1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ways to vape hash (compressed kief)?

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by sokesleezy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. sokesleezy

sokesleezy New Member

I'm looking for a device or vape that will allow me to vape this without having to mix in flower to stop it from messing up the screen or falling through. Any ideas?

Something like the eagle bill vape seems like the best option so far.
  2. 2clicker

2clicker for your health

i think your best bet for vaping kief is a flower vape. i used to vape full bowls of kief in a few of my vapes (including my solo) and dont remember noticing the screen clogging prematurely...

a concentrate cart wont work like you want it to. it will gunk up the coil i would think. how pure is the kief? is it very refined (trich heads only?) or does it still have stalks and/or plant matter in it?

or you could turn the kief into oil.
  3. syrupy

syrupy reitcello - it's what's for breakfast

I think the question should be 'how do I vape kief'. Most oil vapes I've seen won't like kief unless it's extremely pure. It just gunks things up.

Any flower vape (I like the Solo and Nano) will work. If you don't want to sandwich it between flowers, you can put the kief in ss wool or organic cotton, to hold it. You can also do this with flame or butane powered vapes like Lotus or Hammer.
  4. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

I have also vaped pure bowls of kief in my solo with no mess, but that was in powder form and was not very refined, the entire spent bowl fell out in one block. With compressed kief you will need to break it up, the more surface area the better it will vape.
    If your hash is very refined, like bubble hash, you could dab it using a domeless nail with a ti screen.
    SSVUN~YAH and 2clicker like this.
  5. MikeInMiami

MikeInMiami Well-Known Member

I've used both my SSV and Herbie to vape keef in, and it's not much of a mess at all if you don't do it too frequently. But nothing a little ISO can't fix.
    SSVUN~YAH and 2clicker like this.
  6. NickDlow

NickDlow Active Member

I just received my new haze vaporizer and that was the first thing I vaped was compressed kief. I put it in the oil/wax reservoir with no wick and it vaped. And making the surface area larger is a good point too. The reservoirs I'm talking about have a rubber lid so no mess I suggest u give it a look. Also it's lasts for a good amount of time too
    sokesleezy and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. trevorzamani

trevorzamani Active Member

Nick...you beat me to it...i was going to mention Haze Vaporizer for the concentrates.
    sokesleezy likes this.
  8. Bezerkben

Bezerkben Member

when you say you vape it with the solo, do you pack the stem full up and vape it over a couple of sessions? any chance you can go in to more detail?
  9. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I like vaping loose kief with the sublimator, but if I have compressed kief or hash I want to fluff it up with a little heat for best results. Whether it's mixed with flowers or vaped straight, it works much better if it's fluffed up first, it's like grinding herb it adds airflow for better convective heat penetration.
    215z likes this.
  10. sokesleezy

sokesleezy New Member

The Haze vaporizer sounds like its exactly what im looking for.
    Thanks guys.

I'll keep this in mind!
    215z likes this.
  11. NickDlow

NickDlow Active Member

Good to hear. If u grab that be sure to post ur review on the haze thread. Also go check it out me and some others posted our experience and a few little techniques. I have no doubt that u will be as happy as the rest of us. Good luck bro

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors