Wahhh Help ..Dry ice hash to concentrate

witka

Fair enough brother, well done on your work so far all the same! :)

i'm pretty happy with it, slept like a log last night with no other sleep aids, great pain relief, even rubbed some on my leg and it helped...my dry nose is better.

Only downside is the slight discomfort which last for 5 mins after administering, I assume due to cannabis is the nasal cavity being a foreign substance (i'm sure snorting coke feels weird too)..

I need advise on the next time I make it tho,
Would you recommend making a concentrate first (DIH,Bubble, iso etc)

or just making it like you would cannabutter Decarb flowr/mix/strain

herbivore21

i'm pretty happy with it, slept like a log last night with no other sleep aids, great pain relief, even rubbed some on my leg and it helped...my dry nose is better.

Only downside is the slight discomfort which last for 5 mins after administering, I assume due to cannabis is the nasal cavity being a foreign substance (i'm sure snorting coke feels weird too)..

I need advise on the next time I make it tho,
Would you recommend making a concentrate first (DIH,Bubble, iso etc)

or just making it like you would cannabutter Decarb flowr/mix/strain
I do recommend a concentrate to start with if it is a bit irritating to the nose. I actually wonder if terpenes straight into the nose is a problem and whether a winterized solvent extract will actually be best? This will give you less terps, more cannabinoids and sub-micron filtration will remove any nose-irritating particulates and removing the waxes and fats means you can keep the spray limited to non-nasal irritating actives and the sesame oil carrier only. However, I do not recommend working with solvents for the uninitiated broadly speaking. Have you ever worked with solvents before?

herbivore21,

witka

i've done qwiso, but i'd like to stay away from them.

@herbivore21 Ok so it seems like the oil is a little thick sometimes to spray, rather it shoots into the nose..and sometimes dribbles back out the nose... What do you think i could bind it with to make it a bit thinner

Last edited by a moderator:
witka,

witka

@herbivore21 Ok so it seems like the oil is a little thick sometimes to spray, rather it shoots into the nose..and sometimes dribbles back out the nose... What do you think i could bind it with to make it a bit thinner

hmm so i tried adding water and lecithin to my smaller mixture... seems to thin it out... I might have to make another batch more concentrated and add that to it..
yaay science

herbivore21

hmm so i tried adding water and lecithin to my smaller mixture... seems to thin it out... I might have to make another batch more concentrated and add that to it..
yaay science
Great stuff man! Sounds like you resolved the problem :) I gotta check this out, I just need to make some lower terpene containing stuff than my usual dabs because I know that shit is gonna kill my nostrils if I spray it up there lol. The Beta Caryophyllene has gotta be off the charts in my current full melt bubble, there is such a strong peppery taste/smell! I would imagine spraying an aqueous solution of that up one's nose would cause some real irritation lol

For dabbing, up to 25% total concentration of terpenes only adds to user enjoyment IME/IMO. For spraying up your nose, not so much (I mean that most literally where total terp concentration is concerned!).

herbivore21,

witka

Great stuff man! Sounds like you resolved the problem :) I gotta check this out, I just need to make some lower terpene containing stuff than my usual dabs because I know that shit is gonna kill my nostrils if I spray it up there lol. The Beta Caryophyllene has gotta be off the charts in my current full melt bubble, there is such a strong peppery taste/smell! I would imagine spraying an aqueous solution of that up one's nose would cause some real irritation lol

For dabbing, up to 25% total concentration of terpenes only adds to user enjoyment IME/IMO. For spraying up your nose, not so much (I mean that most literally where total terp concentration is concerned!).

Yah I dont know what i'm going to do. i live in a small apartment with nosey neighbours and a boyfriend who hates pot.. I would love a rosin press but i dont have space for it..

I think dry ice or ethanol is probably my 2 choices, i don't dab so 'pure quality' isn't as important
I'm going to ttry my next batch with liquid sunflower lecithin rather then powdered.. maybe less irritation in the nosey

Also i use a higher cbd less thc like 9/5 so terps are probably less anyways

witka,

witka

9JG62XX.jpg

m2pmsxr.jpg
@herbivore21 So after all that talk, my next order was small.. i got 5g of 24thc laconfidential.. I decided to turn into coconut oil bullets for either under the tongue or supposiitory

and 10g of Hurkle (9cbd 5thc) which tomorrow i will do the same but in sesame oil to try the nasal spray, gunna try liquid sunflower lecithin

I just did the boring decarb in a mason jar , mix and strain.. cheap and easy

Also could be rubbed directly onto a sore spot :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom