Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

gak hater

jcw919 said:
hey gak hater can we hear some of your first impressions?
sorry i missed this plus i have been away
from home the past week and have been super busy

well i first used it with 2 friends,
it left a :cool: impression with them and me.
for 3 bowls it was kickin my ass for sure with some awesome hits :ko:
i don't own a big hitter vape until this one just a pd and a genie
so it was an eye opener for sure.
then unfortantly it wouldn't get hot enough to vape a bowl.
i looked at the silicon sleeve and it seemed like there was a crack
behind it.
when i took the sleeve off
the inner glass was broken
3.gif

i really don't know why it happened as it hadn't been dropped or abused in anyway
but i know when you are dealin with glass shit can happen.:mad:
anyway, i have been away at working the past week and i haven't the chance to send it back yet or even really be able to deal with it .
vrip is takin good care of me we have been in contact and hopefully in a few days i will be back at it again.:D
the reason it really sucks is
the damm thing worked so fuckin good.
i will say the the wt looks to be a nice thick piece of glass
and well made.
i will report back again once i get back to vrippin :ko:

gak hater,

gak hater

stonemonkey55 said:
Just wanted to show you guys something I did since a lot of people would like to use the VHW without the protective silicone sleeve. I cut a small piece and placed it into the top of the VCB. I pushed it in as tight as it would go and then vaped with the now silicone less VHW. The tip of the VHW doesn't get as close so you might have to turn up the heat a bit but I was getting very good vapors with it.

edit - I used a little more muscle and pushed the silicone further into the upper VCB and now the tip of the VHW is pretty close to where it should be. This is working beautifully!

By removing the sleeve you lower the thermal mass of the heating unit as well as make it more prone to breakage but there are some positives as well. You get to see the very detailed glass work that went into making this thing, and the silicone will now last much longer since it will only be heated when the VHW is in contact with the VCB.

If you do try this, you must be very careful when setting down your VHW as well as when you initially remove the silicone. I just wanted to re-iterate that while this technique works great, your VHW is more prone to breakage and it isn't super durable to begin with.

jcw - to answer your question, that is a matter of preference. I usually use a water tool that has a percolator as well as a lot of ice. The ice is the most important part for me tho but that is just my preference, some people prefer warmer vapes
that was close to what i was thinkin of doing
just the opposite :)
just cut a small piece off the sleeve to make a small ring around the
the end of the vhw

gak hater,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Eek, more bad news. My heater cover cracked from heat expansion. There is no possible way that the damage was caused by outside forces, because its on the inside of the marias (the rings). The unit still functions, but I'm afraid the crack is going to spread with more use. This glass is really, really thin. :/

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
SpiralArchitect said:
Eek, more bad news. My heater cover cracked from heat expansion. There is no possible way that the damage was caused by outside forces, because its on the inside of the marias (the rings). The unit still functions, but I'm afraid the crack is going to spread with more use. This glass is really, really thin. :/
yup, thats whats been happening with mine

Acolyte of Zinglon,

whereami

Ouch, do you think the cracking is from the heater getting too hot, or the thin glass, maybe both? I thought the types of glass used in the industry were resistant to this stuff.

whereami,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Personally, mine has never cracked from heat expansion, etc etc. Not saying that's what did/did not happen with Spiral's unit, just saying from my personal experience.

What I did notice is when some people remove the silicone sleeve, they will push down with their thumbs in the middle area (and pull up on the silicone) and inadvertently break the inner sleeve in the process. Once they get the silicone off, mysteriously a crack had appeared. I've seen this happen a handful of times with people changing silicone sleeves, again, not saying this is what Spiral did, just saying what I've seen from experience.

Yes the glass is thin but is made of borosilicate and shouldn't crack from heat. They are put through heat testing before they are sent out that goes far beyond what it should experience in daily vaping. Either way, we'll continue to look for ways to strengthen the inner sleeve without sacrificing warm up time.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
are all the piece annealed the right way ? cause when boro is bad or not annlead it can crack for no reason or with a really small shock , just the internal stress can make it broke . also whatch for the right fit between any male/femal parts cause heat expansion can make a the male piece bigger thans the femal part , in this case one or both piece can break .

also what do you guys talking about when you said the glass is thin ? thin like 1 mm or less ? cause tubing with 1mm wall are really hard to broke or crack just by presure , you need to hit it hard to broke it .

also there is a lot of brand of borosilicate , do you have any idea about which is use to make the vhw ? cause "imporeted" or "chinese" boro is crapy sometime and broke for no reason but good boro usualy dont

just trying to help ;)
:2c:

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
on my unit there are spots that are fused to the heating element, then there are cracks coming from those spots

im pretty sure it has to do with the heating because i would always hear little plinks from the glass as it cooled down, an the cracks were growing

Acolyte of Zinglon,

captainhits

Retailer
So glad I waited. I commend you beta testers. Can't wait till the kinks are all worked out!

captainhits,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
im pretty sure it has to do with the heating because i would always hear little plinks from the glass as it cooled down, an the cracks were growing
I noticed this too, small little crackling sounds... I thought it was trics melting, but now I'm not so sure.

Here are some pictures of what happened, as you can see, it's on the inside of the marias.... heat is really the only explanation.

kb3uoj.jpg

2ibguqg.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

gak hater

captainhits said:
So glad I waited. I commend you beta testers. Can't wait till the kinks are all worked out!
thats why i didn't get upset at all
i kinda knew this was an untried thing going in that hasn't been around very long
you at least need some time to see how long these things will last or hold up
or what the weakness's are to be able to make improvements towards a better product. i think vrip is dedicated to that by thier responce to me
i don't think my break came from pullin of the sleeve as i heard something was loose inside but couldn't see it blocked by the sleeve.
my unit also made those slight noises when it first heated up,
i thought it was just normal as many things make noises when you are warming them up.
maybe i let it get too hot by warming it up too long the first time i used it?
i have absolutly no complaints, hell when it happened vrip was on the phone with me asap
(from across the country)wanting to know what was exactly happening.
and stood behind thier product
no bullshit or games
how many places today would do that for ya?
i even ordered another vhw for a back up as those couple of times it did
work for me were totally awesome i figure even if they both die soon or not
at the worst case is i will get the upper bowl for a heat gun
and just get a gun so my wt will be used either way.
i doubt that will ever happen as i see the dedication vrip has towards thier product
and making it better..

gak hater,

NoSmoke

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
on my unit there are spots that are fused to the heating element, then there are cracks coming from those spots

Ive had the same cracking sound and its always when i cool the unit down, unit works fantastic, just cracks in the marias. I treat her so nicely also im pretty sure its due to heat. Good thing Vriptech customer service rocks or we'd be screwed. But i do think thicker glass for the marias is a MUST no matter the heat up time.

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey fellas, I'm gonna get this addressed with Mark and in the meantime, you guys can work your issues thru with me. Thanks for being understanding and just know that all your suggestions aren't falling on deaf years

If you have any other issues, just shoot me an email at info@vriptech.com

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
look like heat expansion IMO , I would say that heater cover is just too tight on the ceramic rod . it will grow till it totaly break :/ hell it's true it seem really super thin !!!! to improve it I think that the heater cover must be way more thick and the maria full , this will make the whole thing more solid

Clear_Dome,

NoSmoke

jcw919 said:
well im suddenly having second thoughts. put a hold on my order sm
With the way Vrip handles customer service I wouldn't worry, plus you can enjoy the wand until it gets upgraded. The decision of course is totally up to you.

NoSmoke,

gak hater

NoSmoke said:
jcw919 said:
well im suddenly having second thoughts. put a hold on my order sm
With the way Vrip handles customer service I wouldn't worry, plus you can enjoy the wand until it gets upgraded. The decision of course is totally up to you.
i second that,they have gone well beyond anything i ever expected :cool:
i just sent back my broken wand today and let them know that it was on the way
back to them
they replied that they just sent out a replacement :o
i never expected that and it speaks volumes about them.
thanks sm 55 !!!

gak hater,

jcw919

yeah it really does sound like they have fantastic customer service. Unfortunately due to other factors i decided that this wasnt the right one for me. Hopefully this will be in my collection in the future

jcw919,

captainwolf

I've heard the popping sound since the first week and I hear it when the heater is turned onto a higher setting. I need to look it over for cracks.
SM55 what do you recommend we do?

captainwolf,
Top Bottom