What if Apple Made a Vaporizer...

tie

Don't quote me, but isn't the Firefly essentially the Apple vaporizer? Made my ex apple engineers? Or am I just pulling this out my ass?

PC for life :)

Edit: He worked for apple designing OSX apparently.
http://www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valley-vape-marijuana-tobacco-tesla-firefly-2014-2
Good point! But a few ex employees isn't quite the company itself.

To everyone saying you'd be "above" buying an iVape...I don't think you understand how revolutionary it would be. Love or hate Apple, there's nothing that could hold a candle to the works of a $700 billion dollar corporation. To compare Ploom, Firefly, or even Storz & Bickel to such a company is kind of ridiculous.

biohacker

People would complain to me that the Apple vaporizer costs more, tell me what a sucker I am to buy one, and how much better a deal they got on a PC vaporizer. They would then be confused as to the reason why PC vaporizers performance is so inconsistent, get viruses, take 3 steps to do what can be done in one step with an Apple vaporizer, etc. I would then point out to the PC vaporizer fanboy that although my Apple vaporizer was initially more expensive, it lasted for 5 years with no viruses, consistent performance, and almost no problems, whereas he is now on his third PC in the same time period. I would then gloat about how much better VALUE an Apple vaporizer really is. :sherlock:

This is priceless! What a textbook summary!

howie105

To everyone saying you'd be "above" buying an iVape...I don't think you understand how revolutionary it would be. Love or hate Apple, there's nothing that could hold a candle to the works of a $700 billion dollar corporation. To compare Ploom, Firefly, or even Storz & Bickel to such a company is kind of ridiculous.

Talk to Nano owners then take a look at the size of Epicvape.

howie105,

howie105

That last post was not meant to rag on Apple but I got carried away. Apologies to all my I friends.

Last edited:

sativasam

NO SMOKING

Exactly. What that sort of money could do within the vape industry I can't imagine.
I reckon if they made a desktop vape they would make something super safe/clean and sexy!:brow:

Theres the Vapecase, which is kind of Appleeee.. :rofl:
vapecase-iphone-vaporizer4.jpg

Some thoughts on what the portable iVape might be like in the year 2030:

It would have a voice activated Siri in which you would tell it what temperature you want to heat your herbs or concentrate.

It would have solar charging and WIFI charging (that worked!).

It would be water proof.

It would have a password.

You would have to sign up (open an account) when you first use the device, giving all your information such as your name address, phone number, email, gender... and seeing the way things are going these days probably your religion, ethnicity, political views, sexual habits and criminal record as well.

You could order iWeed through the iWeed app on the device (or phone if it's anything like the Vapecase) and it would be delivered to you swiftly in a similar fashion as Deliveroo or Uber.

The vape would have a sensor that timed and counted your draws giving feedback to Apple so that they can further improve their products.

A bit like the running/health apps, the iVape would be able to tell you how many grams you have vaped that day, and for how long you had vaped. (This would actually be amazing!)

So you can moniter you lung improvement closely the iVape would also be able to test your lung capacity simply by blowing hard on the device.

You could 'edit' the flavour of your weed like a photograph while vaping, by turning up and down the 'saturation' or 'contrast' so as to tune to your desired tastes.

Would I use the iVape, FUCK YEAH!

Last edited:

howie105

Ex-nano owner here. 4 out of 4 orders were messed up, and communication was like smashing your head against the wall. I'd say their size reflects it.

How many customers out of how many other customers? While being an annoyed customer sucks its a question of overall customer base satisfaction.

howie105,
Reactions: biohacker

Poostuff

Please delete
Ex-nano owner here. 4 out of 4 orders were messed up, and communication was like smashing your head against the wall. I'd say their size reflects it.
I dunno if it's size, I've had excellent buying experiences from both Epic Vape & Apple. Fast & professional service from both of them. Epic was much cheaper of course ;)

Poostuff,
Reactions: biohacker

tie

Some thoughts on what the portable iVape might be like in the year 2030:

It would have a voice activated Siri in which you would tell it what temperature you want to heat your herbs or concentrate.

It would have solar charging and WIFI charging (that worked!).

It would be water proof.

It would have a password.

You would have to sign up (open an account) when you first use the device, giving all your information such as your name address, phone number, email, gender... and seeing the way things are going these days probably your religion, ethnicity, political views, sexual habits and criminal record as well.

You could order iWeed through the iWeed app on the device (or phone if it's anything like the Vapecase) and it would be delivered to you swiftly in a similar fashion as Deliveroo or Uber.

The vape would have a sensor that timed and counted your draws giving feedback to Apple so that they can further improve their products.

A bit like the running/health apps, the iVape would be able to tell you how many grams you have vaped that day, and for how long you had vaped. (This would actually be amazing!)

So you can moniter you lung improvement closely the iVape would also be able to test your lung capacity simply by blowing hard on the device.

You could 'edit' the flavour of your weed like a photograph while vaping, by turning up and down the 'saturation' or 'contrast' so as to tune to your desired tastes.

Would I use the iVape, FUCK YEAH!
LMAO! This is at least the fourth version of the exact same post.

I swear you all are a bunch of paranoid stoners. :lol: "Apple is going to track me down" "Apple wants to know my religion" "Apple is spying on me" "Fuck the corporations, man."

Behind Apple's overbearing "everything must be Apple" attitude lies one of the most competent electronics companies in the world. Unlike phones, watches, or laptops, no one will ever want a vaporizer with tons of bells and whistles. I don't think they would be too naive to realize this.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
People would complain to me that the Apple vaporizer costs more, tell me what a sucker I am to buy one, and how much better a deal they got on a PC vaporizer. They would then be confused as to the reason why PC vaporizers performance is so inconsistent, get viruses, take 3 steps to do what can be done in one step with an Apple vaporizer, etc. I would then point out to the PC vaporizer fanboy that although my Apple vaporizer was initially more expensive, it lasted for 5 years with no viruses, consistent performance, and almost no problems, whereas he is now on his third PC in the same time period. I would then gloat about how much better VALUE an Apple vaporizer really is. :sherlock:

:lol: I missed this, very clever and funny!

On the contrary, I figure they would have a very overpriced desktop type unit that would look very sleek and have a nifty little logo. For a fraction of the price, you could get a PC vape that has stronger and more powerful internals, and when you take the time to learn the machine, you'd be rewarded with any results you want. You'd be able to do it super simple, or extra complex, the beauty is in the options :)

With proper care and maintaince, it would last just as long as the Apple Vape. If not longer, and I would gloat at the guy who spent a great deal more when Id be able to get a more powerful and versatile product for a fraction of the price ;)

The dreaded reclaim virus that would stick up and slow down these vapes, the Apple one would be immune but the PC would be as protected with proper care and taking the time to learn the ins and outs.

They would probably make a killer portable vape though, I just want something that looks slick, works well and simply, and gets me high! I'd be confident that their portable vape would do that! I'd buy it :)

(I jest, apple products are nice but for what I need/use PCs for, Apple just isn't for me. Have been rocking the iPhone's and iPods for a while though as I love how easy it is for them to do what they do. I don't understand or have a place for tablets)

sativasam

NO SMOKING
LMAO! This is at least the fourth version of the exact same post.

I swear you all are a bunch of paranoid stoners. :lol: "Apple is going to track me down" "Apple wants to know my religion" "Apple is spying on me" "Fuck the corporations, man."

Behind Apple's overbearing "everything must be Apple" attitude lies one of the most competent electronics companies in the world. Unlike phones, watches, or laptops, no one will ever want a vaporizer with tons of bells and whistles. I don't think they would be too naive to realize this.

I would like to think I came with some original ideas of my own thanks.
Stoners tend to be anti-capitalist left wing types. And have you never heard the phrase 'just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not after you.'

Farid

I chalk it up to stoners being cheaper about other things because weed can be expensive. Fuck buying an Ipod I'd rather buy an MP3 player and an oz.

Farid,

herbivore21

hahahaha @Ratchett bro that description of the apple ivape bubble packaged weed cartridges killed me!

Also considering the latest iPhone flagship offering, imagine the battery life.

Apple iVape: consume your cannabis wherever you want, once per charge cycle!

:lol: seriously though, I know Apple are great at what they do (except their desktop OS for some time now, ugh!), they just don't have anything on offer that meets my specific needs. Also I am the first to say that in the mobile space, where privacy and background data collection are concerned; Apple, Microsoft and Google are as bad as each other!

P.S. I reserve rights to say I was first to come up with the idea to make an aftermarket battery pack to boost the battery life of any forthcoming Apple vape. You saw it here first people!

KACHING!

biohacker

How many customers out of how many other customers? While being an annoyed customer sucks its a question of overall customer base satisfaction.

I dunno if it's size, I've had excellent buying experiences from both Epic Vape & Apple. Fast & professional service from both of them. Epic was much cheaper of course

Perhaps things have changed over the past year, I know additional staff were to be hired or something. But for the year that I partook in that thread, it was a common motif that communication and screwed up orders were near the norm, but in the end Andy always made you happy. If you are looking for overall customer base satisfaction, check out the Puffitup thread! That's customer service!

I chalk it up to stoners being cheaper about other things because weed can be expensive. Fuck buying an Ipod I'd rather buy an MP3 player and an oz.

That must be so true, look at the vape threads on this board..... all the cheap ones are bustling, yet the expensive vape threads seem to be ghost towns.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I'm totally with you on this. My very first computer was a Mac Plus back in '86 and every computer since then has been a Mac. Love their product.

In regards to an Apple vape, the PAX was called the Apple of vaporizers back when it was first introduced but to me, that label was only because of its aesthetics as well as their packaging.

What surprises me a bit is that they haven't come out with a TV yet but I have no doubt that they will.
Just saw the advertising last night via commercial during Sunday Night Football.

Apple TV is coming real soon.

Hashtag46&2,

lwien

Just saw the advertising last night via commercial during Sunday Night Football.

Apple TV is coming real soon.

Apple promotes a product called Apple TV that is actually a streaming box rather than a TV. Did the ad that you saw actually promote a television?

Farid

I don't have a problem with Apple, but I just don't have a need for any of their products. My father is a software engineer, so I grew up around computers, so user friendliness isn't a concern. If not getting viruses is a concern I'd stick with Ubuntu. I don't use smart phones because I don't like the weight in my pockets. I do have an Ipod, but only because my friend wanted to trade it for my broken Purple Days.

I do find it annoying when fanboys of apple imply that people like me have some sort of bias against Apple for whatever reason. I just see it as a company that offers me very little. If they started making vaporizers I'd certainly reconsider, but I wouldn't do so blindly. If the vaporizer industry has taught me anything it is that small companies can thrive if they stand behind a quality product and customer support. And I'd say the same thing if Android or Toyota started making vaporizers.

whereskarlo

An Apple vape would be beautiful, have one temperature setting, built-in battery, require iTunes to iUpdate (the temps will drop with each update making it useless after a few), have short battery life so you can upgrade to the better iVape 2 the next year, be endorsed by Bono, be expensive, and will require the Apple GRiNDER to fill it with herbs. It won't vaporize weed well as it's only been tested with apples.

whereskarlo,

throwawaytre3s

I don't think is buy it. I own an ipad for school, with a bluetooth keyboard, and I do like it quite a bit. I recently got am android tablet as part of a promotion and love it a lot more than k thought I would. In fact, im typing this right now on one.

But I'd much rather support a company like Arizer or Epic Vapes, underdog or triihouse (even though they've recently gone dark), or firewood.

Edit: autocorrect changed vapes to capes.

Top Bottom