What Infuser/decarboxylation machine to buy 2023?

Maschine

I`m looking for a kitchen device to decarb and infuse. The main goal is to get a super consistent product without paying to much attention to it. I don`t care that much about the price as longs as it is of decent quality but I happily save some bucks if possible!
I only knew the Magical Butter machine but disliked it because of the lack of a method to decarb and the relative big measures.
Then I came across this sub forum and no I can`t decide what to choose so maybe you could help me out with your insights?!

What I prefer:
EU based dealer/shop to avoid customs.
Decarb and infuse in one step/device and as closed and ez to clean as possible to get a hygienic product I can store a while.
I would love to do extracts using ethanol is this possible with the nebula or ardent?
What I don`t need is overcomplicated stuff forcing me to use apps and buy extra stuff later.

Thanks in advance :tup:

shredder

I`m looking for a kitchen device to decarb and infuse. The main goal is to get a super consistent product without paying to much attention to it. I don`t care that much about the price as longs as it is of decent quality but I happily save some bucks if possible!
I only knew the Magical Butter machine but disliked it because of the lack of a method to decarb and the relative big measures.
Then I came across this sub forum and no I can`t decide what to choose so maybe you could help me out with your insights?!

What I prefer:
Decarb and infuse in one step/device and as closed and ez to clean as possible to get a hygienic product I can store a while.
I would love to do extracts using ethanol is this possible with the nebula or ardent?
What I don`t need is overcomplicated stuff forcing me to use apps and buy extra stuff later.

I've been happy for several years now with our Ardent Nova fx. Ive decarbed pounds of mj in it as we dont smoke or vape. It doesn't do alcohol infusions though.

To be honest alcohol infusions are very easy with a few kitchen items. No biggy imho.

Principal Guy

I also debated which to buy but I decided on the Hello High Ultra Infuser. It DOES alcohol extractions. I’ve been decarbing cannabis and grinding it to make capsules. Lots cheaper than buying edibles at the dispensary. Interesting to note that both Ardent and Hello High were started by Black women.

Amazon

YouTube

Maschine

I also debated which to buy but I decided on the Hello High Ultra Infuser. It DOES alcohol extractions. I’ve been decarbing cannabis and grinding it to make capsules. Lots cheaper than buying edibles at the dispensary. Interesting to note that both Ardent and Hello High were started by Black women.

Amazon

YouTube
This device looks great! Hope someone here already bought it and can enlighten us a bit how it preforms in everyday life.
Amazon cross marketing suggested so many device I haven`t seen yet though the appear somewhat similar at first glance. Fingers crossed they all available on the EU market.

Edit: Is Hello High the brand of this woman doing super comprehensible/easy recipes on youtube? I love her videos!

Last edited:
Maschine,

Principal Guy

dit: Is Hello High the brand of this woman doing super comprehensible/easy recipes on youtube? I love her videos

You are correct, Sir!

Principal Guy,
Reactions: Maschine

637vape

I just picked up an ardent fx along with the strainer ‘press’ they make and making butter has never been easier.

I also have an ardent nova which just decarbs and does not infuse.

The fx stinks up my house, it is very noticeable to me through the entire decarb and infuse cycle (hours), but others have said they don’t really smell anything. The nova has a silicone lid and a hard plastic lid and was totally odorless until you open it.

I would definitely recommend the fx if you’re okay with just oils/butters.

shredder

I would definitely recommend the fx if you’re okay with just oils/butters.

Don't forget the main function is as a decarber, lol. And that it does well. I rarely make an infusion with it, although that is a popular use, we use feco for infusing, it's just easier and better tasting.

Almost all our nova fx use is as a decarber. I decarb herb and hash/rosin for making capsules. We use feco for the rest of our edibles.

My days as a cannabis growing caregiver are slowly ending, (patients dying, and dispensaries are everywhere now and the prices have fell ) my fx has been used a ton in the last few years. If it broke id buy another.

Maschine

I just recognized I`ve completely overseen your comments, maybe I need to change my notifications or something.... Thank you anyway!
That`s a lot of votes for the ardent :) I was pretty sure I go with the Hello High device next month but now I will have a closer look into the ardent FX again though a bit scared of the smell.

shredder

I just recognized I`ve completely overseen your comments, maybe I need to change my notifications or something.... Thank you anyway!
That`s a lot of votes for the ardent :) I was pretty sure I go with the Hello High device next month but now I will have a closer look into the ardent FX again though a bit scared of the smell.

It took a while but eventually my fx started to smell a little. Nothing like when I decarbed in our oven tho, nothing close.

The inside of the chamber that holds the herb is stainless steel and easy to clean with rubbing alcohol.

Where most of the smell comes from is of course the cannabis itself. And the top.

Not much you can do about the cannabis itself. When you open it after a cycle the smell is obvious like any decarb machine.

The top is made from plastic and silicone. Cleaning the top in a dishwasher takes care of almost all the smell.

I take off the silicone part of the top and clean with rubbing alcohol fairly often and use the dishwasher on the top a couple times a year.

The decarbed herb itself gets used right away or stored in glass jars.

I've only done this once after spilling canna oil all over it, but you can put the main chamber in the dishwasher as well.

shredder

Anyone have any tips and tricks for the FX to get the most out of it?

How about a couple cons first. The silicone sleeve, if you use it a lot, gets infused with resins Even after washing it in our dishwasher. It will seem ok, until it heats up again. The weed smell, and resins, get impregnated in the silicone. We generally just put buds in the main chamber but at times I use glass jars set in the chamber, either way is fine, and it cleans easy So nothing is needed for weed. My number 2 con is the french press thing. After using it I think it’s too messy and wastefull. There are more easy methods to strain oil out of weed.

For decarbing weed, mine has never let me down, if I want a little extra on a decarb I use the cbd mode, for nighttime capsules that we make we run the weed through it for two cycles. I use a small beaker for concentrates. We wash ithe stainless steel interior after a few cycles with rubbing alcohol. Same treatment for the plastic top, and we take the silicone off the top and use alcohol on that as well. Resins collect under the silicone, keeping it clean keeps the fx smelling better.

In the last (3?)Years I’ve run pounds of buds through my fx as a caregiver grower. I would recommend it if you plan on using it a lot, but there are cheaper options for a less frequent user.

onmahgrizzyy

How about a couple cons first. The silicone sleeve, if you use it a lot, gets infused with resins Even after washing it in our dishwasher. It will seem ok, until it heats up again. The weed smell, and resins, get impregnated in the silicone. We generally just put buds in the main chamber but at times I use glass jars set in the chamber, either way is fine, and it cleans easy So nothing is needed for weed. My number 2 con is the french press thing. After using it I think it’s too messy and wastefull. There are more easy methods to strain oil out of weed.

For decarbing weed, mine has never let me down, if I want a little extra on a decarb I use the cbd mode, for nighttime capsules that we make we run the weed through it for two cycles. I use a small beaker for concentrates. We wash ithe stainless steel interior after a few cycles with rubbing alcohol. Same treatment for the plastic top, and we take the silicone off the top and use alcohol on that as well. Resins collect under the silicone, keeping it clean keeps the fx smelling better.

In the last (3?)Years I’ve run pounds of buds through my fx as a caregiver grower. I would recommend it if you plan on using it a lot, but there are cheaper options for a less frequent user.
I've actually got one already :)

Do you normally run the normal decarb, and run CBD cycle when you're looking to make it a little stonier? and then run regular cycle twice if you're looking to make it extra stoney? Are you aiming for CBN or do you feel regular cycle doesn't get as much as it could? I honestly have trouble with edibles in terms of not really getting stoned so I'm curious if I should try a different method to decarb besides the normal cycle

shredder

I've actually got one already :)

Do you normally run the normal decarb, and run CBD cycle when you're looking to make it a little stonier? and then run regular cycle twice if you're looking to make it extra stoney? Are you aiming for CBN or do you feel regular cycle doesn't get as much as it could? I honestly have trouble with edibles in terms of not really getting stoned so I'm curious if I should try a different method to decarb besides the normal cycle

Without testing it’s impossible to know exactly what I’m making. By experience I know a double decarb helps with sleep. Is it cbn? Idk.

Now that you have a fx, experiment to find out what works for you.

If you want an extra kick add concentrates. Sometimes I add decarbed hash, rosin or feco. you can also customize your edibles with other things like terpenes, melatonin, turmeric, or whatnot.

Check out this thread for ideas. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gel-capsules.51468/

Last edited:

Zander

I recently just bought a levo lux kitchen sink bundle, and it seems to be a really good value, but I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t say if I feel that it’s really worth it afterall. I’ll try it this weekend and let you guys know what my experience was like if you’re interested.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I understand you crossed it off your list, just sharing in case someone benefits. I bit the bullet on a MagicButter bundle which included a silicon box and digital thermometer, special gloves, and a press to squeeze out your material. I use it mostly with AVB (Already de-carbed), but have de-carbed herbs in the kit. I've mostly done coconut oil and recently tried butter. Definitely should have measured the final product before discarding anything. From 32oz of butter and 80g of material, yield was 20oz. I'm a noob, first time ever with butter. In hind sight before discarding any material, I should have re-heated my material and pressed it again.

That said it worked well with the oil.

I don't mid the capacity on the MB, the whole process is a fair amount of work and cleanup. The MB setup is an improvement over a sauce pan and coffee filters. Right, wrong or indifferent, I melt and clarify the butter in a sauce pan. I also clean my material and then run it through a food processor before decarbing in the MB Box and then adding all to the MB. Sure it would be better if I could toss all the content with little to no prep into a machine, but I do kind of enjoy the process spaced out over a couple of days. I'd buy this package again, but as a noob I'm not sure I know any better. In short, the MB is better than a sauce pan. I have no major complaints.

sickmanfraud

I am a user of the Ardent Fx and Nova before that.

I can state that if you want the best-tasting edibles (unless you enjoy chlorophyll) decarb your cannabis DRY. Either an Ardent or Ardent type machine or an oven at 240F for 40 minutes.

Then you make an extraction using the freezer method.

BTW, I know that many of you are young and healthy and want to stay that way. I cut the amount of oil in every cannabis baking recipe.

I use 1/4 cup of coconut/mct oil containing the dosage for the whole recipe then I substitute for the lacking oil. I make banana chocolate chip cake using overripe bananas for the missing 3/4 cup of oil and I use applesauce in most other baking projects.

When using a Green dragon tincture as the basis for any recipe I take the amount of cannabinoids I want in the recipe and make a solvent transfer from ethanol to coconut oil.

Kebo1923

Joining all the prior Ardent praise. Had mine for years, passed on to a friend who bakes more. Device was straight forward, worked great, low smell, and produced consistent extractions. Really like that I could use as little material as I wanted.

Kebo1923,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Popcorn Lung

Amazon

YouTube

Anyone else have experience with the Hello High?

I use the “instant pot” method that one of our members came up with a few years back. It works amazingly well! The irony is not lost on me that it’s in the name already. 😂

I’ve been so close many times on purchasing the Ardent but some of the reviews I’ve read about scare me away. Like not being able to set temperature and some reviews on Amazon that it decarbed to the point of burning the flower. There are other reviews claiming that after decarbing and infusing they had no effects. This last one is strange but still worrisome.

I’m glad everyone on here has had good results. Maybe I’ll consider it again.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I use a Sous Vide to decarb, and extract. You can get exact temperatures and not worry about overcooking , and it's virtually smell proof. The only downside is the timing. Two hours to decarb. and 4 hours to extract . The cost is minimal, I've seen them as cheap as $40. I use an ANOVA, I think it was $80 . They also cook a mean Pot roast . 135 degrees for 24 hours, and a simple chuck roast becomes prime rib ;):lol:.

StellarLarve

What I prefer:

A little late to the party, but I have just bought and tested a Pot by Noids machine.

Designed in Amsterdam, sold in EU, all in one decarb / oil infusion-extraction / alcohol tincture device, with basically 3 settings. Set and forget. Brilliant filter, and all the greasy parts go in the dishwasher. I think I will really like it.

edit: I wrote a bit more about this first tiny test batch in the dedicated thread

Top Bottom