What happened to my yield? QWET to QWISO

n3oNLit3

I have been running qwet with EC and am getting between 15 - 20 percent yield. Do to finances I am forced to switch to qwiso, which I had no measurable yield. I was pissed to say the least. I will describe my processes for both extractions below, but have a qwet related question first.

EC has become way to expensive and I am looking for a cheaper alternative that is still qwet. I have found this: UTILITY GRADE 200-PROOF (NOT-CERTIFIED-ORGANIC) GRAIN ALCOHOL They also sell ORGANIC CANE ALCOHOL which is the next cheapest option. Will either of these work for qwet?

QWET Tek:

I run 10g at a time and I do 3 separate washes of 3, 5 and 10 minutes.
10g is in small popcorn nug sizes. Cured cannabis is placed on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and put in the oven at 200* until it breaks apart when rolled between finger and thumb. Cannabis is stored inside a small mason jar and placed into the freezer. EC has been in the freezer for weeks. Cannabis is frozen for 24 hrs before extraction.

EC is poured over cannabis until it is completely submerged. Canna/EC is easily swirled to ensure all cannabis is equally wet. I place back in freezer for a total of 3 minutes, @ 1:30 I again easily agitate the Canna/EC mix.

Canna/EC mix is poured into strainer to separate the two. The cannabis is placed back into freezer for the next extraction. Extracted material is then filtered with unbleached coffee filter into my evap dish.

Cannabis is again submerged in EC and put back into the freezer for a total of 5 minutes. @ 2:30 I easily agitate the mix. Canna/EC mix is separated and strained as previously described.

Cannabis is again submerged in EC and put back into the freezer for a total of 10 minutes. @ 5:00 I easily agitate the mix. Canna/EC mix is separated and strained as previously described.

The 3 evap dishes are placed on an upside down cookie sheet over a electric griddle with a fan blowing across the top. My evap is a F'n disaster as I am still searching for something that will maintain a constant temperature. I let these evap at 90 to 100 degrees until its 'done' IDK how to explain it, I just know as I have done it repeated times.

What I get from my qwet is the blondest pull-n-snap I've ever vaped. The taste is better IMO than some of the best BHO I've had, and this is coming from a rec state with plenty of access. Again 15-20% yield.

QWISO Tek:

I ran 10g at once and did 3 washes, consecutively of 20, 20 and 30 seconds.

Cannabis and ISO had been in freezer for 24hrs. Iso was poured over the cannabis, about a quarter inch above the level of submersion for the cannabis. Canna/ISO wash swirled around for 20 seconds and the separated and strained as described in QWET tek.

Repeat process immediately for another 20 second wash, followed by a 30 second final wash.

Evap was as described in qwet, but it never seemed to 'finish' It remained a sticky sap consistency.

What I got from my obviously failed :disgust: qwiso attempt was a golden oil, but I'm guessing it was less than 0.2g or 2 F'n percent..

I'm lost on what the hell happened with my qwiso :bang: Please help

TL;DR I consider my qwet tek and results above par. I tried qwiso and you would think I had no clue what I was doing.. What went wrong?

Sorry for such a long first post.. Been lurking for a long time

Top Bottom