What are your 4/20 plans?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I don't really have a lot planned. I am heading over to The Body Shop for their 4 for $20.00 hemp sale. I plan to vape as much kief as I need to alleviate all my pain, no conserving, like I usually do. :)

I have one "special" brownie in the freezer that I was saving for tomorrow, but I decided to save it for May 17th when we go see Star Trek Into Darkness. :D

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Tomorrow there is a MMJ Farmer's Market, which has food stands, live music, and lots of vendors... later, they have a real party. Not sure if we are staying for that, but we will do our shopping earlier.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Tomorrow there is a MMJ Farmer's Market, which has food stands, live music, and lots of vendors... later, they have a real party. Not sure if we are staying for that, but we will do our shopping earlier.

That's really cool that you have something like that to go to! :nod:

Vicki,

dorkus_molorkus

tomorrow I am having my 2nd annual Dorkus's 421 party

today is 420 here & its a fizzer, cuz Im the only stoner I know.

Tomorrow I will be in the vapor lounge,getting drunk, stoned, & possibly silly or obnoxious, & trying to be witty as well.
There will be dress ups, photos & most likely some nudity.

I might have a skype party and you can hoist and pound a few with me, the dorkster!
(provided I can get it going, stu & I didnt fare too well earlier with our aussie 420 bong ripp session)

See you guys tomoz! :wave:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
tomorrow I am having my 2nd annual Dorkus's 421 party

today is 420 here & its a fizzer, cuz Im the only stoner I know.

Tomorrow I will be in the vapor lounge,getting drunk, stoned, & possibly silly or obnoxious, & trying to be witty as well.
There will be dress ups, photos & most likely some nudity.

I might have a skype party and you can hoist and pound a few with me, the dorkster!
(provided I can get it going, stu & I didnt fare too well earlier with our aussie 420 bong ripp session)

See you guys tomoz! :wave:

Your party is here in FC chat?

Vicki,

dorkus_molorkus

nup, in the vapor lounge.
I just gotta create the thread.
I was going to start it, when I start partying.:)

that way I can post pics. (hopefully my camera will be amiable to my request for images)

dorkus_molorkus,

Nevertheless1090

So FC family, tomorrow is the our adopted holiday!

Let's keep all what we plan to do or new pieces/vaporizers for the holiday in this thread. So, do most of you guys celebrate it or it's just another day? If so, what are you going to do? Pics and details would be nice . Even past stories would be cool!

I'll start it off:
I've been on a T-break since January 2nd. I've been planning to make this 4/20 different from the rest of my lackluster ones. My celebration will be late due to shipping but I have purchased a Vapexhale cloud Evolver Hydracirc (today), 14g's of no name purple dank, US Tubes Bubbler and a Cvault, which are all in my drawer waiting on my cloud. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and celebrate 4/20 and my T-break in a big way.

So let's hear it, what are you gonna do tomorrow? What's your take on our holiday?

Nevertheless1090,

Nevertheless1090

Sheesh, I was wondering why there wasn't one created. Mods, feel free to do your diligence. Don't know how I overlooked it man, thanks

Nevertheless1090,
Reactions: Vicki

lwien

I guess I'm in the minority here, but for me, I would find it odd celebrating a substance that I have used, off and on for over 40 years. I would find it odd to celebrate any substance. It's just as odd to me as naming a piece, which many do also.

Maybe it's my age, but I just don't get it. What is it about cannabis that deserves a special day of celebration? It's just weed.

I mean, I would understand it, if on 4/20, cannabis became federally legal and all those that were in prison for MJ possession were released. THAT would be a day to celebrate. But just to celebrate the existence of a hallucinogen? Why? I mean, every time we light up, or vape up, isn't that kind of a celebration in and of itself?

I know. I'm being a buzz kill here. Just speakin' off the top o mah head is all.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I guess I'm in the minority here, but for me, I would find it odd celebrating a substance that I have used, off and on for over 40 years. I would find it odd to celebrate any substance. It's just as odd to me as naming a piece, which many do also.

Maybe it's my age, but I just don't get it. What is it about cannabis that deserves a special day of celebration? It's just weed.

I'm kinda like you. I don't really "celebrate" per say. The only thing I'm doing is allowing myself to use as much medicine as I need to properly alleviate my pain. Most of the time, I conserve because of cost, even if I'm in enough pain to really need more. Tomorrow is a day I can get away without using pharmaceutical drugs, for the most part. That TRULY is a celebration for me. :D

lwien

On a side note......how lucky is George Takei to have a birthday on 4/20??!! :D

LOL And I thought I was random. :cool:

Fuck, I missed 4/20 by 6 days. (Just something else to blame my parents for. I mean, what in the hell were they thinkin'? I mean, fuck. Couldn't they have bumped it up another 6 days and make my birthday mean something special? :shrug: )

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can

I mean, I would understand it, if on 4/20, cannabis became federally legal and all those that were in prison for MJ possession were released. THAT would be a day to celebrate. But just to celebrate the existence of a hallucinogen?

Good sir, that's like asking why people drink on St. Patty's Day. ;)

But I think it has a lot to do with this, admittedly receding, feeling of counter-culture that cannabis has. We've all, at least once in our lives, been looked down upon for consuming the plant. Some of us have been in trouble with the law because of it, and some of us patients can't make it through a normal day without. It can be a heavy burden, and a lonely one at times.​

4/20 is a day (and time) of solidarity. Of brand loyalty.There isn't something stirred in you to think that, on this certain day, at this certain time, despite all the negative connotations, millions of people around the world are partaking in something that helps them live their lives? That we are all, while collectively breaking Federal Law (U.S.), standing together and are celebrating that fact.​

On 4/20 no stoner is alone, and I think that's reason enough to light one.​

That being said, I have the happy task of moving my sister's family in to their new place from the early morning to late afternoon. Then I've got a client dinner and drinks at 6PM. After that it's my buddies place for some dabs, bags, and blunts. Young professionalism was never so easy to cope with.
I picked up 3G's of amazing errl, Marilyn Monroe / Hashplant / Sour Cat, along with four extra strength lozenges (taking all of them before the move), two pre-rolls, and an 8th of White Widow.

If we finish moving ahead of time a couple of collectives I frequent are throwing barbeques so I'll stop by for some free ribs and more errl.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm just gonna spend the day watching soccer and vape like a normal Day. wish I had some special Buds stashed and waiting . Not because its 420 but a new DR WHO is on , I've gotten a buzz for every new episode since ' 73 .

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm just gonna spend the day watching soccer and vape like a normal Day. wish I had some special Buds stashed and waiting . Not because its 420 but a new DR WHO is on , I've gotten a buzz for every new episode since ' 73 .

Yes, Doctor Who is always important too! Combined with 4/20 makes it even better! They need to make a new strain called, "Don't Blink!" :nod:

lwien

Good sir, that's like asking why people drink on St. Patty's Day. ;)
But that's celebrating the life of a Saint. Quite a bit different than celebrating the existence of a weed, eh?​
Cannibis is an intoxicant, plain and simple. Many use it to help alleviate the symptoms of various medical conditions. Others use it recreationaly, either to engage life, or to escape from it and as such, I still don't understand the celebration of it. It's just a weed..........not a Saint, as per your example.​
But being that I don't understand it surely doesn't mean that it doesn't hold importance for others. I'm just putting forth another perspective on this, is all.​

But that's celebrating the life of a Saint. Quite a bit different than celebrating the existence of a weed, eh?​
Cannibis is an intoxicant, plain and simple. Many use it to help alleviate the symptoms of various medical conditions. Others use it recreationaly, either to engage life, or to escape from it and as such, I still don't understand the celebration of it. It's just a weed..........not a Saint, as per your example.​
But being that I don't understand it surely doesn't mean that it doesn't hold importance for others. I'm just putting forth another perspective on this, is all.​
I could (almost) get down with a holiday that celebrated the weed in a some sort of meaningful way. To me the 4:20 thing turning into a "holiday" on 4/20 is more about celebrating the dumber side of stoner culture. I'm not sure if it's been ever verified 100% where 4:20 even originated, I know it has zero relevance for me.

mrboote,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can

That's my mistake for using an inadequate analogy. Primarily, St. Patty's in Ireland is a celebration of the Saint, but a majority of folks celebrate it secularly in honor of Irish culture and the billions of gallons of brew that come with it.

Think of it, then, as a celebration of Cannabis culture, the lives and works it has inspired, it's contribution to our national zeitgeist, and the sweet pleasuring company of Mary Jane. To question the existence of such a culture is to question our being on this forum.

Your perspective here is welcomed! I wouldn't seek to say you were wrong in anything said. I merely saw a question in your first post and sought to give you my take on the matter. Personally, I don't feel the zing with 4:20 on the clock. It's just another minute, as to you, 4/20 may be just another day.

Edit:
Forgot to say that best benefit of observing 4/20 is that these dispensaries are practically giving away weed. I can't help but toast the fact that I got $200 worth of the stuff for less than half price.

lwien

Think of it, then, as a celebration of Cannabis culture, the lives and works it has inspired, it's contribution to our national zeitgeist, and the sweet pleasuring company of Mary Jane. To question the existence of such a culture is to question our being on this forum.

It may be because I have been in this culture for over 4 decades, that I am a bit jaded. Hell, I don't even think I'm part of the culture anymore. My being here has more to do with my fascination with vaporizers as a tool, more than the celebration of the weed. To me, it's just weed and holds no more importance than a bottle of beer and come to think of it, even way back when, in the early 70's when the counter culture was in full swing, I think I felt the same way. I didn't hold weed in any of a higher regard than the coke, acid, shrooms, peyote, ludes or any of the other assortment of hallucinogens and intoxicants that I partook in for they were nothing more than a vehicle to get me to someplace else other than where I was, or............to get me more into the place where I already am. :science:

Now where was I? :uhh:

Top Bottom