Gear What extraction tube to get?

vapor33

I know there are pvc, metal, glass, etc.

Just looking for a recommendation on what to get and if possible, the brand also. Thanks.

vapor33,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Definately GLASS

I enjoy dealing with these guys: www.extractionexperts.com/Products.html

I bought the DS Glass X-tractor and the X-tractor XL with the stand from them. I've also purchased the Vac pump purge kit as well. They have been good to deal with for me, even though 'I' find their store page quite confusing (which at times causes me to email for verification/explanation.

z9

Glass and SS tubes work well but nothing beats a mason jar for the price and ease of use

z9,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Glass and SS tubes work well but nothing beats a mason jar for the price and ease of use

Are you referring to a mason for a butane 'soak' instead of spray-through ?

smokum,

z9

I was and I should have specified. You can do quick washes with butane, it doesn't have to be soaked for a long period of time. Tubes are a pain in the ass IMO and eventually break (ss aside), I've yet to have a mason jar break. I can't tell a difference in my concentrate when blasting through a tube or soaking in a jar, granted I don't soak for long periods of time.

I don't know why one would pay for a brand name tube... maybe if it was a glass on glass tube with built in screen and such.

Contact Oregon Glass Blower on Ioffer, he can make a tube as good as anyone and will likely do it for cheap

z9,

vapor33

I was and I should have specified. You can do quick washes with butane, it doesn't have to be soaked for a long period of time. Tubes are a pain in the ass IMO and eventually break (ss aside), I've yet to have a mason jar break. I can't tell a difference in my concentrate when blasting through a tube or soaking in a jar, granted I don't soak for long periods of time.

I don't know why one would pay for a brand name tube... maybe if it was a glass on glass tube with built in screen and such.

Contact Oregon Glass Blower on Ioffer, he can make a tube as good as anyone and will likely do it for cheap

So you can just soak it in the jar for the specified time and then strain out the plant matter and it will be the same result as if you used a tube? If so, how long do you soak it? I'm guessing like 30 seconds?

vapor33,

kingtut106

Glass is my preference and I went with the extraction experts tube as well the 80g. You can always fill it less than full if you think your runs are too small for it.

Keep in mind you want a diameter around 1"-1 1/2" diameter anything larger is bad for uniform distribution of butane.

Top Bottom