Volcano Hybrid

david8613

If I was gonna keep it i would but I have someone buying it from me later today, it truly is an awesome vape, the best available but too many issues for me use it in its current form. I'll pick up another on the 4/20 sale later this year. By then the volcano hybrid should come stock with a full stainless steel vapor path and chamber, and better plastics for chamber housing. These companies always do small revisions and I think storz-bickel will do this very quietly with no one really knowing. Good bye volcano hybrid 1.0 it was really nice knowing you!

Last edited:
david8613,

lokiki

If I was gonna keep it i would but I have someone buying it from me later today, it truly is an awesome vape, the best available but too many issues for me use it in its current form. I'll pick up another on the 4/20 sale later this year. By then the volcano hybrid should come stock with a full stainless steel vapor path and chamber, and better plastics for chamber housing. These companies always do small revisions and I think storz-bickel will do this very quietly with no one really knowing. Good bye volcano hybrid 1.0 it was really nice knowing you!
Why not deconstruct it if you're selling it off anyways?

Vapenayshyall

You should do the microscope thing. The More information we have the better.

I would like someone to deconstruct the top ring on hybrid, to see how the ring might be removed and be replaced with the new steel ring. If it doesnt come out then we know for sure the new ring is just gonna lay on top of aluminum ring.
I would like you to void your own warranty lol

Baron23

Wait, after page after page of you repeating your concerns of the health hazards of this vape, you are going to sell it to someone else?

Do you intend to share your health concerns regarding this devices w the buyer?

david8613

Of course, they know the issues, they know of the fix, so they will get the fix, they are also getting full warranty and a great price so they are happy. I'm just not happy how storz is handling this, and I will wait for an improved hybrid.

How can you void warranty by just un screwing the plastic, to clean the top? I did this on my classic, that wouldn't void warranty.

WakeVape&Bake

Wait, after page after page of you repeating your concerns of the health hazards of this vape, you are going to sell it to someone else?

Do you intend to share your health concerns regarding this devices w the buyer?

This is the reason i won´t sell it...had everything set up for ebay but no, i don´t want to give this turd in this state to someone maybe knowing nothing about the whole affair...i just can´t

so, lets await the "fix" and i am sure we will have a lot to speak about as soon as these kits arrive

Baron23

Ok, pics of qtip with ISO on AL heater ring. An overview and one under USB microscope I have.

I can't tell a thing from them. I can't distinguish airborne dust particles that may have landed on it from crap that may just be in the qtip from AL particulants.

Just doesn't seem useful to me, but perhaps one of you will have a better insight to share???

q-tip-overview.jpg

q-tip-2.jpg

WakeVape&Bake

i´ve wiped the ring with a dry(!) qtip and had grey residue on it, it looked a bit like the heat paste you put onto a pc cpu...i didn´t use the Hybrid for minimum 14 days now. this stuff seems to be forming from just standing around

this is also baffling, why is there no simple cover for the device..for this price i would have expected a cover to protect the device from dust, hairs and stuff that could get into it..a simple plastic plate you can put on top would have been better than nothing at all lol

edit: i´ve sent S & B headquarters germany a lengthy email with different points, i will report back as soon as i have an answer

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
i´ve wiped the ring with a dry(!) qtip and had grey residue on it, it looked a bit like the heat paste you put onto a pc cpu...i didn´t use the Hybrid for minimum 14 days now. this stuff seems to be forming from just standing around

this is also baffling, why is there no simple cover for the device..for this price i would have expected a cover to protect the device from dust, hairs and stuff that could get into it..a simple plastic plate you can put on top would have been better than nothing at all lol

Wouldn't put a plastic or rubber over it , in case of brain fart :>)
I use a simple Metal cap I found at a thrift shop in Vegas.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
A cover would be bad if left on for extended periods while the unit is hot. Thus no cover.

elmomuzz,

david8613

lol, funny stuff! its serious stuff but funny at the same time. any one have an idea when new the chambers will begin shipping?

I went to the storz and bickle website just to get a better look at the replacement chamber and ring. I noticed that it says the ring is an "insert". an insert to me sounds like it is not a replacement of the aluminum ring, and it will be inserted on top. but I don't really know. here is the quote from website.

"The new stainless-steel cylinder is a replacement part for the VOLCANO HYBRID Filling Chamber and is used in combination with the stainless-steel insert for the heating element."

I also noticed on the storz website the volcano hybrid is sold out, what a coincidence???? did they stop selling to implement the fix? I hope storz straightens there stuff out, they need to stop being so vague, be more up front and explain things in depth of what is going on and how this fix will correct the issues we are having. I hope that storz and bickle will right this ship.

Last edited:
david8613,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
A cover would be bad if left on for extended periods while the unit is hot. Thus no cover.

Notice my Volcano is off line power mode by remote control .
I never leave it plugged in on. Same remote has 5 sockets
Betweeen auto 10min shutoff & my switch no reason to keep
with heat up so fast . More worried about dust & dirt & weed.
I vacuum out the top with a suction hose once a month.
Love my Giant 15 " "J" hook for a whip replacement. Also use it
with my TI GH at setting 3, the thing hits like air and taste is great
with no water tool as I use sometime off whip hose.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Baron23

WakeVape&Bake

I also noticed on the storz website the volcano hybrid is sold out, what a coincidence???? did they stop selling to implement the fix? I hope storz straightens there stuff out, they need to stop being so vague, be more up front and explain things in depth of what is going on and how this fix will correct the issues we are having. I hope that storz and bickle will right this ship.

i still believe they will produce a new Hybrid with stainless steel ring built in and try to give old owners the 12 bucks piece so that they don´t have to make a big recall. it is more cost efficient for them and it would fit them considering how they handled this affair so far.

i can smell the incoming shitstorm already

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
i still believe they will produce a new Hybrid with stainless steel and try to give old owners the 12 bucks piece so that they don´t have to make a big recall. it is more cost efficient for them and it would fit them considering how they handled this affair so far.

Don’t agree! Think positive! I believe they will exchange every customer’s unit when the new Hybrid is ready. I wrote S&B a long Mail yesterday and now waiting for an answer!

david8613

i still believe they will produce a new Hybrid with stainless steel ring built in and try to give old owners the 12 bucks piece so that they don´t have to make a big recall. it is more cost efficient for them and it would fit them considering how they handled this affair so far.

this is what I think also, I wanted to stay positive but I could not, after seeing the fix, which I do not think is a true fix but just a band aid with a kick in the ass. I doubt they are going to do anything further for current owners, if they took this problem more seriously they would just RMA everyone and replace the parts, this is what all the other vaporizers companies do. I will bet big money a hybrid 2.0 will be released in 2020 very quietly, with no one really knowing about it.

I apologize if I sound so negative I don't mean too, but they dropped the ball big time. I feel like I brought a the top of the line Mercedes benz and something was wrong with my nice fancy rims, and now to correct the problem they are giving us a cheap hub cap to fix it, this is not right!

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

checked german amazon, when choosing S & B as seller it states that the Hybrid is back in stock from january 31st

this can only mean that they are really changing the production...i swear i will explode when there is a "new" Hybrid from february

lokiki

checked german amazon, when choosing S & B as seller it states that the Hybrid is back in stock from january 31st

this can only mean that they are really changing the production...i swear i will explode when there is a "new" Hybrid from february
Good catch!
If they really do silently upgrade the hybrid and let the current owners sit with just a ring as solution then I won't be buying from them anymore..

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Good catch!
If they really do silently upgrade the hybrid and let the current owners sit with just a ring as solution then I won't be buying from them anymore..
I still believe that they will exchange every single unit! My experience with Storz&Bickel was always good! They always solved my problems without any questions. I will give them a chance to solve the problems! I asked in my email to S&B if they will exchange the unit when I am not satisfied with the pre solution! I will give an update when I get an answer!

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker

edit: i´ve sent S & B headquarters germany a lengthy email with different points, i will report back as soon as i have an answer
I use the extra screens the Hybrid came with as a filter and remove the screen when I'm ready to vape. As for the new Hybrid owners will have a choice now, An aluminum or stainless steel lower chamber. I don't think S&B will change the Hybrid. Only the accessories will change.

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

I still believe that they will exchange every single unit! My experience with Storz&Bickel was always good! They always solved my problems without any questions. I will give them a chance to solve the problems! I asked in my email to S&B if they will exchange the unit when I am not satisfied with the pre solution! I will give an update when I get an answer!

i mean yeah i don´t want to make a final call but don´t you think they would directly exchange the Hybrid without this inlay and ring fix if they are changing production at the moment? why would they produce this inlay and ring if they are exchanging the units later?

makes imho no sense at all...i am a bit pessimistic at this point and just think they want to save costs from a potential recall. i am already seeing myself trying to sell this turd and potential buyers ask if it is the "new Hybrid" or the old one...

I use the extra screens the Hybrid came with as a filter and remove the screen when I'm ready to vape.

good idea!

WakeVape&Bake,
Top Bottom