Volcano Hybrid

Baron23

Thanks for checking, @stickstones

My comment above about friend maybe leaving chamber on unit, well, duh, I forgot users could have a leisurely whip session. So, design issue I fear...Nice if they used that grey material on post instead of the orange plastic
Ah, shit....a plastic melting problem....sigh.

I guess we will see. I will take a look at mine later.

Be interesting to here more reports.

Nolan Kinshella

I was thinking they used a fully packed Vortex in the whip but now I have no idea. Was there even a tip? Would you mind refreshing my abused memory haha.

To be fair, I was vaping along, I'm lucky I even remember watching lol. Abused memory here too, military had me on this anti-malarial called Mefloquine back in the day, rumor is it does some brain damage, not to say mine was intact ahead of time though lol.

Side note, might try to come up with a "toothpaste roller" system to get reclaim out of the whip, using a system where I clip the end shut on a whip, and let it hang behind my wood stove while using a second whip is working, but it is a slow method.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I never leave the filling chamber on there, I take it off there between hits. Whip or bag. I would also use the pump every time the chamber is in place, While using the whip or bag. Everything has to be replaced, Like the bags or whip. All apart of marketing.:nod:

Last edited:

NO_F_U

Wow thats pathetic for the price theyre asking on this vape. One more thing to throw on the reasons to not buy a S&B vape list.

You will be attacked by the fanboys who moan about materials of other vaporizers and then when their favorite cash grabbing vape manufacturer screws up people make jokes about it and tell you not to worry or advise you to use gloves every time you touch the 700usd device.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
My digit has been rock solid.

It will be interesting to see how S&B responds. Firmware update to lower max temp? That would not be the preferred solution. Time will tell.

AcidFlashbang

You will be attacked by the fanboys who moan about materials of other vaporizers and then when their favorite cash grabbing vape manufacturer screws up people make jokes about it and tell you not to worry or advise you to use gloves every time you touch the 700usd device.
Haha I know that feeling, dynavap fanboys will get hella butthurt when you say anything slightly negative about the company. For example I got downvoted on reddit for suggesting that Austin's price on the vortex is a better value than the omni because he's a one man band and doesnt import metal from china like dynavap llc does. Not to mention how cheap the raw materials must be when you buy in bulk from china vs buying american forged titanium in smaller amounts.

Last edited:

david8613

Where is the best deal on the hybrid I'm in New Jersey USA, I might purchase one today before sales are gone. Hurry I have a friend that wants to purchase my volcano classes.

Poostuff

Please delete
Bought some spare housings & a chamber during the sale so I won’t need to stop using it if I have any problems with clips.
I’m doing okay for whips but had to throw in a roll of the tubing. With the free shipping & the 25% off, the tubing was a decent price.
It will be interesting to see how S&B responds. Firmware update to lower max temp? That would not be the preferred solution.
I agree that would be a very disappointing way for them to go. Let’s not ever mention that again.
I think offering a "Premium" more durable housing which would obviously be more expensive than the "Standard" seems like a better option for everyone.

AcidFlashbang

I agree that would be a very disappointing way for them to go. Let’s not ever mention that again.
I think offering a "Premium" more durable housing which would obviously be more expensive than the "Standard" seems like a better option for everyone.
You think people having to pay extra for a vape that's already $700 just so it won't melt is a good option? The only good option at that price level is updating the design to prevent it from occurring and offering free replacements

david8613

I would like your opinion. I have a volcano hybrid on it's way to me and i sold my classic to help fund the new hybrid. I also have a storz and bickle plenty, do you think I will still need it anymore with the hybrid in my line up.

david8613,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

haoleman

No worries guys, I got a hybrid at I believe an Incredible price. Sold my classic to a very close friend it was so hard to do, lol. I hope the upgrade is worthy, my classic was very good to me.

You mentioned 25% off a Hybrid Volcano but not where to puchase ? I'm in U.S.A. I'm about to purchase info would be great . Or any other Hybrid Cyber monday bundles sales

weedboy42069

I've ridden in the whip rodeo before, and that rodeo gets stinky. Change it, dump old one in recycling bin. $15 for 10 feet on amazon. It also feels a bit odd to touch, and silicone is a lint magnet, so got a camelback sleeve

High temp NSF51 silicone tubing, 3/8inch inner diam, 1/2inch outer diam, 10 feet length:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOWGGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BptiDb4E8ZG7Y

Hybrid-Tube-and-sleeve.jpg

Where did you get the camelback sleeve? Registered just to ask this lol.

ChooChooCharlie

Welcome, @weedboy42069 , all are welcome into the light. You quoted an old post, so seems you are reading thread. Commendable effort, and rare

You may even find tube covers in a local big box store in sporting/hiking dept

Online, amazon or ebay, use search keywords: hydration tube cover

Camelbak is a brand name

You will see two types: insulated and not

The insulated one is in that picture. It is very difficult to get on the tube, but doable with patience. (Hydration tubing is narrower) The non-insulated canvas-like ones are easy to put on and remove, but they feel like baggy shirt sleeves

haoleman

time is running out
I'm about to pull the trigger I found a good deal with bloomgroove.com or everyonedoesit.com any opinions on who I should go with ? authorized for S&B or a good rep ?

I couldn't wait and went with bloomgrove.com and the 509.99 free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:

david8613

I couldn't wait and went with bloomgrove.com and the 509.99 free shipping

I ordered my hybrid from bloomgroove, i looked them up to see if there was some negative feedback, didnt find anything, so I ordered sunday, I got tracking information today, she left facility and is already on her way to me. Yeesssss!!!!:rockon:

Namaste had a similar sale but 27% off but I read some bad things about them not shipping quickly enough, incorrect items and not refunding nor responding to emails but I dont know never ordered from them.

Last edited:

lokiki

Hey everyone,
I've got a question about the hybrid, I have one for about a week now and I'm a seasoned smoker for like 13 years.

Yet every time I use the volcano at say 170c - 195c I cough my brains out.
cant even go higher than that because that's not even enjoyable. any advice on how to not seem like im dying everytime i use the volcano?

I tried packing it light or tight and whether using the whip or the bags, I still cough like a madman.

edit: i do have a mighty aswell which doesn't seem to be that harsh so I'm kinda used to using a vaporizer but the volcano is something else entirely

much appreciated

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone,
I've got a question about the hybrid, I have one for about a week now and I'm a seasoned smoker for like 13 years.

cant even go higher than that because that's not even enjoyable. any advice on how to not seem like im dying everytime i use the volcano?

I tried packing it light or tight and whether using the whip or the bags, I still cough like a madman.

edit: i do have a mighty aswell which doesn't seem to be that harsh so I'm kinda used to using a vaporizer but the volcano is something else entirely

much appreciated
I would put just enough herb to cover the screen or half the amount you would normally put in. :nod:

Last edited:

silverharbinger

Unfortunately the top parts of the orange housing on mine have turned black & show signs of burning or melting.
I enquired with S&B and sent a photo & they quickly replaced it for me, but didn’t respond about the possibility of it failing.
The replacement actually had an extremely tight fit which is great but I’ve had it for a while now & it’s already loosened up more than I’d like.
My sessions are never more than 5 minutes & that’s the only time the chamber is connected, plus I’m always careful not to over tighten it.

First off, this was a great observation even if it isn't a welcome one for me to read in any way. Thank you so much!

When I checked the plastic chamber housings on my hybrid I have similar burned indentions on both the upper and lower one. If you are unable to see it on your upper housing use a higher lumen flashlight or similar strong light source, and look around the lower part of the upper housing. In my case I had more pronounced, and a larger number of deformities in the plastic on the upper housing than the lower one, and this makes perfect sense given that heat rises and all that.

Honestly, this really concerns me. I don't want to be inhaling even a tiny amount of plastic gas at any time, much less deeply inhaling it, and I don't trust an o-ring on the upper housing to prevent that from happening at all. Like everyone else has been saying I have been faithful in taking the chamber off of the hybrid itself after about 5 minutes of use as the manual instructs, so my question is how long can the plastic housing be in contact with the heat of the metal chamber parts before it starts doing this?

My hypothesis is that it may not be happening during the session, and because I already have a brand-new chamber housing with no such damage laying around due to my hybrid being RMA'd I am (foolishly) going to use it to test out a possible workaround. My modified procedure will be as follows:

1. Run a normal temperature range session on the hybrid for the amount of time that I use it for (approx. 5 minutes).

2. After the session remove the chamber from the hybrid as usual, then immediately remove the o-ring from the upper chamber, and remove the upper and lower chambers from their plastic housings. Let all of the parts cool down to room temperature separately before putting it back together again to use at a later time.

3. I will monitor the new chamber housings for similar indentions in the plastic. My guess is that the upper housing will start showing the signs of heat damage sooner that the lower one will, so I will pay careful attention to it in particular.

My hope is that by doing this I will not see any damage occurring because the plastic was not exposed to the direct heat contact long enough for it to start happening. Either way it will take some time to know, and I will report my findings in any case.

On a lighter note, I finally used my hybrid at Thanksgiving for what it was always intended to do (per the manual anyway) and vaporize an aromatic herb (in this case thyme leaves) for some family members that have no idea what a volcano is, but love that kind of stuff. They were absolutely delighted with how well the device worked for this purpose, but were not as delighted by the price of it. I got several comments about how quickly it managed to make a large portion of their house smell like salad dressing. :)

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season, and be safe.

silverharbinger,
Reactions: Vaporooni

blackstone

Hey everyone,

much appreciated

Less herb, (coarser grind/whole nugs?) and try to avoid talking while you hold vapor. Pull in some air after.
There is often a bite point around where you should stop inhaling or it will make you cough, and as your lungs become more sensitive you'll learn to feel it coming on better.
That's probably why many combustion folk pass this point and choke when they try a vape first, much to the vaporists amusement!
It's a combination of not expecting it and not feeling it coming which makes them cough I think.

lokiki

Thanks for the advice guys, have been testing a bit.

when doing lower temps and slowly ramping it up it's way more employable, guess I'll just have to play around a bit more with the volcano, it's completely different from smoking and kicks quite harder than that aswell.. needless to say I'm happy with the volcano

Anyways thanks for the effort in helping me out :)

Top Bottom