Watched threads - Why are they automatically switched off after a few days?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Hi,

may be this question has been answered somewhere but I couldnt find the answer.

For all my watched threads function of notification is only running a few days, may be max. 10. Then I'm getting no notification anymore and have to unwatched this threads and activate watched threads function again. This is pretty annoyingly.
Is it a programming error or what is the reason for this behaviour?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@Hogni - it seems that if you don't visit your watched threads, then you don't get notified anymore ... the forum software assumes you don't care. or maybe it has to do with the number of new posts in the watched thread - a trigger count that disables the alerts ... view it or lose it.

just like so much of life, i.e. use it or lose it.

Last edited:

Hogni

Hi Hippie, thx but I dont think so. Therefor I have the function "watched threads", getting notified when there are new posts. Why should I look into such a thread when there seems to be no new post? Dont makes sense IMHO.

There are no much posts after my last opening of a thread. I'm looking 2-3x a day for new posts.

Seems to have another reason....

Hogni,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
when you click on "watched threads" at the top of the page it only shows "unread" watched threads to start (at the bottom of the page you can click on 'show all watched threads' to see what threads you currently watch), if there are no new posts on any threads you watch you will get no alerts and nothing will show up on the first page that comes up when you click on watched threads.

if you don't go to a thread when you get an "Alert" of a new post you will not get any more alerts for that thread until after you go read that thread, after that you will get an alert for the first post posted since you were last in that thread but you will not get an alert for every post after that until you go read that thread again.

You don't get alerts unless there is activity in a "watched thread".

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Hogni

@RUDE BOY: Thx, I know this but it doesn't state the issue. I only mean switched off alerts-notification. After a few days new posts will not be shown there anymore wether or not I have watched last posts of a watched thread by the alerts-function. Notification has just stopped!? So I have to look into 'show all watched threads' to see which one has news or not. But I want my lost auto-alerts-function and not this hazzle

Hogni,
Top Bottom