Vrip Tech VHW - The Tips & Tricks + Things you should know Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEAR420

Hey guys,I figured Id start this thread so we can post some of the more important things that go along with the VHW and how it works best for you. Any mods or tricks you have for increasing performance,etc,etc,etc....So here it goes....It no particular order,the tips & tricks -

1- Before first use & initital burn in,setup the entire unit in the piece you plan on using it in. Take your VCB and VHW and check for an airtight seal. If you have a leak,try adjusting the silicone ring around the tip. Mine wasnt sealing right,so I slide it down a bit to expose about 1/8" of the glass VHW tip....Now I get a perfect seal everytime. Also,make sure the Silicone ring is cut evenly!! One side of mine is flush & even cut....the other side is cut at an angle and thats the side that I couldnt get to seal.

2- When you first get the unit,turn it on full blast for about 10-15mins...It'll glow red inside the glass case. I messed up & set mine to the lowest setting for 10mins not realizing I was turning the wrong way. It got hot & threw me off. Full/max temp is when the lil arrows fat side is facing the front of the unit....or turned fully to the right for full blast.

3- Grind your herbs!!!! For me,grinding is the big diff between a massive hit and some thin whispy shit. I usually double grind mine thru the 50MM Aero space then the Space Case Small Ti making it almost a nice chunky/grainy powder. Too fine will clog the screen and make for harder draws.

4- If you have more than one piece....I highly recommend buying any & all VCB bottoms that fit your pieces. I ordered mine with the 14MM Gong VCB and now I CRAVE the VHW in the rest of my bongs,so I ordered the 9.5MM & 19MM,along with the slider downstem!!! FYI - The Slider Downstem is a 19MM Gong joint for the OD. If you have a gong with a 19MM Bore,it'll fit perfectly & convert you from GONG to Slider stem.

5- RIP IT!!!! Hard or soft draws will get results....no need to baby it & draw slow for that big hit....once the vapor starts flowing you can start to rip this thing for a huge milker.

6- Get a cheap ass $1 TALL coffee porcelain mug to use for a stand/holder for your VHW unless you wanna pop $30 on the "official vrip stand"

7- Find yourself one of those plug switches for the VHW since it has no on/off switch - http://doitbest.com/Main.aspx?PageId=64&SKU=556394
imagerequest.aspx
. Im having an extremely hard time find this in a 3-prong for the VHW so I figure one of these with the 3-2prong adapter should work just fine as a make-shift on-off switch so I can just leave it plugged in for $5.

8- Stir!!!! Stir!!!! Stir!!!! I tend to stir after every hit,and every hit is milky until its spent.

Thats all I can think of for now....all I have is VHW on the mind...Gonna go do a wake & Vake sesh & try to pick this up where I left off. If you have anything to add.....PLEASE DO. Dont just read this and move on...post a reply if you have ANYTHING TO SAY in regards to the VHW. Id like this to be the second most informative thread you read after the Official VHW thread....

FEAR420,

foglights

"not to be a dick" but maybe you should wait till you have more than a weekends experience with a vape before starting a tips and tricks thread. grind your herbs and stir? full blast from a cold start is probably not the best tip either... ever hear of thermal shock?

foglights,

FEAR420

foglights said:
"not to be a dick" but maybe you should wait till you have more than a weekends experience with a vape before starting a tips and tricks thread. grind your herbs and stir? full blast from a cold start is probably not the best tip either... ever hear of thermal shock?
Yeah,Grind your herbs and stir. Some people say you can just drop a nugget in,that doesnt work well for me.

Secondly,Yeah...Full blast,as per the instructions. But thats right,I only have a weekend on it...:rolleyes:

Taken DIRECTLY FROM THE VHW INSTRUCTIONS -
Quick Tips for Extraordinary Vaporizing
1. Let the Vrip Heat Wand heat up at max setting for 7-10 minutes
2. Putting the VHW in a ceramic coffee mug with the handle sticking out will help the VHW heat up faster
3. Pack a full bowl to the brim, the bowl is deceptively small
4. Exhale first, take a deep inhale with some power behind it, and you will achieve huge, blue (not white), cloudy VRIPs (VRIP: (Noun/Verb) Vapor Respiratory Inhalation Perfection)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After 10 minutes, you can back it off by three hash marks or so as shown on the temp dial and begin vaporizing and dialing-in the perfect temperature, up or down, to taste. Generally speaking, with many herbs and users, the VHW can be used after only two-three minutes of heating up, but due to the amount of thermal mass represented by the glass will continue to collect heat until a fully heated operational point is reached at around 7-10 minutes. Because of this we recommend giving the wand a complete heat up period for the first "dialing-in" sessions so that the optimal temperature setting determined is based upon a complete heat-up. Use of a ceramic coffee mug, or the VHW stand reduces complete heat time to about five minutes. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE COFFEE MUG OR VHW STAND WILL ALSO GET HOT ON THE OUTER SURFACES IF THE VHW IS LEFT ON FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.

To prepare your herbs, you should use a herb grinder or a pair of scissors. It is recommended to get a grinder because it is much faster and does a much better job of evenly grinding your herb which is important for optimal vaporizing performance.

Once your herbs are shredded, fill the VCBLB to the top and then attach the VCBUIS using a gentle threading motion. The silicone o-ring around the VCBLB should make a tight seal with the VCBUIS, but should not need to be forced to assemble. *Note: please refer to the VCB fitting instructions below if necessary.

Care to try again???....Get over yourself man....coming on here with a whopping 9 posts trying to contradict me in every post. Here's :2c:,go buy a clue...

FEAR420,

lepstadder

"not to be a dick"
Well then shut your mouth, think before you speak

no need to worry about thermal shock.

Its not like it heats up to 400 degrees in 10 seconds, it takes a few minutes.

lepstadder,

foglights

I only have a weekend on it
exactly my point. theres a long thread full of good tips/tricks and discussion on the vhw from those who have 6+ months of experience. you basically copy pasted the instructions... even in the actual vhw thread the op would seem unnecessary :2c:

lepstadder: if youd read the vhw thread youd know that thermal shock is indeed a consideration, even when turning the wand off. a general understanding of the vhw design should be enough to see why this is the case. take your own advice

foglights,

FEAR420

foglights said:
I only have a weekend on it
exactly my point. theres a long thread full of good tips/tricks and discussion on the vhw from those who have months of experience. you basically copy pasted the instructions, even in the actual vhw thread the op would seem unnecessary :2c:

lepstadder: if youd read the vhw thread youd know that thermal shock is indeed a consideration, even when turning the wand off. a general understanding of the vhw design should be enough to see why this is the case.
First off that was sarcasm....And did ya ever think I had used one prior or had ANY KIND of prior experience with the VHW?? Apparently not....

Secondly,YES oh great & amazing Kreskin!!! :rolleyes:I DID copy & paste the instructions. SO YOU CAN SEE that Vrip themselves TELL YOU to turn it on full blast for around 10mins.

Like I said before.....care to try again??

FEAR420,

foglights

I LOVE MY VHW!!!! <3 Since I got it on Weds
-fear420 Today 09:44:11 am
ok so ~3 days.

ever consider that people on fc might have a bit more to offer than the instruction manual?

no i dont care to try again. :horse:

foglights,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom