Volcano losing its power?

Chronic

Recently ive noticed that my volcano just isn't giving off as much vapor as it used to, when i put my hand on the air it seems powerful enough, i mean its definitely powerful enough to fill up a bag as usual so should be powerful enough to vaporize the plant material

I've put on a fresh bag & fresh screens all round yet its still lacking something... maybe ive been smoking too many joints recently so lost touch with it or im not putting enough herb material in but something ain't right...

Any ideas?

Chronic,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I dont have any experience with the volcano personally. but it could be the quality of your herb, lower quality stuff puts off less vapor than dank, as you probably know. so yeah maybe use more in each load.

But, to forewarn you, your post will probably be merged with the pre-existing Volcano vape-specific thread by one of the mods soon. you can find it here:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=254

steiner666,
Given that you've cleaned everything else, have you changed the air filter in the bottom of the Volcano? This seems an unlikely cause to me since my filter never looked very dirty at all even after years, but anything is possible.

Kinked hoses are a problem which develops in some Volcanos, and could easily explain your reduced air output problem. It never happened to me, but check this out, here is a video entailing the remedy for this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nYC4wmLYg

charliedontsurf,

gvape

I had a feeling mine was running a bit slow a while back and sure enough I had a kinked hose inside. Pretty easy to take apart and fix. Works like a charm ever since I replaced the tube.

gvape,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
if you've been smoking, are you remembering to hold in your vapor hits (much) longer?

I think from what you wrote there is not problem with how much air is being blown, but with vapor production, so do you perhaps need to turn it up? (sorry, don't have a volcano, but have read some things and seen the insides, and think some others have misunderstood what you wrote)

VWFringe,

gvape

If you take it apart and it really is not a tube, then something with the heating element must have gone wrong. But honestly, this seems like the same thing that happened to me. It still had decent airflow and can produce a bag of milky flavor (around the 7 on the dial) but once I fixed the tube it was like a whole new machine. It must have filled bags at least 10-15 sec faster then it was and the bags just got even better. If you stop using the volcano for a while you may forget how it once produced. Your best bet is to take it apart, look at the insides and see if you can dissect the problem. If not and its still under warranty I would just contact the company and see if they can do anything for it. The tube fix is really easy if tat is your problem.

gvape,

Chronic

I think my air output is possibly not working well then, if anything it could be slower but it still definitely can fill a bag, just not like it used to really

The heating element is fine i reckon as the heat is certainly there, i just feel like most of the heat is heating up the herb chamber itself rather than going through the chamber & into the bag

Not holding tokes in is partly responsible for sure, but my volcano does feel like its not running on all cylinders just by looking at the density of the vapor filling a bag

Thanks for the youtube video for how to fix it, anyone know where i can get a new hose & a tool to open the volcano in the uk? Last time i checked it had some strange rivets/screws on it, i can't scratch it when i open it as it voids the warranty!

Cheers

Chronic,

gvape

It was a while back that I fixed mine and I dont have the Volcano in front of me at the moment, but I believe its a "Torx Bit with Security" or "Safety Torx." Both the same thing, just have heard them called different names. Not all hardware stores will have them, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. As well, you should be able to find a tube at the hardware store.

Hope thats enough information to get you going.

gvape,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Any one any idea what size Torx security bit? Looking online I've found a reference to both T6 and T8 for the Volcano. The measurement on the screw is inside star point to opposite inside star point, which is impossibly small to measure so I won't even try. But I've got to mail order the bit as I live hours from the hardware shop, so need to know what to order.

WatTyler,

Chronic

i just opened my volcano up & theres no collapsed/kinked tubes... which is good but bad cause now i don't know why it isn't working up to standard, my air filter was yellow compared to the white of new ones so i changed that... will give it a go tonight

Chronic,
Top Bottom