Weed Wars

Smokey

Cloud Master
Nice!! I hope to be able to grab it somewhere so I can watch it here too!

Smokey,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
This looks great. Can't wait for it :) will give me something to watch over X-mas break (hopefully with the new cloud :rolleyes: )

Elluzion,

BillieBudd

I could see this as a fascinating one time documentary but I can't but help feeling that this will end up like similar series...they will showcase some kookie stoners...conjure some conflict between principals, create some drama as the DEA threatens to move on them...I hope I am wrong, but real life is rather dull and does not fit into 1/2 hour time slots..I will however, check it out, as I hope we all will...

BillieBudd,

vape4health

BillieBudd said:
I could see this as a fascinating one time documentary but I can't but help feeling that this will end up like similar series...they will showcase some kookie stoners...

I watched last night, I hope that was all hollywood trickery that made them guys come off as total stoners. I don't intend to offend anyone, sorry if I do, to people in TV land these guys are representing the MMJ community, I was expecting more business type guys but the show portrayed them as your stereotypical burn out stoner. I hope its just the show trying to make them look bad to get ratings or whatever.

vape4health,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I watched last night. I mean I don't mind a little counter-culture now and again, but c'mon.... a grown man that not only wears dresses all the time, but changed his name to "Wedding Dress"?? :lol:

Stu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I must say that I was underwhelmed by this showing last night as well. Sure from the business side, it looked like a hardworking legitimate business. But from the other aspect, these guys weren't exactly the best businessmen. Some of the hired help trying to get into the biz as well - :rolleyes:

In all honestly, I dont think this helps with the legitimization of the movement. The helping people aspect - Absolutely. But there was very little of this and most of the show revolved around how they got 'screwed'. It *almost* felt like a plight for pity, but at the same time I can understand (some) of the perspective of the councilfolk. At least they were given the options that enabled them to stay in business.

Ill be interested in what future shows have to portray.

AGBeer,
Hey new to the forum, hows it going? I watched Weed Wars after stumbling upon your forum searching about changing Canadian drug laws. Just got something about Holland's laws, lol.

I enjoyed it, and thought the guys were just goofy stoners. Who were trying to run a not for profit organization and got screwed by taxes however, I don't buy for a second that it wasn't political, perhaps social as well.

Overall though, I do agree it doesn't portray that well to people who aren't goofy or regular potheads... sorry harmless potheads. (Harmless always comes before the word pothead.) Especially the bit about Dress... I mean whatever if that's how strongly he feels, and if that is how much he experimented with various other illicit drugs. Can't really ignore the possibility he's done a bunch of other shit, rather than sticking more closely to cannabis. Some hippies are crazy :p

Whats happening there though really pisses me off. Can't wait to see more.

Legalize-then-capitalize.,
Top Bottom