Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

lepstadder

thats crazy i just got mine less than a month ago and it looks alot different...

I would love to have a unit that lasts longer.

So we can contact mark and get the new part that makes the heating element last longer???????

lepstadder,

justvape

Probably going to upgrade my wand, but does anyone know if the coil just slides into place or does it have to be soldered?

justvape,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup It slides over and floats there. There's also been a oring added to the heater cover close to the knob to improve the wiggling of the heater cover but mine never does that anyways so I dunno how needed it is. He also said there may be some new models coming out soon but not to get too excited about that

minnesnowta,

lepstadder

Well i have noticed that mine def wiggles, and the amount that it does so has increased a bit over time.

I would love the ability to upgrade(send in old units for new models)

But so far the functionality is good on mine.

But i have not had it long, hope it lasts forever

lepstadder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Can we see some pictures?

Lepstadder - carefully tighten the screw and the wiggle should go away.

stonemonkey55,

FEAR420

stonemonkey55 said:
Can we see some pictures?
0dfb72ee.jpg

3fe9fd2e.jpg

5b2025c1.jpg

5b2025c1.jpg

93e6054a.jpg

539fbd5e.jpg

8183b3ac.jpg

f699a8a9.jpg

91bb8163.jpg

36d2f9e6.jpg

FEAR420,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
So did you get yours fixed Fear??

I had the Vrip on my wish list but I'm scared I'll either break it or need to be a handy-woman to run it.

Lo,

FEAR420

yeah those pix are of the new heater cover going on and the metal sleeve for the ceramic rod. :D

FEAR420,

lepstadder

The "metal sleeve" being the spring?

That is what yours has that the older ones do not,

Mine has a bit if metal wire coiled around it like a spring but it only makes it around about 12 coils, that looks like a proper spring.

And the purpose of that is to increase the life span of the heating element?

Interesting...

lepstadder,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
the electrician said:
Anyone of you with access by whatever means to two wands can you get ahold of a bong like this http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...llow_Base__Double_Jointed.cfm?iProductID=6263 and then post a video? If not ill just get saving.
there's only room for one diffy at a time on that thing. You can't run two different wands at the same time and even if you could you wouldn't be able to pull two slides to clear it anyways. It's made so you could change between 14 and 18mm diffys if you wanted. I wouldn't even waste my time on anything that has a 14/14 diffy but that's me. 14/14 diffys are super hard to find unless you want a roor or ehle one. I never got why ehle used a 14mm female joint on any of their bongs. Just doesn't make much sense...

minnesnowta,

JBALL7

Supposed to be meeting up with Josh (Blazemaster) this afternoon watch him blow me a couple customs!
Any Recommendations or changes to his previous bowls?
I'm bringing the wand with me as well.
Also, where can I get more of the silicone tips?
Thanks, John

JBALL7,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
jball - just email info@vriptech.com to get silicone tips but i think most folks use the vhw with blazemaster bowls without the silcone tip

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup you won't need any silicone with a blazemaster. You won't even need your wand. He's made so many he has it on lock. Tell him you want the new screen design that I have on order with a diffy and like the one he made for no smoke with the matching FTC swing. He'll know what your talking about. I think durden has one of the new designs on order as well. He knows what works now because he's got alot of feed back from no smoke and myself who have been around the heat wand for a long time. It's the perfect design. More airflow than the vcb and no two peice design so the heat is closer. They make a perfect seal before the silicone is even close to touching glass so it doesn't do anything. Both me and no smoke are running bear heater covers. I like the looks of it more without the silicone but that's me.

Mad jealous of you being able to watch him work. Would love to kick it with him

minnesnowta,
Reactions: Alexis

JBALL7

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Anybody have any problems with screen sliding around when stirring it?

JBALL7,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
There's only one of the new design In existance now and no it doesn't move. He does 4 small glass pushes and you fold the screen, put it under the bumps and let it spring back flat. Then tension keeps the screen in place and doesn't move when your stirring. It's good to go now

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah it's how he does reclaim screens in curves as well. Soooo jealous. Can't wait to see what he does for me. He probaly hasn't started anything of mine yet. You'll love the slide

minnesnowta,

lepstadder

was freaked that my wand was going to break last night when my g/f dropped it inot a glass of ice water instead of the mug it goes in...

but its all good :)

lepstadder,
Top Bottom