What Did You Last Watch?

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Title is self-explanatory. Could be a TV show, could be a film, even a play. Post a couple of sentences to recommend/otherwise.

I recently watched the first (and last :'() season of Terriers, one of the most fucking amazing first seasons I have ever seen - right up there with my favourites Deadwood and Arrested Development. I am slowly beginning to form the opinion that the average TV-vegging American has horrible taste in TV, letting shit like Heroes run for several seasons and getting the most well-written and well-acted shows cancelled so quickly by simply not watching.
Do try to get your hands on this amazing, brilliant show.

JeeSee,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Last night I watched my husband run around "virtual E3" with his avatar. Before that, watched "Restaurant Impossible." Robert Irvine is tough, but gets the job done! :)

Vicki,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Game of Thrones! And I can't wait for Breaking Bad to come back next month.

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Hell yes Breaking Bad hi-five! GoT... let's just say I'm one of those douchebag purists, I've been reading the books since I was 17 (just recently finished A Dance With Dragons) and I honestly believe the series doesn't do them justice.
Rewatched Drive (again) because it's just the best fucking movie anyone made last year.

JeeSee,

drumwizard

Account Closed
Game of Thrones! And I can't wait for Breaking Bad to come back next month.

Game of Thrones is the best show on television at the moment in my opinion! I'm currently reading book 3 (which will be Season 3) "A Storm of Swords". I'd say that the show is pretty accurate to the books except for a few things (ie...Dani's age in the book compared to the show). The books are much more detailed and "raunchy" than the show imo but it still does a great job of putting everything together and keeping track of everyone. I love a good vapor session with Game of Thrones!

drumwizard,

crawdad

floatin
mash, episode called "potter's retirement".

colonel potter finds out someone in the 4077 camp has been sending bad reports about him to icor, the colonel is offered to go stateside to finish out the war so his military record wont be tarnished...after finding out who was bad mouthing him and settling the issue over he still is able to leave and finally see his wife, however hawkeye, bj and company convince him to stay to keep the mash family together so the misery of war is shared...potter decides to stay and as everyone leaves his office he mumbles to himself "...i hate this place."...cue credits.

crawdad,
Reactions: Vicki

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The Mighty Boosh, Season 1, Episode 6 - Charlie.

It's a strange show, but if it agrees with you, it's awesome.

Vince (a zookeeper) writes a epic childrens story about Charlie - a giant living blob of bubblegum.
When his boss steals the idea, Vince runs off, and comes storming back with none other than Charlie!
Cue a hilarious musical number where charlie and his minions help Vince out...
The Charlie story is one of the funniest things I've ever seen :lmao:

Frederick McGuire,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Control. I honestly don't see why everyone's made such a huge deal of this movie. Perhaps it's because I'm not a Joy Division fan, but it just didn't appeal to me. The style got old in a hurry, and there was nothing much there after that beyond watching Ian Curtis go through the motions. Sam Riley's a good actor, but he can't pull this movie out of a quagmire of black and white repetition. There are depressing movies and there are depressed movies... this is certainly the latter. I have yet to watch The American, but if Corbijn does similar things there I doubt I'll like it very much.
Oh, and it's not that I dislike slow-paced films (although this could definitely have done with some upscale editing), this one just seemed to go nowhere fast.

JeeSee,
Top Bottom