What are the best pens for concentrates in 2018?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm not qualified to assemble a poll and I'm posting this in Ask FC because the e-cig subforum is a deadzone.

I'm getting my first cart today (Brass Knuckles) and deciding between buying a battery or getting a pen with a concentrates atty for some future application.

I have a friend who doesn't like his Linx Hypnos and another friend who has a Puffco that works as a battery now but the atty broke.

I read through a bunch of top ten lists but they all looks like ad-blogger bullshit

florduh

I've tried a bunch of options over the past few years, and finally found something I'm thrilled with.

The Top Airflow Saionara by Humboldt Vape Tech. It uses a titanium bucket; no coils to deal with. It's the cleanest tasting and easiest to maintain option I've found. I Q-tip after every session, just like a nail. The top airflow basically makes this a mini-rig. I actually have no desire to use rigs anymore as this provides a very similar experience with less fuckery.

Since the ceramic donut heater is never in contact with the concentrate, the atomizers last a really long time. HVT makes a bunch of coiled atty's I've used over the years, but I rarely deal with them any more.

The buckets are just too easy. This is my primary ROA, and a great salve for my Vape Acquisition Syndrome.

z4BrAmE.jpg
z4BrAmE.jpg

florduh

I am thinking real hard about the Top Airflow Saionara by Humboldt Vape Tech.

Are there any discounts anywhere for it?

Best price I have is $50 on eBay.

At this point I would look at the r/waxpen and r/saionara subreddits in the coming days. HVT usually has a decent 4/20 sale.

It looks like buying straight from HVT, the TAF Sai is $45.
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-vaporizer-wtop-air-flow-ti-bucket-coil-installed/

I'm pretty sure the coupon SAVE10% always works too.

I already had the original Sai, so the TAF upgrade only cost $25. Now you'll also need a Box Mod with temp control. But the nice thing about the Buckets is you don't need to dial the setting in perfectly to get a good hit. That's because the coil isn't in direct contact with your wax.

I just use Nickel mode, 30 watts, 360-420 degrees.

EasyPeasy.

florduh

Thanks very much. I am at their web site now. Yep, the save10% coupon worked but I might wait for a 420 coupon.

Thanks again.

Cooool man. Hopefully they put up a decent sale this year. After you get it let me know if you need any help. The only "con" to something like the Sai is setting up the box mod. But it really isn't that difficult. I'm fastidious about keeping my shit clean, but even if you aren't I recommend stocking up on Q-Tips. 'Tippin the bucket between loads will keep it tasting nice and fresh.

I bought their bubbler as well, but honestly I find it comfortable enough using the regular TAF cap with the airflow about halfway open.

With the setting I use, it gets up to operating temp in 3 seconds.

My only quibble with the thing is the desire for other bucket types. They originally came with a quartz bucket, but there were some issues with the heat transfer. SiC would be really nice as well, but I wonder if heat transfer will be an issue with that as well.

In any case, the Titanium is plenty tasty. But a guy can dream.

florduh

Here's one on eBay for $40.. Is this the same thing as is on the Humboldt web site?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Humbolt-Vape-Tech-Saionara-Sai-Top-Airflow-510-Authentic-dab-wax-concentrate/282835097928?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Also, I believe the OP was looking for a pen and we dragged his thread into my needs. ;( Oops. Sorry bud.

That looks like the TAF Sai for sure? What was the total with shipping on the HVT site though? I've never had an issue ordering directly with them and they ship fast. If eBay is a significant savings though, that is the TAF Sai you're looking for.

And I dunno if we derailed the thread. @bossman said he was interested in a pen or atomizer. It's a little bigger than something like the Hypnos, but the TAF Sai is a solid option, even if it's bigger than a "pen". I think it's pretty discrete just cause it looks like an e-juice RDA.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's true that the Sai is off topic since it's a fit for a mod, albeit a small one. I was asking about pens but mainly to use with prefilled carts for extra stealth so I'm just gonna go with a cheap Evod battery for starters. The Sai sounds cool. I also have the DT 2.7 and 3 to get acquainted with and I'm new to concentrates so I'm guaranteed good already.

@florduh, do you prefer the Saionara to the ceramic DT attys?

florduh

It's true that the Sai is off topic since it's a fit for a mod, albeit a small one. I was asking about pens but mainly to use with prefilled carts for extra stealth so I'm just gonna go with a cheap Evod battery for starters. The Sai sounds cool. I also have the DT 2.7 and 3 to get acquainted with and I'm new to concentrates so I'm guaranteed good already.

@florduh, do you prefer the Saionara to the ceramic DT attys?

I do prefer the Sai to the the DT 2.7

I could MAYBE get slightly better tasting hits on the DT if I had everything dialed in perfectly, and I painted the donut. What I like about the TAF Sai is, I just drop a little ball of shatter into the bucket... and in a few seconds I got a huge hit that tastes, to me at least, as good as a donut.

And it's just easier to maintain and keep clean. The DT required too much "fiddling" for me. The Sai just works.

BTW, do you live in Cali by any chance? I started using the Stiiizy brand's prefill's. They're the best pre-filled vape pens I've tried. Can get a near "dab-like" hit off of them. I generally use them outside the house... TAF Sai at home.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I do prefer the Sai to the the DT 2.7

... BTW, do you live in Cali by any chance? I started using the Stiiizy brand's prefill's.

Cool, nudge me so I don't miss the sale. No reason not to be really refined in my half assed concentrate use.

Naw, I'm in DC. Stiizy is a ill brand name.

bossman,
Reactions: florduh
Top Bottom