Water Based Attachments and Efficient Herb Use

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm a nube when it comes to water based attachments for my Solo and MFLB. I simply haven't found a need for them. When I'm out and about it's the MFLB in native form and when home it's the Solo. In each case what came with the vape is all I've needed/used.

What are the reasons for the water based attachments and if I were to use one would I have to give up any efficiency in how much herb is used?

In other words ... If the reason for the attachment is to cool the vapor to eliminate harshness and dryness will I end up using more herb in the process? I love the fact that since moving to vapes I get probably 50% to 66% more highs from the same amount than when I com-busted. I'd hate to see that efficiency decrease unless I was getting something in return.

What say ye FC?

killick

But I like it!
Howdy - water is fairly new to me as well. I picked up my first bubbler a few months back, mainly due to an inability to use higher temps. I find it great - I can run through the higher temps and my abv is much darker. I'd be willing to bet that, if I was tracking my usage, i use less with water. Or, perhaps more appropriate, I get more out of the same amount of herb cause I use more of it. I really enjoy my INH and HI through water, and even the EQ goes through water at temp now. Get a cheapie and give it a shot :)

Ifeejulah Vapor

:science::science::science:
I'm a nube when it comes to water based attachments for my Solo and MFLB. I simply haven't found a need for them. When I'm out and about it's the MFLB in native form and when home it's the Solo. In each case what came with the vape is all I've needed/used.

What are the reasons for the water based attachments and if I were to use one would I have to give up any efficiency in how much herb is used?

In other words ... If the reason for the attachment is to cool the vapor to eliminate harshness and dryness will I end up using more herb in the process? I love the fact that since moving to vapes I get probably 50% to 66% more highs from the same amount than when I com-busted. I'd hate to see that efficiency decrease unless I was getting something in return.

What say ye FC?
Hey man!

I think anyone who loves getting high, needs to grab a water attachment! Dont have to use it every session but its great to have it for variety

I like it becuase i can take a bigger hit. 2 bong rips can can me justt as high as a whole 12 minute session with a stem...so i think it can even be more efficient.

If you like sipping and flavor only your doing it right. If you want the occassional lung busting bigger/cooler hit then deff go grab some glass!

Also seeing the vapor is great.

if you have a sore throat youll grab for your bubbler over a stem no doubtt

Im ripping a D020 with my UD right now so idk if this is making sense :ko:

Anywayz...i use both dry stems and watertools. When i want different things if you can afford a nice watter attachment, its great for the collection :science:

His_Highness

I don't know where I got the idea that I'd be losing something to the filtering effect of the water...but you folks have me thinking I'm missing out.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Positives:

-Adds moisture to vapor

-Cools vapor/heats vapor - Depending on water temperature

-Filters fine debris that would otherwise end up in your mouth/throat

-Adds to the vaping experience - there is something tranquil about watching and listening to bubbles dance around with vapor - I used water pipes when I combusted and it would fly through flowers (and stink), with vapor you can get mega amount of hits and your glass barely gets dirty.

-With glass you can see the vapor before it hits your lungs - this allows you to adjust your heater for more/less vapor and judge when your material is spent.

-Water helps regulate and control your draw. With a straight whip I have trouble keeping a steady pace and find myself drawing too fast because there is no resistance.

-Without a water pipe, I can't get my ABV very dark with convection vapes.

Cons:

-Nice glass is $$$

-Easily breakable

-Adds to maintenance, keeping another device clean

-if you enjoy using glass you risk getting addicted and developing GAS (glass acquisition syndrome). Which the only cure is VAS (vaporizer acquisition syndrome). You have been warned, :D

killick

But I like it!
Ya know what? If'n yer bored you could make one. I remember a guy in high school scooped an eyewash station from one of the shop classes and turned that into a parking lot waterpipe. You could whip something together and give 'er a shot with stuff around the house. Heck - a green pepper and a couple of carrots would give you a start, and the salad later in the day would be pretty darn zesty!

Click here for fun ideas!

His_Highness

Ya know what? If'n yer bored you could make one.

Excellent Idea! Thx!!! I'm not the handiest guy on earth but with 4 decades of gettin happy under my belt I've built a bong or two or twenty. :science:

And I've built up a nice collection of parts over the years. It probably won't be glass since plastic is so much easier to work with but it'll definitely give me the experience I'm looking for. It'll also give me something to do with those silicon rings that came with the Solo. If I like the experience, and I'm sure I will since you cumbustion fuckers have never steered me wrong, I'll scour the Solo thread for some glass bubblers.

His_Highness

Mods...the edit button wasn't available so I'm double posting......

I created two bongs and both worked perfectly with the Solo. Both were see-through/clear and air tight. Here's my favorite:

BTcqoFv.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

It was great being able to see the vapor clouds bubbling up and the taste was smooth, moister and cooler. Still...I'm not sure this is for me. I cranked it up to level 5 and 6 to chase the clouds and was not disappointed but I went through two bowls where I normally would have only needed one. I think I'll still order some glass for special occasions though. So....I'm off to the Solo thread to look for glass bubblers.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
You might have a bit too much head pressure in there. The newer WTs tend to have 12 or more arms coming into the water, and if you go too high the water comes in the mouthpiece. Try getting rid of some water, til it's maybe an inch or two over your inlet, and see if thats any different. Great first try :)

hafalump

I love that vaping has me down to one third of my burn useage.
Also water bong with combustion would plow through material.
I could go through 3.5 a day with a bong. I don't notice an increase
in consumption in vapage through water like burning.

Top Bottom