Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

danald2000

Is this everything the Cf and cfx could've been vape dr.? Id love to see more comparisons between the alternate and other vapes in its price range; Odin, cf, air, flowermate, etc.

Also love love love your active role on the thread @Vivant. Nothing but greatness has ever happened from constant consumer feedback :)

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
Is this everything the Cf and cfx could've been vape dr.?
CFX is a beast with 2 batteries/heaters/hours of vaping and huge chamber. Alternate should grown up first :) I am interested in its rich features but it is doesn't seems to be CFX killer or even direct competitor.

Xelatsok,

little maggie

I think it depends on whether you want a CFX type vape. Mine is in a box somewhere and unused. This seems much smaller with a different function.
I am curious about the attachment for water. The CFX comes with it's own water connector. How was that set up in the video?

little maggie,
Reactions: CHIDOY

1love

I have had my Vivant for a week now and I must say I love it.

The only thing I don't love about this vape is the beeping. It beeps when you turn it on then it beeps three times when it gets to temp then it beeps again when the time is up and it's not just one beep, each beep is two beeps like a heart beat, that's just too much beeping to me. I still love this vape I just wish it didn't beep so much.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

CFX is a beast with 2 batteries/heaters/hours of vaping and huge chamber. Alternate should grown up first :) I am interested in its rich features but it is doesn't seems to be CFX killer or even direct competitor.

I have to disagree. The CFX has 2 internal non-user swappable. batteries. The Alternate has as many batteries as you decide to use. IMHO the power issue is a major issue.

Additionally, the Alternate is smaller and much more discreet than the CFX.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Vivant

1love

Personally I prefer the flavor of the Vivant over the Boundless vapes that I have (cf, CFX, CFV). Boundless vapes do heat up quicker though.

mestizo

Personally I prefer the flavor of the Vivant over the Boundless vapes that I have (cf, CFX, CFV). Boundless vapes do heat up quicker though.
Wow! Even the CFV? which it is considered an induction vape.
I'm really asking the question, and not being sarcastic because I haven't experience the CFV, even Vape Critic didn't make mention of flavor in his review, but if you think the Vivant tastes better that is great, although they say taste is subjective.

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
I have to disagree. The CFX has 2 internal non-user swappable. batteries. The Alternate has as many batteries as you decide to use. IMHO the power issue is a major issue.

Additionally, the Alternate is smaller and much more discreet than the CFX.
This is why it looks like alternative to Air, not CFX.

Xelatsok,

sickmanfraud

Wow! Even the CFV? which it is considered an induction vape.
I'm really asking the question, and not being sarcastic because I haven't experience the CFV, even Vape Critic didn't make mention of flavor in his review, but if you think the Vivant tastes better that is great, although they say taste is subjective.

THE CFV is conviction. There are two upcoming vapes that are induction, (Haze Merger and Evoke Lotto) but to my knowledge, there are no induction vapes currently available.

1love

The CFV actually does have good flavor, I just never use mine due to too strong of draw resistance and air leaking in through the mouthpiece (even my new replacement) so that is why I like the Vivant over the CFV but I should have been more specific.

CarbonFiberGuy

So s&b dosing capsules won't fit ? Just bought this guy on a whim last night from vivant. First new vape I've bought in a long time, love the form factor . On the vivant website they have an offer for a free battery dischage kit right now. Is that just a stand alone charger I'm hoping? Bought the package with 10% off seems like a good deal for this vape if its anywhere close to my mighty. I use a cf right now for my on the go out of the house vape, and I'm hoping I like this more.

CarbonFiberGuy,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Interestingly "the vapor institute" claims the Alternate as
  • Full Convection / Efficient Heat
ExchangeThe heating chamber is designed to efficiently accept and diffuse heat. The result is a bowl that evenly heats, maintains a precise temperature, and is energy-efficient.​
From what I've learned it's a hybrid??

Looks like a very decent tool. If it was wooden, without beep beep (or optional) and available I the EU, I would definitely be interested. Well, let's see - for now I'm enjoying the tubo, ticks all my boxes. :)

danald2000

@vapen00b it is most definitely a hybrid. It theoretically heats through convection, but the bowl and parts around it maintain a good deal of heat... creating a conduction/convection vapor. I think it is a mix between theoretical convection heating and a love of convection on forums (like this one) that leads to this frequent mislabeling.

Vivant

Manufacturer
I have had my Vivant for a week now and I must say I love it.

The only thing I don't love about this vape is the beeping. It beeps when you turn it on then it beeps three times when it gets to temp then it beeps again when the time is up and it's not just one beep, each beep is two beeps like a heart beat, that's just too much beeping to me. I still love this vape I just wish it didn't beep so much.

Hello there, Please keep in mind the "beep" sound can be adjustable to your preference of volume by powering your device off, while the device is off , simultaneously press the "power" and "+" button and hold these buttons down for about 8-10 seconds and it will enter "buzzer" mode.
When you see the "buzzer" display, you can adjust "+" or "-" to increase or decrease the beep volume.

I hope this helps alleviate some of the annoyance you feel with the beep sound :)
Unfortunately there is no way to make the Alternate have a vibration instead.. however, we will keep vibration mode in mind for our future devices.

Thank you and Thank everyone on here so far for all your thoughts, advice and opinions. Rest assured, we are reading every post and taking them to heart and consideration!

VaporSipper

Interestingly "the vapor institute" claims the Alternate as...

From what I've learned it's a hybrid??

I think the majority of resellers use marketing info that comes from the manufacturers or the manufacturers' websites and the better resellers adjust accordingly when/if errors arise. Looks like TVI already fixed that particular mistake. :tup:

Vivant

Manufacturer
With the newest update, we pushed the battery as far as it will safely go. It should be noticeably different. Our engineers tell me that in order to speed up the heat time any more then that we would have to up the voltage. In order to up the voltage, we would have to stack battery's in series, so unfortunately not possible on this version of the Alternate.

smile

With the newest update, we pushed the battery as far as it will safely go. It should be noticeably different. Our engineers tell me that in order to speed up the heat time any more then that we would have to up the voltage. In order to up the voltage, we would have to stack battery's in series, so unfortunately not possible on this version of the Alternate.

I'll buy this if you include an accessory to attach to a glass piece like that video of the wpa blue beta in that video.

Vape Dr.

Hello all!:wave:

Here is a quick rundown of how I made the Alternate all glass WPA.

First I got a 14mm glass adapter that was 2" long, this is what I want to use as a WPA.

I took the cooling unit apart and ground off the half ledge the chamber screen sits on.

Then on the other side of the cooling chamber I got pliers and broke the little piece that goes across the path of the chamber.

I did this so I could drill straight through without having to worry about the drill bit catching and moving the drill bit off center.

I then put the 2 cooling chamber pieces together. I found out a happy coincidence.
The circle on the top of the CC with the V in it is dead center over top of the oven.

I drilled a small pilot hole straight through the cooling chamber then used a 13/32" drill bit and made a large hole all the way through the cooling chamber.

The hole was drilled slightly smaller on purpose, I want the glass joint to fit as tight as possible.
I don't want it to fall out or stick into the female glass joint.

So with a little bit of light sanding I was able to make the glass fit VERY securely as well as make it look much cleaner.
Here is an inside pic of the cooling chamber first the second pic is the outside with the 14mm joint I'm using.

After a good cleaning.

Here is the position I chose to put the joint in the chamber. It can be moved out or in but this seems to be the ideal spot.

Top.

Side.

Installed.

Super secure.

The WPA works fantastic! I used the blue cooling unit because it was a beta unit. The blue beta units have been upgraded internally and externally from the latest production black units.

Now that I know how easy it is I will make a matching black WPA. I wish I had a drill press!:)

Here are a couple videos for you all through a matrix and a peyote pillar at 365F. I am not a cloud chaser but the clouds are fantastic at low temps, but if you put this at 380F-390F.....WOW!

Enjoy!

:science:

Top Bottom