Volcano Hybrid

david8613

wait, wait, wait!!! did Storz and bickle actually change the plastics to cheaper plastics, and also they changed from stainless steel to aluminum on the hybrid???? can someone verify this please, we gotta know!

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The orange part on the plenty bowl has never been peek as far as I know. It looks to be the same stuff on the hybrid. It just gets hotter.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Here is a weight test of the Hybrid aluminum bowl and the Classic and Digital EZ valve stainless steel bowl. The Hybrid's aluminum bowl weight doesn't even show up on my digital scale, So I'm guessing 1/2 a gram at the most. The Classic and Digital stainless steel EZ valve bowl weight came to 3 grams on my digital scale. The stainless steel weighs more than aluminum bowl. The top metal valve both weigh 7-8 grams without the screen. The scale fluctuates when I take the top valve on and off the digital scale. So both are made from stainless steel. Aluminum conducts more heat and gets hotter. This is why the company used aluminum vs stainless steel on the lower chamber of the Hybrid. I knew right off the bat as soon as I had both bowls in my hand. The sound of the metal hitting the glass table gave it away. I felt like I was in a jewelry department trying on rings. The Classic and Digital stainless steel bowl feels like an expensive ring and the Hybrid bowl feels like a ring from a gum ball machine, :2c: cheap! I can tell the difference in the taste of the vapor quality in the stainless vs the aluminum bowl. Much better in the stainless steel bowl. Here is the video to verify. The plastic housing wasn't even hot after blowing up the third bag with the valve left on the entire time. The green still had a green tent to the ABV.
I ordered these to take the SS bowl on and off for longer sessions. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLC5LJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Apparition87

Here is a weight test of the Hybrid aluminum bowl and the Classic and Digital EZ valve stainless steel bowl. The Hybrid's aluminum bowl weight doesn't even show up on my digital scale, So I'm guessing 1/2 a gram at the most. The Classic and Digital stainless steel EZ valve bowl weight came to 3 grams on my digital scale. The stainless steel weighs more than aluminum bowl. The top metal valve both weigh 7-8 grams without the screen. The scale fluctuates when I take the top valve on and off the digital scale. So both are made from stainless steel. Aluminum conducts more heat and gets hotter. This is why the company used aluminum vs stainless steel on the lower chamber of the Hybrid. I knew right off the bat as soon as I had both bowls in my hand. The sound of the metal hitting the glass table gave it away. I felt like I was in a jewelry department trying on rings. The Classic and Digital stainless steel bowl feels like an expensive ring and the Hybrid bowl feels like a ring from a gum ball machine, :2c: cheap! I can tell the difference in the taste of the vapor quality in the stainless vs the aluminum bowl. Much better in the stainless steel bowl. Here is the video to verify. The plastic housing wasn't even hot after blowing up the third bag with the valve left on the entire time. The green still had a green tent to the ABV.
I ordered these to take the SS bowl on and off for longer sessions. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLC5LJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Everyday this thing surprises us with something else lower quality than expected. I am in awe of the situation and storz and bickels inability to communicate with the community.

MegaMan2k

Just ordered me a fresh Solid Valve.
I know i allready asked this in here, but i sure dont hope they changed anything about the solid valve, like using cheaper plastics etc.

Was initially excited for the Hybrid release, but from following this thread i begin to wonder if we should stop calling them s&b and instead start referring to them as c&g , a whole new company that does not uphold the previous standards.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I am in awe of the situation and storz and bickels inability to communicate with the community.

It's actually not so much an „inability“. Companies being in touch with a community is a very u.s.-American thing and not typical for the European culture, hence S+B avoid being part of for example this thread. There are companies who try to adapt to these kind of demands, but to perceive this policy as „hiding“ or an „inability“ is a *huge* misunderstanding. European and esp. German companies tend to be very customer oriented, but not community oriented.

I'm not trying to defend S+B here at all, again: I don't own any of their devices and agree that these are very serious issues. I'm just trying to explain the cultural differences here.

im not a robot

It's actually not so much an „inability“. Companies being in touch with a community is a very u.s.-American thing and not typical for the European culture, hence S+B avoid being part of for example this thread. There are companies who try to adapt to these kind of demands, but to perceive this policy as „hiding“ or an „inability“ is a *huge* misunderstanding. European and esp. German companies tend to be very customer oriented, but not community oriented.
hm. maybe. but i dont really understand the customer / community differentiation. if we are a community, the one thing we have in common is what makes us potential customers to them. so surely they must be monitoring threads like this one here?
i dont think anyone is holding their breath for an s&b representative to post in this thread - but *some* sort of public statement, if only to acknowledge the issue, would be nice. they have a website. they could do it there.

Baron23

Now, not defending the obvious issues here, but SS to Al surely must have been driven by desire for quick conduction. Way better thermal transfer properties.

And yet again, each should make their own mind up about AL oxide dust or coating.

Melting plastic is a nonstarter on every level.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
but i dont really understand the customer / community differentiation.

It's actually quite simple: customer = one person (including the potential customer), community = a group of persons, both customers and non-customers. European customer service in my experience aims at the individuum in the first place. Speaking to a community is just not so much of a thing over here. Even in Facebook groups founded by the companies I observe the company itself acting as much in the background as possible.

barnardbarnard

So bummed about this whole aluminium dust issue!

I am not experiencing any melting plastic (yet) but have stopped using my Hybrid and really hope S&B release an update soon.

I was using the Mighty for a few years prior to this I really loved the Hybrid for it's smoother more plentiful vapour delivery can anyone on here recommend something on a par or better than the Hybrid?

I know it's all subjective but I am a little out of touch with all the new vapes I was until now a S&B purist!

:leaf::leaf::leaf:

WakeVape&Bake

Get a Plenty if you like the whip part of the hybrid the most. Hell you could get a classic volcano and the plenty for near the same price as the hybrid.

I have both and have no reason to ever own a hybrid.

The Plenty had always a very plasticky flavor to me....i don´t know, it is strong but i never liked the Plenty vapor

Classic Volcano is a good call though, the whip part of the Hybrid is not really good anyways and when someone wants bags, the Classic is the way to go

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So bummed about this whole aluminium dust issue!

I am not experiencing any melting plastic (yet) but have stopped using my Hybrid and really hope S&B release an update soon.

I was using the Mighty for a few years prior to this I really loved the Hybrid for it's smoother more plentiful vapour delivery can anyone on here recommend something on a par or better than the Hybrid?

I know it's all subjective but I am a little out of touch with all the new vapes I was until now a S&B purist!

:leaf::leaf::leaf:

Plenty has same ring system?
Mine had reside also on wipe down.
So does the threads on my TI GH hmmmmm...
I am using with the whip a hand held water tube PWTool
There are cheaper good effective water tools
Just stick the whip end into bottom and suck out the top.
1 handed water tool & I seriously doubt any "Alum Dust"
will get thru water & it cools it nice.
I also fill bags thru water by reversing the flow back into
the bag when I wish. (my own cheap method created out of necessity)
I prefer the GH where you get the Hit & Effects with bags of air with THC lol
But the Hybrid is great for filling three quick potent bags and passing them around
compared to my old slow all convection OG Cano.
These just are day starters for me as by noon I am into the real high
part of my day, Wax, shatter, budder, Distillate, Rosin, Live Resin, Pressed
Hash, Diamonds & Sauce. Just hit the GH with .1 OG Kush in between SIC
Dish hits from M22 ESCC. No more waiting for anything LOL.
State of the art has made On Demand Hits a Reality. (at least for me now)
PS(I'm Lucky, my plastic doesn't melt yet?)

barnardbarnard

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Should have mentioned I don't use the whip - I used to have a classic but never really got on with it - nothing I have owned seems to really hit like the hybrid.

I already have a TI GH and I am not a big fan it's been back for repair several times and keeps breaking it may well be a dud one mine is def not even worth using.

I may just buy the Crafty+ out of boredom!

WakeVape&Bake

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Should have mentioned I don't use the whip - I used to have a classic but never really got on with it - nothing I have owned seems to really hit like the hybrid.

I already have a TI GH and I am not a big fan it's been back for repair several times and keeps breaking it may well be a dud one mine is def not even worth using.

I may just buy the Crafty+ out of boredom!

if you aren´t opposed to the oldschool way, grab a Sticky Brick. The OG or the Runt are solid choices.

if you like dry and at home, the OG is awesome. if you want cheaper WPA adapter the Runt is the choice.

david8613

Get a Plenty if you like the whip part of the hybrid the most. Hell you could get a classic volcano and the plenty for near the same price as the hybrid.

I have both and have no reason to ever own a hybrid.

this is true! with a classic and plenty no need for a hybrid that set up is so good. I had both and sold them to get a hybrid, I should have never don't that, I should have waited a little. :bang::bang::bang:

Vape_Or_Die420

this is true! with a classic and plenty no need for a hybrid that set up is so good. I had both and sold them to get a hybrid, I should have never don't that, I should have waited a little. :bang::bang::bang:

I don't even own a hybrid but i am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear a response. Can not believe they have not responded to one email for people so far. Super shitty scenario!

Vapenayshyall

I haven’t been able to enjoy my plenty since word came out. My plenty was used for six weeks and it really doesn’t look good.

https://imgur.com/a/9A9ecJv
I guess the plenty also has an aluminum chamber? I’ve been looking at alternatives and I want a plenty but after all this I know I shouldn’t. I wish Sb would get their shit together.

david8613

agree, sucks that they never answered my email, I am not happy about that at all. I keep checking my emails everyday, I even ran a search in my account to see if maybe I missed it, but nope, nada, nothing there.

I just don't get for any reason why they would choose to use aluminum over stainless steel? I am not an expert but isn't aluminum a softer metal compared to stainless, and wouldn't stainless hold heat better longer, staying more heat saturated? the volcano was always known to be a tough rugged piece of equipment that lasts forever. I just don't get it.

WakeVape&Bake

agree, sucks that they never answered my email, I am not happy about that at all. I keep checking my emails everyday, I even ran a search in my account to see if maybe I missed it, but nope, nada, nothing there.

I just don't get for any reason why they would choose to use aluminum over stainless steel? I am not an expert but isn't aluminum a softer metal compared to stainless, and wouldn't stainless hold heat better longer, staying more heat saturated? the volcano was always known to be a tough rugged piece of equipment that lasts forever. I just don't get it.

aluminium= faster heating and cheaper. SS is more expensive and harder to shape. production pipelines with aluminium are much faster.

i mean they use aluminium for the dosing capsules too, people use them happily without asking questions, they even put them in a Sticky Brick to put direct torch heat to them. and many people use aluminium grinders which often have micro bits of aluminium chipping off.

if anything ALL S & B products are overrated af considering the materials used. Plenty has the aluminium ring with smear since 2008 plus a plastic housing. it is 12 years at this point, no one considered this to be in any way unhealthy

as someone else put it, they had their run for 20 years but that doesn´t mean that the devices are flawless. they sell the same Mighty since 2014, the same Plenty since 2008 and the same Volcano since 2000. looking at the Hybrid, they are no innovators in todays market, that is for sure.

and there are no 100% safe vaporizers, think about the lithium batteries that most portables use, they can also offgas when they get hot.

Last edited:

justcametomind

aluminium= faster heating and cheaper. SS is more expensive and harder to shape.

i mean they use aluminium for the dosing capsules too, people use them happily without asking questions, they even put them in a Sticky Brick to put direct torch heat to them.

if anything ALL S & B products are overrated af considering the materials used. Plenty has the aluminium ring with smear since 2008 plus a plastic housing. it is 12 years at this point, no one considered this to be in any way unhealthy

as someone else put it, they had their run for 20 years but that doesn´t mean that the devices are flawless. they sell the same Mighty since 2014, the same Plenty since 2008 and the same Volcano since 2000. looking at the Hybrid, they are no innovators in todays market, that is for sure.
The vapes you mention are not built the same as day one. They are still made of plastic but all had improvements since the first version came out. I think S&B will do the same for the Hybrid sooner or later. Having read it had touch controls and the almost useless workflows was already enough for me to stay away. I feel it for you guys because if I didn’t had a Digit I could have been in the same situation.

WakeVape&Bake

The vapes you mention are not built the same as day one. They are still made of plastic but all had improvements since the first version came out. I think S&B will do the same for the Hybrid sooner or later. Having read it had touch controls and the almost useless workflows was already enough for me to stay away. I feel it for you guys because if I didn’t had a Digit I could have been in the same situation.

they have a better battery mostly, the core tech is the same as in the release year.

you are buying the same Mighty now that you might have bought in 2014, just with a bigger battery and a "boost mode".

Plenty had something with the handle push to heat, i think you don´t have to push it as often as in the past now. core tech is the same as it was 2008.

they did minimal refinements, the technology is more or less the same as it ever was.

WakeVape&Bake,
Top Bottom