what if you smoked bud after it was used to make oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris 71

recently something came to light for me after reading about the process of making bho. in a thread here on fc.
after doing a bho run aparently the buds look pretty much the same as when you started. would the same be true of buds that had been processed using the iso rince tecqneic. untill joining here on fc, i was pretty much in the dark about such things.
so only in like the last year i have been learning so much on fc. even though having been using for almost 30 years i just bought it and smoked it.

anyway to my question..
about 2 years ago i ended up with i think 2 oz of bud that seemed to smell pretty good but did look differient then what i had been used to.
it was very loose and not sticky at all, not tight and didnt seem to have any crystals, anyway i smoked it over the coarse of about a year. i did get a buzz from it but it was very mild. which i didnt mind.
but i did smoke a couple with a friend and he didnt think he really got a buzz. dont think i noticed any wierd taste or anything. it was just mild i kept it in a jar.
anyway after reading about the buds looking pretty much the same after using to make oil a light went off in my head.
now im wondering could this be bad i do notice something about my lungs not feeling like they used to.
i had chest xrays done on two different ocasions and both times there was mention of signs of copd.
i had a lung function test and im good. but im concerned about this more now what if this guy had made oil out of the buds then traded them to me?. what exactly happens after putting the bud through these processes?
would the iso evap and be relitivly harmless? does anybody have any idea about such a thing. i relize this might not even be the case but... would like to hear from anyone with a knowageble idea thanks

chris 71,

farscaper

I believe that pretty much any solvent (ISO, Ethanol or butane) would evaporate out of the plant material cleanly more or less... im sure there is a possibility that there could be some trace contamination, but not so much that your gonna get sick after smoking some of it after it has dried...

I think that there could be a few plausible explanations to your query...

1. a low potency bud that was just grown loose and poor quality from the get go... didnt you mention "trading for it"? could it be that the dude just knew it was shitty to begin with and therefore didnt want it himself?

2. It was ran... and most of the actives were gone. I think you would still know that it was ran if it was truly nug and not brick weed.

3. It was just plain "OLD WEED". i notice a potency drop in anything i have more than a few months... so its easy to assume that depending on the bud when u got it... it may have just been old... and then you kept it for a year or so.... that only continued the degradation process... just kept getting older...

I have plenty of friends who talk the talk... but then they pull out a bag of their "Good shit" and I laugh...
if it came in a brick... i dont touch it! might get you high, but if you tasters choice that along side some nug... yea... big difference... maybe your friend is just like me.. more accustomed to high quality material... not trying to put you down... some people just react different to different strains and quality.

to this day i still have friends who give me shit i refuse to consume "their" weed... im picky and they have shitty weed... My tolerance would require me to sit down and consume their entire stash of brick while a couple tokes off my stash and all is well!

farscaper,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
3. It was just plain "OLD WEED". i notice a potency drop in anything i have more than a few months... so its easy to assume that depending on the bud when u got it... it may have just been old... and then you kept it for a year or so.... that only continued the degradation process... just kept getting older...

AFAIK, potency will only drop if oxygen, light, or heat touch the trichromes. Properly stored bud will only get more potent over time, to an extent. Here is an article about some 2,700 year old weed found in a tomb in China.

My guess would be that then ran the bud over a sifting screen, which was much more common than other ways of making concentrates back in the day.

chris 71

thanks for taking the time to respond guys, it wasent old weed it was still very green and looked "fresh" i didnt know the guy from adam, and traded him some teraium animals. met him through another forum for critters that i keep.
it wasent brick weed either .the guy said he grew it him self indoors, cant remember for sure but he said it was some kinda skunk. anyway it looked far better then it was. and was just soo loose.
i would say that was the wierdest thing about it. how the buds werent nugs not really even buds. and no crystal even though it looked like it should have been coverd and sticky but it wasent.
i have smoke lots of good weed and lots of crapy and brick type stuff but there was just something strange about this stuff that it stuck out in my mind.
then when i was reading about the oil making process it was like an imediate pop im my head.
i wonder if thats what was wrong with that bud i got that time. then the worring what the fuck!! could this be really bad if he did do this i cant belive how assholish some people can be. i would never do that to someone wtf.... like i said i guess i dont know for sure but.. who knows there was something wierd about it is all i know and dont think in all my years of smoking i have come accros buds like this before..
so anyway hopfully like you said farscaper if indeed something like this happened it would prob be ok long as it had evaped only thing is it wasent total dry like not wet but dry enough to smoke like regula bud.
i can now buy thhrough the compasion club so at least i am out of having to buy or trade from possible fuck heads

chris 71,

farscaper

Chris, your gonna get me going on growing and thats a no go here...

Edit: fuck possible fuckheads! Go with the people you trust.

farscaper,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom