1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by herbivore21, May 8, 2014.

1. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Ok, so say someone got a bunch of kief from a top UK superskunk strain and combined it with ethanol to make this:

[​IMG]

What would it be called? Has no noticable smell in this state. It is rock hard, like glass. Very hard to break the pieces unless you hit it hard with something sharp as slightly weighty. It vaporizes incredibly well, tastes like the loveliest flowers one has ever tasted and gets one completely out of this world stoned.

So again, what on earth is this?

SSVUN~YAH and Herr_Dampf like this.
  2. Herr_Dampf

Herr_Dampf Herr Glas

I am doing my first ever extraction tonight so I can't really help you, but I'd have a question of my own: is this just a weird light reflections or are this parts really red?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. 420democrat

420democrat Well-Known Member

Shatter?

RUDE BOY, SSVUN~YAH and Herr_Dampf like this.
  4. herbivore21

Herr-Dampf you have mail and it is worth it from what I have heard about this! :D

420 democrat, are you unsure (given the question mark)? Should we get someone else to confirm too? Cheers :)

Herr_Dampf likes this.
  5. 420democrat

420democrat Well-Known Member

Yes I'm very new to the concentrate game but it looks an awful lot like some shatter I had a while ago

Or what I was told to be shatter

Herr_Dampf and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  6. 4tokin

4tokin Well-Known Member

Shatter it is.
    The red tinge comes from the ethanol wash.
    Congratulations on a very fine first run.

Herr_Dampf, Tweak and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. herbivore21

Nice! It is like nothing I have ever experienced. So this is why the US is so swept up in these kinds of concentrates! Cheers for the kind remarks on my first effort! :)

I have had others in another thread say the same. This is good news! Great success!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  8. vakedcow

vakedcow Gentlecow Vaper and Halloween kiddo

ohhhhh nice and congratz, my ethanol just arrived, planing on doing some kief tonight, could you elaborate on your process pls? :)

Edit: found the QWET thread, off to read that :)

9. herbivore21

@vakedcow kief is very different from flowers.

All I did is simple, get glass jar, pour 1.5g of kief into jar, pour 60-80ml (filling the jar 5x higher than the kief fills it) of ethanol into jar. Rinse kief and ethanol in jar reasonably well on and off for 15 minutes, or as soon as you see any sign of colour of fluid darkening or especially turning green. If you see any sign of those things, immediately filter out solution and evaporate. I just evap down on a double boiler at a low heat on my stove in a pyrex dish.

It is so easy and has a very high yield considering the amount of product used! :D

Herr_Dampf, SSVUN~YAH and vakedcow like this.
  10. vakedcow

vakedcow Gentlecow Vaper and Halloween kiddo

thanks, almost as I planned but I'm considering frozen solvent, also I had no idea about the 5 times as much liquid, probably would have just covered it.
    What I was really wondering about after some mail exchange and seeing the plant matter on a usb microscope was the immersion time, your sentence kind sir, is pure gold of common sense: observe and decide! :science:

I'll double boil in pyrex on water bath and will probably winterize before that as an additonal step :2c:

I was hoping for big yields with less solvent and I'm happy that you confirm that :D

herbivore21, Herr_Dampf and SSVUN~YAH like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors