Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Shabang

So I got the poker tool/oil collector...I was wonderig how you use the oil collector?? Do you just slide it up the downstem? also, how do you smoke it when it's collected? do you use a regular lighter and wipe it on some herb or do you try and re vape the oil..?

also, what temp do yo guys have your wand set at? (which hash mark) mine is about on the third, sometimes between the 2nd and the 3rd hash mark...still getting the hang of this thing..sometimes the product getd darket in some spots than others when it's in the bowl...also I find that packing the screen down way below the 0 ring helps pack fatter but seems to give in uneven heat in certain spots, when i pack the screen above the o ring seems like its all gravy but i can only pack small bowls and the screen tends to move from time to time...

thanks

Shabang,

alexander

I just want to say thanks to mark and shadowvape for there excellent customer service skills and hooking me up with the VHW upgrade! I received my 3.0 vhw in the mail yesterday and couldnt be happier. The bro-form upgrade is an excellent idea, and so now i have one of every version VHW. Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

p.s I cant wait for the bubbler and the mini-007 kit to be available for purchase.;)

alexander,
Hey guys my unit is still on the fritz. Like I said, sometimes the unit will turn on and sometimes it won't when I plug it. It looks like everything is soldered right but honestly I can't remember how to take the board out :lol:

I haven't been worrying about since I broke my glass but I wouldn't mind get my wand working right again.

biojuggernaut,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys,

Im starting to get into the water pipe arena with my vapes and im loving it. Currently my VOC for water has been my DBV. Im thinking of making a move and grabbing the VHW 3.0 but I am getting so many mixed opinions. Im looking for any advice I can get. Lots of people are tellingto wait for the cloud but I am a little skeptical about it. Others tell me I might like the SSV better than my DBV and I dont see the real advantage of that decision. Please let me know what you all think.

:peace:

mvapes,

Hotboxvapebongin

I've never hit a cloud but I do own a VHW and have also used a SSV and DBV. Once you master the VHW which doesnt take long. I guarentee you will fall in love with it. the whole ritual of using the VHW is fun in itself. I get thick dense blue vapor rips and its the tastiest vapor can get. All glass air path! I recommend it fully but I also know the cloud will be great.

Hotboxvapebongin,
I would personally wait for the budtoaster. But alas if you cannot wait buy the VHW just do not break it before something else comes out like I did. bummer.

biojuggernaut,

Tritono

Hey :), I need to ask some questions about the VHW. I'll buy my first vaporizer. Im looking for the healthiest/cleanest vape available. I was decided for the LSV but that vape has the ceramic element exposed. I like the idea of a 100% all glass path. Questions:

- In order to use the VHW I need to buy the VHW and glass pipe, right? I dont have any bong or glass pipe so I think I would need to buy the VHW http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...e_Code=VR&Product_Code=VHWE&Category_Code=VHW and this http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=VR&Product_Code=VWT_I&Category_Code=VWT . Im ready to go with that or I need to consider other items?

- I have read that some users feel that the VHW give a hotter vapor than other vapes getting a slighty more irritating experience. What do you think? its very important for me dont irrate my vocal cords or throat because I sing.

- I have read that some people dont liked a silicone piece in the glass pipe. What about that?

- How efficient is the VHW? would it work perfectly with small amounts? (for two or three hits)

- How do you think the VHW would compare to the LSV?

- Do you recommend the VHW? are you happy with your VHW experience? do you think that in the market today are better alternatives available than the VHW?

Thanks for the information. Like I said, its important to me to get a healthy/clean air/heath path. I dont like the fragility of this vaporizer but if is needed in order to get a great healthy vape I can live with that. :)

Tritono,
Reactions: Alexis

max

Out to lunch
mvapes said:
Lots of people are tellingto wait for the cloud but I am a little skeptical about it.
I don't know what aspect you're skeptical about, but having used a beta version, and knowing sm, I'm sold. Also don't forget that sm has owned or used all the best water filtration vapes and his goal was to improve on them with the Cloud. He's very familiar with the VHW and its development, so you can rest assured that the Cloud will be an upgrade. OTOH the VHW is an excellent product and available for under $200.

Others tell me I might like the SSV better than my DBV and I dont see the real advantage of that decision.
If you're using with filtration, I don't think you'd see much difference.

max,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
arf777 said:
In my opinion, you should definitely follow the instructions - found I'd been putting too little material in the VCB for a long time, went back to the amount recommended in the directions, immediately made a difference.

Another trick - in my experience, until your screens get 'seasoned' a bit, there may be too much airflow. Either control that manually, or if you can't do that (hard to do with some types of percs & some downstems) then put a bit of paper towel in the VCB lower stem to obstruct air flow. More time the heated air has in contact with the material, the thicker the vapor. That's my :2c:, at least.

what is the amount recommended in the instructions?

notmyrealUSERname,

Shabang

hey everybody...so today I noticed my wand has a crack in it :( ...i didn't drop it and have treated this thing like a freakin' baby.. lol ... It's cracked at the core too not the glass cover...I've owned this wand for maybe a few days over a month and have grown to love it..I have sent out the emails and I'm hoping vriptech can take care of this for me..I'm pretty sure this is a defect because I didn't do anything to cause the core glass to crack in any way (looks like the tip cracked from heat?) Just want to exchange it, not return it.. please help me :(

Shabang,

Vsurf500

Tritono said:
- In order to use the VHW I need to buy the VHW and glass pipe, right? I dont have any bong or glass pipe so I think I would need to buy the VHW http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...e_Code=VR&Product_Code=VHWE&Category_Code=VHW and this http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=VR&Product_Code=VWT_I&Category_Code=VWT . Im ready to go with that or I need to consider other items?

-not just the VHW and glass pipe, but you also need the special bowl that the VHW plugs into (Vaporization Chamber Bowl with shorty upper intake for the VHW Vaporization Heat Wand) and the specific stem to mate it with your type of glass pipe Your link text

Vsurf500,

Vsurf500

max said:
mvapes said:
Lots of people are tellingto wait for the cloud but I am a little skeptical about it.
I don't know what aspect you're skeptical about, but having used a beta version, and knowing sm, I'm sold. Also don't forget that sm has owned or used all the best water filtration vapes and his goal was to improve on them with the Cloud. He's very familiar with the VHW and its development, so you can rest assured that the Cloud will be an upgrade. OTOH the VHW is an excellent product and available for under $200.

I'm trying to decide which would be the best to buy and my problem with the Cloud (besides the fact that it can't be bought currently) is that it is optimized to be used with their special bong that has the hole in the bottom. I like to use ice and that means ice will be melting and whether I periodically drain it or accidentally forget about it there will be meltwater going through that bottom hole.

Of course you can also turn the Cloud upside down and use it with a normal bong but then whats the point of choosing it over the Vrip Heat Wand?

Vsurf500,
Tritono said:
Hey :), I need to ask some questions about the VHW. I'll buy my first vaporizer. Im looking for the healthiest/cleanest vape available. I was decided for the LSV but that vape has the ceramic element exposed. I like the idea of a 100% all glass path. Questions:

You will need - a glass (water) pipe of some kind, and the vaporization chamber bowl (make sure you get the right size). I would recommend the stand, it allows the wand to heat up quickly and retain heat, and keeps it relatively safe if used correctly.

- I have read that some users feel that the VHW give a hotter vapor than other vapes getting a slighty more irritating experience. What do you think? its very important for me dont irrate my vocal cords or throat because I sing.
I use it with ice in the chamber, and if used correctly you feel absolutely no irritation.

- I have read that some people dont liked a silicone piece in the glass pipe. What about that?
The silicon is necessary to get a really tight fit. It in no way compromises the taste. If you keep the wand heated at full-blast all the time (not recommended), then the silicon ring can crack, because silicon expands a lot when it gets warm. I have been using the same ring for at least 7 months, and if yours ever cracks vrip will send you a bunch of extra rings for free.

- How efficient is the VHW? would it work perfectly with small amounts? (for two or three hits)
You just need enough the cover the screen completely to achieve a thick hit. I usually pack enough for 4-5 hits, and if it's too much I just stop vaping and come back to the bowl later... maybe mix it up and sprinkle a little fresh on top.

- How do you think the VHW would compare to the LSV?
Can't comment as I've never used the LSV.

- Do you recommend the VHW? are you happy with your VHW experience? do you think that in the market today are better alternatives available than the VHW?
I would buy the VHW again. I considered waiting for the cloud, but that was nearly a year ago and the benefits I have seen from the VHW have been incredible. I have completely phased smoking out of my daily life (over the course of about 6 months), and now exclusively use a combination of VHW and ABV cookies. I still smoke socially on a rare occasion, but have found that this allows me to stay medicated for less money, with essentially zero side effects.

Thanks for the information. Like I said, its important to me to get a healthy/clean air/heath path. I dont like the fragility of this vaporizer but if is needed in order to get a great healthy vape I can live with that. :)

Just some background, I bought the VHW about 10 months ago, and couldn't be happier. First off, if you save the 'trash' ABV and make cookies, you are looking at about a 300% increase in efficiency over smoking. This thing paid for itself in the first month of use for me.

I did break the glass cover once in the very beginning, but it was really just carelessness and I haven't made the same mistake again. Since then have taken very good care of it, and no accidents to speak of.

As far as comparable vaporizers, I only own a MFLB. I find it too harsh to use regularly, but most people swear by it as a travel companion.

I've also kept a close eye on the Zap and the Cloud. I will probably buy a zap, eventually, for the durability and coolness of fancy wood. I don't think it will replace my VHW but they should complement each other nicely. I look at the cloud as a new and improved VHW that is more expensive... and untested. The VHW is on version 3.0 which means it's stable as a rock.

I would also recommend using it (and any plug-in vaporizer) with a surge protector and a timer for safety's sake. I posted a review of the timer I use a while ago.

Anyway I felt that the VHW deserved a thorough review and it's been a while since I posted. :2c:

WakeAndVake,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Vsurf500 said:
max said:
mvapes said:

I'm trying to decide which would be the best to buy and my problem with the Cloud (besides the fact that it can't be bought currently) is that it is optimized to be used with their special bong that has the hole in the bottom. I like to use ice and that means ice will be melting and whether I periodically drain it or accidentally forget about it there will be meltwater going through that bottom hole.

Of course you can also turn the Cloud upside down and use it with a normal bong but then whats the point of choosing it over the Vrip Heat Wand?

The cloud has a different heat system from what I read and most of the beta testers say it takes a bit less fiddling around to get a great hit than other similar vapes (LSV, VHW). Take those statements with a grain of salt, but I think the HUGE advantage the cloud has over the VHW is the way it is made and fragility of the HW compared to the cloud. As well as the way you pack it and everything, the cloud just personally appeals to me more.

I also enjoy the fact with the cloud all I will need is a 18-14mm reducer adapter to use it with any piece of glass I have! Less glass parts to mess with and break!

WakeandVape said:
I've also kept a close eye on the Zap and the Cloud. I will probably buy a zap, eventually, for the durability and coolness of fancy wood. I don't think it will replace my VHW but they should complement each other nicely. I look at the cloud as a new and improved VHW that is more expensive... and untested. The VHW is on version 3.0 which means it's stable as a rock.

Be careful calling the cloud "untested" though! As there are many users of this forum who have beta tested MULTIPLE versions of the cloud, I believe its on its 2nd to 3rd iteration, including a brand new heating system that was put in fairly recently from what I have heard (in the last 6 months). This is the main reason the cloud has seen so many delays. because of the TESTING!

The VHW is tried and true though and has been proven by many members to be one of the top vapes available.

MarcellusWiley,
After I wrote that I reconsidered writing "untested". What I meant was that it hasn't been tested on a wide scale yet, since it hasn't been released to the public. :uhoh:

WakeAndVake,

Shabang

Shabang said:
hey everybody...so today I noticed my wand has a crack in it :( ...i didn't drop it and have treated this thing like a freakin' baby.. lol ... It's cracked at the core too not the glass cover...I've owned this wand for maybe a few days over a month and have grown to love it..I have sent out the emails and I'm hoping vriptech can take care of this for me..I'm pretty sure this is a defect because I didn't do anything to cause the core glass to crack in any way (looks like the tip cracked from heat?) Just want to exchange it, not return it.. please help me :(

UPDATE: got an email back from shadowvape at vriptech saying he'll totally take care of me! Great news, very happy with vriptech's customer service...they really are top notch with the customer service~! :)

Shabang,

vapor 4 life

Love my vhw but have not been able to use it for weeks because the stupid rubber or latex tip cracked off from heat . i emailed the vrip guys at info@vrip.com a month ago and shadowvape two weeks ago and still no replacement. I am tired of using my volcano. Any ideas what kind of tubing they use. I need to source it locally. They should include extras when you buy the wand because they all crack eventually. I miss my VHW!!! Help

vapor 4 life,

scottio19

scotty
nr-cole said:
So what's it take to get started with one of these? Randy at puffitup.com carries just the wand for $165, and with the FC discount I've never used I could get that down to $140. But then you need the bowl and stem for another $60 straight from V-tech? Is there a cheaper option to make up your own bowl?

I am wondering about this. On puffitup.com, there is nothing saying what version of the wand I will be getting. I just see a picture of what looks to me like an old model.

I want to believe it is the 3.0, because puffitup is one of the bigger retailers and they always seem up to date.

regarding the bowl question, I remember lurking in some earlier pages where people were talking about fitting a quarter into their bowls to see if it fits (a quarter apparently has the same diameter as the vriptech silicone seal or something along those lines). then you could just stick the vhw into your own bowl. a whole lot simpler if you ask me! I think another reason Blazemaster's bowls appeal so much is they are one piece. The vcb bowl just adds another piece to the entire setup imo

Edit: To clear things up they did sell the 3.0 version and I ordered one.

scottio19,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
You just need enough the cover the screen completely to achieve a thick hit. I usually pack enough for 4-5 hits, and if it's too much I just stop vaping and come back to the bowl later... maybe mix it up and sprinkle a little fresh on top.

Is it possible for someone to weigh out their typical load? I would really like to know what it would be in grams. I understand that by covering the screen you should get good rips - but that holds true fir almost every vape on the market, however, every vape requires a different amount to be effective - for example, pd - 0.05g's, ha - 0.1g, ssv - 0.3G, volcano - 0.4g+, etc.

I have read the instructions posted on the vriptech website but they don't state a typical wieght. Thanks for any help.

notmyrealUSERname,
Typically .1g.

You can get good pulls in the range of about .05g to .3g.

.05g with a little kief on top works beautifully.

WakeAndVake,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The VHW isn't really designed for small loads. It's a ripper, and when you pack a bowl you need to fill the bottom of the screen well, with enough extra that when moisture is pulled out, the screen is still fully covered... if that makes sense. Herb shrinks down in all vapes, and you want to keep the screen fully covered even after moisture is pulled and herb shrunk IMO.

Blazemaster AKA BM may still make forum members custom VHW bowls that are beautiful, and less expensive then the upper and lower needed from the VHW site. Not sure if BM is around these days, great guy, but sometimes is doing his own thing and may or may not be interested in currently making custom bowls.

But, the bowls VHW makes, are what you need for best performance. Enough said. Oh, and the screen stays in a hell of a lot better, and will be slightly more efficient with less herb getting sucked thru.

*edit: Notrealusername: You have SSV experience? I'd say about 15% to 20% more then the amount needed in the SSV would meet the minimum standards for optimal performance i guess. I don't weigh my loads often, don't give a shit but id guess at least 0.15 to .2g's IMO. Less can be used, at the expense of best performance.

IAmKrazy2,

scottio19

scotty
I gave in and finally ordered the 3.0 from Randy at puffitup (yes, they have the newest version I asked in my order) and am very excited. Would have gone with the supreme vaporizer if it was cheaper and didn't require a torch to be bought seperately.

I hope this wows my friends as much as my volcano. The thin bags don't cut it for me and I want a fat ripper that will help me fully transition from smoking whilst at home.

scottio19,
Top Bottom