weedbox tv

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Just a heads up - Weedbox tv is a brand new private Roku channel that's looking for content. It NEEDS content, in fact. Wouldn't it be great if there could be a sort of tie in with FC - perhaps a sub vaporization channel - utilizing what already happens here, such as Vito's great videos?

http://weedbox.tv/
https://twitter.com/#!/WeedBoxTV

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Supposedly content will be added this weekend - as of yesterday the channel menus were basically markers with the exception of an interesting documentary from Canada about cannabis and disease control using hemp oil.

Roku is fantastic, if you're not familiar - and the fun first begins when you discover all the interesting "private" channels that are available. If you're into film noir or ephemeral films, there's this one channel that I love called "Pub D Hub." It's $2 a year for their "gold" package and it's your best entertainment value in my opinion. Streaming is the future and will soon change how we watch TV.

I see a potential organic relationship with FC and weedbox and this could really serve the community in a way that's not been done before.

jeffp,

turk

turk
...the potential is limitless...good thread jeffp.....hell I signed up.

turk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
the channel is beginning to blossom - I check it out on Roku as I'm channel surfing and I've watched a few great clips and documentaries and i know that they are looking for content. I've mentioned FC to the channel creator and he said he's aware of our forum and that there's an interest. With all of the amazing video clips that's been created on our behalf I think FC on TV as a subchannel within WeedBox to introduce vaporizing as a concept to the TV watching mainstream is viable and something to somehow put our attention on.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I can only find videos about google developer stuff on that site. :\

The videos are on the actual Roku channel - there's about 20 now, mostly documentaries which are available to watch elsewhere plus some fun vintage movies like Reefer Madness and scare commercials and short features, etc. I saw one new clip in the "cooking" sub channel.

jeffp,

ledzepploid

Thanks, but how do you get to the Roku channel? I can click on the cooking, extractions, grow room links etc on the left, but the videos shown are just google developer vids.

ledzepploid,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You need to go to your Roku account on your computer and click the link to add a private channel. Here's a great site that actively compiles private channels - from there search WeedBox and you will see the code. Either there will be a direct link with the code or you will need to copy the code and then paste it into your account. From there go to your TV and switch to Roku and go to the Channel Store. When you exit the Channel Store new channels are automatically updated and you will see it while navigating left on your remote.
http://www.catastrophegirl.com/rokuchannellist.htm

**edit**
here it is directly
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/2012/05/weedbox-tv.html

jeffp,

ledzepploid

Unfortunately I don't have Roku or a tv capable of streaming. I actually thought Roku was the nick name of a bloke uploading stoner videos onto the internet.

I shall now leave this thread and take my stupidity with me. Thanks for taking the time to type out a guide for me though, perhaps others may find it useful.

ledzepploid,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Any TV is capable of viewing Roku content - the streaming comes from the Roku device - it picks it up either via wireless or direct ethernet through your router. Basically it's a little box about the size of a hockey puck - the cheapest Roku is about $50 with less features such as games and HDMI port, etc., that are available with the more expensive units. I personally think that this is the greatest thing since bottled ketchup. I returned my cable TV box - this is an upgrade to cable tv in my opinion and most of the available content is free.

jeffp,

Nick Mellis

I just wish the code would work. I can't access their site to warn them of the problem. Any work around?

Nick Mellis,
Top Bottom