Went camping for 3 days with 3 vaporizers....a small report

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
As a disclaimer, this isn't really camping so much as it is moving a lot of stuff into a motorhome, driving somewhere (in this case Birds Hill Park in Manitoba), unpacking everything, lighting a fire and relaxing for three days. Until we get comfortable driving the motorhome, it's only going to be short jaunts so we don't kill anyone :)

We got set up around 5 pm on thursday and had about 10 acres to ourselves because no one was there until friday 3pm ish. Here's the scoop on how I used the vaporizers.

-The Launch Box; used this first on Thursday and throughout 3 days camping. No problem to use in very windy conditions. Took it when walking the dogs. A little bit problematic keeping the fresh batteries separate from the used batteries even though I do have a good storage case. It was also annoying recharging the batteries. Used exclusively around the fire.

-The Iolite; I used this when I couldn't find fresh batteries, but was hesitant to use around the fire (odd, but I am normally not careful around fire), and didn't want to refill it near the fire either. I suspect that my girlfriend hid the butane so that I would not throw it into the fire. Was *very* nice walking with the Iolite when it got cold at night. A useful hand warmer.

-The Extreme .v3 I didn't think I would use bags while camping, but I did. Next to using the Extreme/whip bags gave the best taste and I found myself wishing I could haul the Extreme outside (I could but it looks a little bit too paraphenalia like).

As far as night time use went I have no preference. For day time use I do not like using either the Launch Box or Iolite. I find that they generate too much heat; even in 84F weather this was a turnoff for me. I actually found myself going back in the motorhome to hit the whip on the Extreme.

In conclusion I found no preference for either of the vapes while camping, each possessing some drawbacks. This does not reflect in city/house use.

Although not released yet, I think that the VapeXhale would prove cool temperature wise while using outside on a hot day.

Tom

tdavie,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Nice report!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Great report.

I use a sharpie to mark the ends of the plastic battery cases with a + and - sign on each end. If battery is charged it goes + to +. When spent I put in case the other direction so I can easily see which are charged.

Lo,
Top Bottom