Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

i will also write them an lengthy email that i am not ok with this solution.

imho this is a fast shot to show they are doing something but it is the cheapest thing to do and they don´t acknowledge anything which really annoys me at this point.

i don´t want to experiment around with any half assed solutions anymore. from planning to materials over testing, this device is a total fail in my eyes

i will definitely ask for a refund and that i am not willing to play beta tester anymore. basically they made the early adopters some beta testers that paid much money and now they are continuing this with the ring and the inlay.

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
This is out of hand, I’m going to contact Canopy Growth’s legal team.

The safety of aluminum can be debated. A loose piece of 400°F stainless steel is objectively a safety concern.

S&B’s legal exposure for property damage and bodily harm seems higher now, I’m surprised anyone signed off on this response.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I would advise everyone to send storz and bickle and an email to ask how this works? If that stainless steel ring just lays on top of aluminum ring that's is a bullshit fix. They should RMA all hybrids and replace the aluminum parts for stainless steel. They did not even address the melting plastics??? I sent them an email, I advise you to do the same.

My email:
I have a question, I see your replacing the aluminum chamber with a new stainless chamber which is good. The stainless steel should have been used in the first place. But I also see a stainless steel ring, will this replace the current aluminum ring or will the stainless steel ring just lay on top of aluminum ring? If the later is the case, then this is not a true fix. This is very bootlegged! I dont want a loose piece of hot steel flying around while I'm vaping! It can fall out and burn something or someone and or misplaced, its just another dumb piece I dont need to deal with! This should not be the case with such a high end and very expensive device! Storz & bickel should take full responsibility for a poor design and RMA all hybrids, redesign and replace all aluminum parts for stainless steel in the hybrid. This would be the right thing to do for your loyal customers. If this stainless steel ring just lays on top of aluminum ring, I would be very unhappy. this would be a disgrace and a slap in the face to your customers paying top dollar for the best vape experience. What can I do to get a full refund if I am not satisfied with your fix? I will wait for a full stainless steel version to be released and buy that instead. Please reply as soon as possible because I'm very frustrated and want answers to my questions.

Try writing one more email informing them that you an your online group
are now going to be writing to the people who authorized S & B 's phony
medical certificate. Obviously this thing was never tested for any kind of
serious off gassing & alum particles. Inform them that the online group
is getting larger everyday as we had no idea of the scope of this "volswagatevape"
fake testing. If our concerns are not met immediately we will be looking into a class action suit.
See what that brings... lol

voyciz

Another thing I don't want it to sound like I'm bragging about my usage either because honestly I know my usage is silly and absurd lol. I was just a heavy blunt smoker and vaping has greatly improved my health and actually cut my usage down to like a quarter to what I used to waste. Since the laws have slowly changed it just kind of turned me into a kid in a candy store honestly.

Same here! Got rid of the blunts for health reasons, and honestly, vaping gets me higher without a lot of the negative side effects of tobacco (like addiction, for instance). I also get the "kid in a candy store" feeling when it comes to vaporization technology. It is really cool all the new stuff they've come out with; now is the time to be alive!

Fair enough. After using only dynavap with ih, mighty, and volcano now for a year exclusively, trying basically every way possible with each device, I can safely say smoking gets me more medicated. But yes perhaps there is some function to one of these devices I have missed trying, anything I should try with one of them? And yes for example f I load my volcanic chamber and get 3 bags out of it, only the first bag tastes good the other 2 are either flavorless or even gross. When I used to smoke, I used a sparkling clean glass pipe every session, and only smoked green hit bowls so I'd have max flavor on each hit vs 1 tasty bag and a bunch of tasteless vapor after. That to me had better taste especially with the heavy indices I have. Believe me after investing so much into vaping I wish I found more satisfaction from it. The odd night with the volcano I get what I'd describe as euphoric and high but it's pretty rare. Maybe I'm tossing the material too soon as I dont like hitting the flavorless bags after

Anyway I'll concede yes maybe to all of you here on this vaping forum vaping outright in all circumstances tastes better and is better etc.. I've given it a very solid shake for a year with a lot of devices and varying degrees of success and satisfaction, and after this 800 dollar device with melting plastic I'm done with it. Keep in mind I come from a heavy smoking for 15 plus years background so it's been tough in general. Happy vaping and happy holidays all

Don't give up yet brotha! I recommend a small single flame torch with the vapcap - heat it low at the bottom of the cap and go a little bit past the second click. You can get very close to combustion with a vapcap, without actually getting any smoke/ash, it's a very versatile device. After years of smoking, I found that the vapcap gets me higher once I learned how to use it properly. I can choose to do light sessions full of flavor and more "sativaish" highs, or get big clouds and straight couchlock. I can't do this with other vapes...I also recommend getting an Omni. And try to forget about how the vapor looks and just focus on the taste and feel. Best of luck!

It's absolutely embarrassing that this is happening with a $700 vape

Anyone who thought that S&B was gonna survive the Canopy acquisition without issues is a fool.

RIP S&B they had a good run but it's all over now

Agreed, S&B is dead to me after this. Makes me sad that I only recently have been able to afford their products, and now they are going away. I knew the new acquisition was bad news. Also, S&B clearly has trolls on this thread/forum, yet they make no statements of their own; how insulting! An updated instruction manual is all you get, and nothing for Plenty users? I just scraped some aluminum dust out of my (almost new) Plenty this morning. Fuck that, and fuck them.

Someone posted on vaporents, their plenty shows the same residue.

Mine, too. No more Plenty for me. I don't even feel right trying to sell it. Sucks because I have used it seriously like 5 times in total, what a waste.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Hopefully the SS ring snaps in and remains permanent. To bad the ring doesn't unscrew off like the Classic and Digital and be replaced completely with SS.

lokiki

Is the loose hot 230 degree celsius metal ring included in the TÜV certificate or not?
giving it some thought, it's complete bs..

I think we should contact the people behind their medical certificate aswell as the TÜV certificate people..

Baron23

t is literally a ring you have to put on the aluminium ring and it seems it is loose and nothing you can really put tight on the aluminium.

But as far as nobody until now know how the ss ring is installed this is pure speculation...

THIS ^^

I mean, is there anybody on here who actually has one? If not, then we don't really know shit from Shinola about it.

I'm not saying any of the more negative/more suspicious members are wrong....I'm just trying to ferret out facts we really know from...well, sort of presumptions from looking at the pics.

Anybody yet get a repair kit?

david8613

You can tell by pics the ring just lays there. I think they royally fucked up. I think I'm just gonna sell it and wait for the full stainless steel version to come out. Notice how its sold out in alot of places, they took it off the shelf I believe. Hopefully troy from 420vapezone will get the kit soon, see what it is and how its installed. How is a stainless steel ring gonna stop aluminum oxidation, the aluminum is still there?????

Baron23

You can tell by pics the ring just lays there.

Ok....no you can't. You can presume from this pic that this is how its designed to be installed, and that may indeed be it, but again...if nobody has one, then nobody knows. There is a big difference between "know" and "think"

You may well be right....on the other hand, you may not

It may be a snap fit for example. It may snap over the AL or it may be that it comes with instructions to "unsnap" the AL ring and snap on this one. Or, it just lays on top as you have proposed.

I don't have any idea at all......we just need to get out hands on one to see.

I'm not defending S&B at all in this little fiasco.

But separating fact from speculation is important...at least to me.

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

yeah it is 50:50 if it just lays there or is tight fitted but considering the "thought out" design of the Hybrid i suspect it just lays there loose

we will see soon enough

and i think the aluminium ring is tightly installed on the Hybrid to save costs. it would surprise me if you could remove the aluminium ring on the Hybrid..

the cynic in me suspects that they knew what they were doing: the aluminium ring will wear off over time and after a few years you can´t return the device because the guarantee is over and you are left with a completely scratched ring which barely conducts anymore..so you have to buy a new device because you can´t remove/exchange the ring at all.

but yeah, lets see how this pans out...at this point i just can´t see it in positive light anymore.

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

yeah, at this point just lets wait a bit further till these inlays and rings arrive and we will see...but the prospect of having a maybe loose ring when future revisions will surely have a built in stainless steel ring is not very promising to say the least

and i am sure there will be a video about it from Troy(420 vapezone) as soon as he gets his hands on it.

david8613

Has anyone tried calling storz and ask for a detailed description of the installation procedure of the chamber and ring? Is the top plastic ring an aluminum ring on hybrid removable? Can someone please check? I sent bloomgroove and email asking this very question, they might know a little more. Everyone should email storz and bickle and the store they purchased from this question and how this fix in detail will work.

Ps bloomgroove is excellent in all this, they emailed more than storz!!!!:tup:

Here is my email to bloomgroove.

I emailed storz and bickle because I have alot of questions about this fix. I see in the pics for the fix there is a new stainless steel chamber but I also see a stainless steel ring, will this replace the aluminum ring on the hybrid, or will this stainless steel ring just lay on top of the aluminum ring. If it's the latter this is a terrible fix for this problem. I dont want a hot stainless ring floating around in my chamber. This is an accident waiting to happen, something or someone will get burnt, and this is another piece I have worry about not losing. This is not a proper fix, the aluminum will still be there oxidizing adding something to the vapor I am inhaling not good at all. Can you please dig up as much information as possible for this fix, how it will be installed. this situation is very discouraging for me to buy such an expensive high end device with so many really dumb problems. They didnt even talk about the issues with melting chambers. I am not happy at all with any of it. Can you please find out more information for me on this new chamber and ring and a detailed installation proceedure? Thank you for all your help in this, it is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Vapenayshyall

Has anyone tried calling storz and ask for a detailed description of the installation procedure of the chamber and ring? Is the top plastic ring an aluminum ring on hybrid removable? Can someone please check? I sent bloomgroove and email asking this very question, they might know a little more. Everyone should email storz and bickle and the store they purchased from this question and how this fix in detail will work.

Ps bloomgroove is excellent in all this, they emailed more than storz!!!!:tup:

Here is my email to bloomgroove.

I emailed storz and bickle because I have alot of questions about this fix. I see in the pics for the fix there is a new stainless steel chamber but I also see a stainless steel ring, will this replace the aluminum ring on the hybrid, or will this stainless steel ring just lay on top of the aluminum ring. If it's the latter this is a terrible fix for this problem. I dont want a hot stainless ring floating around in my chamber. This is an accident waiting to happen, something or someone will get burnt, and this is another piece I have worry about not losing. This is not a proper fix, the aluminum will still be there oxidizing adding something to the vapor I am inhaling not good at all. Can you please dig up as much information as possible for this fix, how it will be installed. this situation is very discouraging for me to buy such an expensive high end device with so many really dumb problems. They didnt even talk about the issues with melting chambers. I am not happy at all with any of it. Can you please find out more information for me on this new chamber and ring and a detailed installation proceedure? Thank you for all your help in this, it is very much appreciated.
Why do you keep telling me what I should do? I’m just going to wait to receive my new pieces and figure I out.

MakeVio

Yeah maybe take a breath and lay down your pitchforks for a min. See how the solution works. If it doesn’t pick up those pitchforks and go mental? Also, no I’m not a troll sent from S&B to ruin your lives...

I think my biggest issues are these

• The lack of transparency. I get they are from a different part of the world where maybe customer relations isn't a big deal, but in the age of 2020, it's just a little dated, and is only a hindrance, as you can see it only causes more hysteria and speculation to get out of hand.
  • To touch a little on the first point, it also feels like they wanted to keep this as quiet as they could with almost 0 contact until after the new year, to ensure end of year and beginning of year sales to conclude. That just seems a little of putting to me as well if that was their priority.
  • As someone else has mentioned, how was this not possibly caught before by their engineers? For this to be labeled as "Medical use" you'd think a simple swab test would be part of a checklist of some sort. Given that this company is renowned for their brilliance in engineering, the fact that an aluminum material didn't set off any sort of mental alarm bells for these sophisticated engineers is also concerning. And if that isn't the case and it was the matter of just saving money, or trying to keep heat up times as small as possible to appeal to the market, is still off putting.
  • I am glad they finally came out with a "fix" but it still feels weird, and oddly quick. Which begs the question, did they already have something in the works before this all came to light a couple months ago? Were they planning this even before their usage manual update? Withholding this info? I would love to know, but yknow lol.
  • Their statement even rubs me wrong. "Due to customer feedback..." Like what? This is customer backlash at least lol. And it's safety concerns. Not simple "feedback". Seems like they are really trying to downplay it.
  • The fact they have no news(and if they are working on something, this just ties into them withholding info, or not being nearly as transparent as they could be) or fix for a chamber reducer, or acknowledge anything plastic related, is still odd.
  • And my final point, this is all we get? Just this little fix? Lets say it fixes the issue entirely, and everyone is happy. Is that really all we should be given for the unknown and potentially hazardous vapor that we might have been inhaling? No free bags, or chambers, or a discount in the store? Just seems they are doing the absolute bare minimum.

david8613

• The lack of transparency. I get they are from a different part of the world where maybe customer relations isn't a big deal, but in the age of 2020, it's just a little dated, and is only a hindrance, as you can see it only causes more hysteria and speculation to get out of hand.
  • To touch a little on the first point, it also feels like they wanted to keep this as quiet as they could with almost 0 contact until after the new year, to ensure end of year and beginning of year sales to conclude. That just seems a little of putting to me as well if that was their priority.
  • As someone else has mentioned, how was this not possibly caught before by their engineers? For this to be labeled as "Medical use" you'd think a simple swab test would be part of a checklist of some sort. Given that this company is renowned for their brilliance in engineering, the fact that an aluminum material didn't set off any sort of mental alarm bells for these sophisticated engineers is also concerning. And if that isn't the case and it was the matter of just saving money, or trying to keep heat up times as small as possible to appeal to the market, is still off putting.
  • I am glad they finally came out with a "fix" but it still feels weird, and oddly quick. Which begs the question, did they already have something in the works before this all came to light a couple months ago? Were they planning this even before their usage manual update? Withholding this info? I would love to know, but yknow lol.
  • Their statement even rubs me wrong. "Due to customer feedback..." Like what? This is customer backlash at least lol. And it's safety concerns. Not simple "feedback". Seems like they are really trying to downplay it.
  • The fact they have no news(and if they are working on something, this just ties into them withholding info, or not being nearly as transparent as they could be) or fix for a chamber reducer, or acknowledge anything plastic related, is still odd.
  • And my final point, this is all we get? Just this little fix? Lets say it fixes the issue entirely, and everyone is happy. Is that really all we should be given for the unknown and potentially hazardous vapor that we might have been inhaling? No free bags, or chambers, or a discount in the store? Just seems they are doing the absolute bare minimum.

This!!!
Why do you keep telling me what I should do? I’m just going to wait to receive my new pieces and figure I out.

You can do what ever you want. I'm just thinking with us all together emailing storz more communication will be the result, we need answers.

I used my hybrid last night after cleaning it as recommended by storz, effect were excellent. I went to clean the hybrid again today and taking a close up pic with flash I can see the grey dust but I also see little aluminum flakes on the paper towel! This is wack!!!

Hybrid only 3rd time of use no over torque of chamber

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

excellent post, this is exactly what i am also thinking...the whole affair just rubs me in the completely wrong way. the marked part is especially baffling for sure.

Something is really odd about the whole thing with the residue and this fast shot fix and i really don´t think that this ride is soon over.

i really suspect there will be a new version coming up with a stainless steel ring built in and the version 1 buyers or "early adopters" will be stuck with their aluminium ring Hybrids and their 12 bucks rings to lay onto... :lol:

it would just fit the whole handling of the situation perfectly and if they should do this...there will be a massive shitstorm incoming, that is for sure

the lack of information and statements and the wording of the email is just...not the way to handle this. especially not when dealing with people buying one of the (or the?) most expensive vaporizer on the market.

i feel like S & B is doing this at the moment:

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_400.gifv

Last edited:
WakeVape&Bake,
Reactions: lokiki

david8613

Yup too vague, no details, too little information. If this fix does not completely remove the original aluminum ring and replace it with stainless steel, I will not except this fake fix. If they make a newer hybrid 2.0 with all new stainless steel parts I will freakin explode!!! What should have been done is RMA all hybrids with aluminum parts, and replace with stainless steel parts, throw in some store credit or coupons for all the hassle. Stop taking short cuts and being cheap with us, this an expensive high end product.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Have you ever bought a brand new car and had a major recall? It sucks but you don’t get a new car. They fix it. The assembly line is updated. Life goes on. But it does suck. :(

elmomuzz,
Reactions: lokiki

david8613

We will see if this is a true fix, or bootlegged attempt of a fix, I'm not so excited. I'm very negative at this point, boundless, ghost, grasshopper and a bunch of other companies just do an RMA send a return shipping label to get you up and running as soon as possible. They didnt even offer expedited or over night shipping for the new chamber to get us back to using our devices fast, no time frame given, we don't even know if the new chambers are made or even ready to ship!!! Lol! I just have to laugh at this whole thing.

Top Bottom