Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

xlr8shun

Looks like melted, previous in this thread somebody posted pic with this edges over the oven looking same as yours. Other was from legit distribution, then it proving for my understanding this devices are exact same, first batch was just better, standard issue with chinese produced gear, quality control.

Edit:Sorry, i've cheked and this was posted by

But there are cracks, not melted like here, my bad.

mine has also deformed slightly from the heat, but not nearly as bad as pictured above by @joint46go.

xlr8shun,
Reactions: gienkollo

mash

So this is happening to Vivant authorized dealers units and DHgate ones?

Looks like a recall might be in order? Cant be too healthy if they are starting to melt or crack.

I suppose replacing the mouth piece is good enough if that is the only part being affected ?

Yikes I feel sorry for @Vivant ......I know they will do whats right tho....

Ted_Stuffins

Anyone notice their Alternate leaking a lot of vapor out of the mouthpiece while in use? After my first hit or 2 it seems like its losing a ton of its vapor through the mouthpiece. I took out my airflow valve in the mouthpiece that could be the issue...

Ted_Stuffins,

xlr8shun

Anyone notice their Alternate leaking a lot of vapor out of the mouthpiece while in use? After my first hit or 2 it seems like its losing a ton of its vapor through the mouthpiece. I took out my airflow valve in the mouthpiece that could be the issue...
that is the issue, i had taken out my mouthpiece initially also, but put it back in after the cleaning i did recently and it doesnt 'leak' anymore. i took it out because i remember reading it would increase airflow, but i didnt find it it increased airflow that much.

my thinking was, if, over time, the unit kept getting air (and sticky/resinous vapor) pushed backwards through it. that would be a good way to get smell and gunk inside the areas not meant to be user cleanable.

xlr8shun,

gienkollo

Yes it is looking like it, doesn't matter which vendor- just wrong materials, and this proving my point i think, somebody else with melted mouthpiece here?

I red this thread through doesn't seen any other issues wit this device but topcap/mouthpiece.
I think replace with decent material made ones should be demanded from customers of @Vivant and re-sellers

gienkollo,
Reactions: mash

zombonaut

I wonder if the FW update is part of the issue here? Maybe the beta testing with 60 second sessions didn't stress the plastics as much?

Just spitballin' here. I did order a unit but the latest feedback is starting to make me wonder if I jumped in too soon. :)

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hi Emily,

i received your DM, and will reach out to you soon with regards to a replacement mouthpiece. i wanted to chime in here first though. in regards to those pictures i took of the underside of my mouthpiece, specifically of the "rim" that holds the screen, directly above the heating chamber.

yes, those pictures were taken after the iso cleaning, however the deformation was noticed before the iso cleaning. the cracking, while wasn't noticed before the cleaning, i assume were there before the cleaning. i just did not notice them because after cleaning the cracks were highlighted with white residue.. either mineral deposits from the water used in rinsing, or oxidation from iso used.

i never cleaned the device with iso before this past weekend. i did 2 burn offs and that was it. i understand how you would think that the iso could have been a culprit but this happened before any iso touched the device (or mouthpiece for that matter).

i am a bit conflicted on how to handle the replacement mouthpiece also. i'd gladly take another, but i have my suspicions this will happen again, and again, until a more heat resistant plastic is used or until i lower the temperature. i see @luke00978 is also having similar issues to what i have described. what happens if i receive this new mouthpiece and the same thing happens again. do i reach out and you guys send me another and another? at what point do we reevaluate things?

at this time my opinion of the deivce or company has not really changed. i am a little disappointed with the mouthpiece after noticing the deformation and cracking, as well as the oxidation after using half/half iso/water mixture. but i am hopeful that we can reach resolution that will make all parties happy.

thanks again for your time

Hello @xlr8shun , thank you for your advice. I want to reassure you and everyone else that our design team is working on this very consistently right now and it is our priority to get this problem solved. By no means are we hoping sending replacement parts will fix this issue, sending the replacement part is just a temporary fix as we do not want to tell customers they have to wait until the fixed replacements arrive. We ask for your patience along with everyone else as we are looking into what caused this issue as there may have been internal issues leading to this situation as well. Rest assured when the newly manufactured top parts come we will do our best to reach back out to the one's with the problems and warranty the top caps at that time as well. I can assure you our team consists of many caring individuals, and we all are consumers ourselves so we offer the best we can at this time while working on the permanent fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Looks like a recall might be in order? Cant be too healthy if they are starting to melt or crack.

I suppose replacing the mouth piece is good enough if that is the only part being affected ?

Yikes I feel sorry for @Vivant ......I know they will do whats right tho....

Hello @mash , as of this time, there is no factual evidence that we can find to determine the device is "unsafe". Please believe me when I tell you this, we are not that sort of people and we use the device ourselves so we would never allow continuance of usage if there was factual evidence deeming it unsafe. I use an Alternate from the same batch that was manufactured that is being sold to the public, at this point, there is simply just a few defective items. I know reading these threads can give the perception of overwhelming defects, but I believe the negative people experience with products will always come out more than the positive. Internally we are keeping track of the defective items compared to the total sold so far and are very aware of the percentage and it is not near a recall phase at all. We continue to ask for you and everyone else patience and understanding as we do sincerely want to fix this problem so it doesn't happen at all again. Thank you.

Yes it is looking like it, doesn't matter which vendor- just wrong materials, and this proving my point i think, somebody else with melted mouthpiece here?

I red this thread through doesn't seen any other issues wit this device but topcap/mouthpiece.
I think replace with decent material made ones should be demanded from customers of @Vivant and re-sellers

Hello @gienkollo , thank you for your advice. Our team is taking care of the replacement as we speak. I wish myself there was a machine that I could just use right now to spit out the pieces at me but we all know this is too wishful thinking.. Rest assured this issue is priority right now for our company and the fixed products should be manufactured soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I wonder if the FW update is part of the issue here? Maybe the beta testing with 60 second sessions didn't stress the plastics as much?

Just spitballin' here. I did order a unit but the latest feedback is starting to make me wonder if I jumped in too soon. :)

Hello @zombonaut , please don't feel like you jumped in too soon. I guarantee you as long as you ordered through us directly or through an authorized reseller, we will be here every step of the way for you. We would never be okay with selling a product that is unsafe or whatnot. Even if problems exist in the future either with the Alternate of future products, we will always provide the support to fix it as best we can. It is not in our mission to provide crappy products and walk away from it. We are here to develop our brand and hope it can be successful. Thank you for your support. -Emily

xlr8shun

Hello @xlr8shun , thank you for your advice. I want to reassure you and everyone else that our design team is working on this very consistently right now and it is our priority to get this problem solved. By no means are we hoping sending replacement parts will fix this issue, sending the replacement part is just a temporary fix as we do not want to tell customers they have to wait until the fixed replacements arrive. We ask for your patience along with everyone else as we are looking into what caused this issue as there may have been internal issues leading to this situation as well. Rest assured when the newly manufactured top parts come we will do our best to reach back out to the one's with the problems and warranty the top caps at that time as well. I can assure you our team consists of many caring individuals, and we all are consumers ourselves so we offer the best we can at this time while working on the permanent fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding. -Emily

that all sounds great Emily, and just FYI, i did receive the email about replacement mouthpiece being shipped out. you guys are pretty quick, i appreciate that.

hope you have a great rest of your day :)

Vivant

Manufacturer
that all sounds great Emily, and just FYI, i did receive the email about replacement mouthpiece being shipped out. you guys are pretty quick, i appreciate that.

hope you have a great rest of your day :)

Hello @xlr8shun , thank you for your kind words. We will always work as fast as we can for you all. I provide service based on the fact of how I would like to experience it if I were on the receiving end so rest assured you have the best from us at all times possible. Thank you for your continuous support and I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Thank you for your reply @Vivant :)

We all do really appreciate your support and explanation.

:rockon:

Hello @mash , thank you for the continuous support and love. I really just didn't want the community to have bad thoughts about us or be angry at us and I truly believe honesty is key. There should be no hiding of information between manufacturer and consumer, this is the best policy for a proper functioning company. You guys have our dedication and will continue to provide these services. Thank you again , -Emily

Ted_Stuffins

that is the issue, i had taken out my mouthpiece initially also, but put it back in after the cleaning i did recently and it doesnt 'leak' anymore. i took it out because i remember reading it would increase airflow, but i didnt find it it increased airflow that much.

my thinking was, if, over time, the unit kept getting air (and sticky/resinous vapor) pushed backwards through it. that would be a good way to get smell and gunk inside the areas not meant to be user cleanable.
That makes sense, I didn't notice a difference in airflow either with it in or out with the switch on the front fully opened. Might be a stupid question, but how does it go back in the mouthpiece? Does it snap back in or something?

Ted_Stuffins,

DarkSm0ke

@Vivant I commend you guys being responsible and trying to get ahead of the problem. It is too easy here for manufacturers to stick their head in the sand and ignore an obvious issue with a known problem. You guys have at least stepped up to the plate by acknowledging the issues and informing us that you are working on a plan to rectify it. By being a pretty active member on this thread in my eyes shows you guys care and are trying to get this resolved in a timely manner, and for that I thank you. I plan on purchasing a unit in the very near future directly from you guys when my budget permits.

Chocu1a

I just noticed my cooling unit looks the same as yours.
mine has also deformed slightly from the heat, but not nearly as bad as pictured above by @joint46go.
Mine is also slightly deformed too. I just noticed it. Mine came fro m PIU.
20170321_162437.jpg~original

Chocu1a,

luke00978

bqRs1R5.jpg

so vivant, since i got this from dhgate are you going to say its a fake and do nothing about it? you should be recalling every device and replacing regardless of place of purchase. this is after 2 days heavy use i had an order in for 10 more luckily i managed to cancel as they hadn’t been dispatched yet.

luke00978,
Reactions: j9ett

sickmanfraud

bqRs1R5.jpg

so vivant, since i got this from dhgate are you going to say its a fake and do nothing about it? you should be recalling every device and replacing regardless of place of purchase. this is after 2 days heavy use i had an order in for 10 more luckily i managed to cancel as they hadn’t been dispatched yet.

Excuse me, but Vivant has said they would support vaporizers purchased through authorized dealers.

If you chose to buy on Dhgate I suggest you contact Dhgate.

Sometimes you do "get what you pay for."

Vivant

Manufacturer
I just noticed my cooling unit looks the same as yours.

Mine is also slightly deformed too. I just noticed it. Mine came fro m PIU.
20170321_162437.jpg~original

Hello @Chocu1a I am sorry to see your device is experiencing some deformities. Please feel free to contact the PIU Team as they have our full support in providing any necessary warranties. Also, I am sending you a PM right now as well.. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your support.

bqRs1R5.jpg

Hello @luke00978 I am sorry you feel that way about us but we have never once stated that these products are completely "fake". As a brand and company we are just saying we cannot guarantee the authenticity of the devices being sold on DHGate as the ones at this time through our research are not on our Authorized List of Resellers, so we advise consumers to be aware before they purchase so they don't get ripped off in the event that the product is a knock off. This is not a secret, there are many knock off products sold through DHGate but I never once accused your product of a guaranteed "fake" as I am not even aware of what company sold it to you. DHGate is just a site like Ebay or Newegg is and DHGate themselves are not the ones selling the device. Companies sign up for an account to sell through their website. As every day goes on, we see more companies selling on there so it is never possible to say all the Alternates on there are authentic or not.
This would actually be a perfect situation. If in fact the device is authentic, the company you bought the device from through DHGate should be able to honor the warranty with no problems. Please keep us updated as to the response you get from the company you bought the device from through DHGate. I am also sending you a PM to make sure we can provide all the support possible for you as we truly hope this was not a clone.
As for our company and brand, we are not pushing the blame on anyone else, we have consistently said we are aware of this issue and are working on it as we speak. The deformity, cracking and white residue issue are our top priority as of this point for our team. By no means do we think putting a bandaid on these issues is good enough, we want to provide an actual fix/solution and with this, it is going to take time so in the meantime we don't expect the public to wait on us so we are sending replacements to hold off until the solution arrives and we can send the fixed product out once and for all.
As I mentioned in my above response, the percentage of devices with these issues compared to the total products sold and available on the market right now is no where close to justifying a recall. We use the Alternate ourselves and if for any reason we thought the device was unsafe we would not continue using it and advising people to either. From where our findings are heading, it seems it may have been a certain batch that had some manufacturer defects as it was being manufactured. However, we are working on this and will provide the fix as soon as possible.

I hope this provides clarification on this issue. Thank you -Emily

luke00978

Accusing members of "brown nosing" breaks our be nice rule. Warning point issued.
Excuse me, but Vivant has said they would support vaporizers purchased through authorized dealers.

If you chose to buy on Dhgate I suggest you contact Dhgate.

Sometimes you do "get what you pay for."

support is different from a recall all manufactured devices should be recalled for something like this , its not a warranty issue in my opinion, also i will be requesting a refund from dhgate on this basis. why you brown nosing these guys?

also since were all getting these from heaven gifts why not clarify if they are genuine from there as you clearly sell them the vapes! also are they an authorised reseller if not why do you sell them vapes?

luke00978,

Chocu1a

Hello @Chocu1a I am sorry to see your device is experiencing some deformities. Please feel free to contact the PIU Team as they have our full support in providing any necessary warranties. Also, I am sending you a PM right now as well.. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your support.

I hope this provides clarification on this issue. Thank you -Emily
What does this mean for future use? I mean, what is to keep this from happening to a replace cooling unit?

Chocu1a,

Vivant

Manufacturer
support is different from a recall all manufactured devices should be recalled for something like this , its not a warranty issue in my opinion, also i will be requesting a refund from dhgate on this basis. why you brown nosing these guys?

also since were all getting these from heaven gifts why not clarify if they are genuine from there as you clearly sell them the vapes! also are they an authorised reseller if not why do you sell them vapes?

Hello @luke00978 , our participation on the forums is to sincerely hear you guys out and understand any issues you guys are having and to provide our support. By no means do we wish to engage in a disagreement with you or any other member of this forum. We respect your opinion on how you feel when a company should perform recalls for their products but when a company recall's an object they made, there is clear evidence the devices are mostly all faulty. Therefore, we can agree to disagree on this part. As I have said before, the percentage right now for the devices that are showing to be defective is not close to a recall phase at all. To this moment, we have only approximately 1-1.5% of defective Alternates out there in comparison to the total number sold. I feel we go above and beyond to provide these explanations for you guys since we want to be honest and truly show that we care about the community and their feedback. If these explanations are not up to your standard, please accept my apology for that as my hands are tied at that point and I do not know what better I can do at this time.
You have not told us you bought from Heavens Gift. As mentioned, there are multiple companies selling through DHGate so that's why we say there will never be a point in time when we can guarantee the authenticity of your product if it bought through such a channel. As for Heaven's Gift, I highly believe they buy directly from our factory in China as Vivant is open to global distribution. Heaven's Gift does not buy directly from us here in the U.S. so no, we did not sell the products to them. We kindly ask you not to make such assumptions as that will get both of us no where.
I am sorry to hear you want to request a refund for the item instead.
Thank you.

What does this mean for future use? I mean, what is to keep this from happening to a replace cooling unit?

Hello @Chocu1a , I have provided in my above responses that ultimately we do not want to just put a bandaid on the issue hence the reason we are working hard to provide the permanent solution/fix to this problem. We are still in our research phase to see what is really causing these issues and what is the best way to fix it so it never happens again. As mentioned before, sending replacement parts is just a temporary fix for us right now because we do not think it is fair to ask the individuals experiencing this defect to wait to use their device since they have already paid for it. We are working on the permanent solution and once there is replacement caps manufactured depending on the real issue causing the cracks, deformity and white residue we will definitely let all of you know. It is unrealistic to jump to the conclusion that it is the material used that is causing this problem unless there is actual facts with material composition. All the evidence right now so far is pointing to the fact that this was a bad batch. We are tracking each defective item being brought to our attention right now and all of them are falling into the time slot of this batch being manufactured. Please bear with us as we progress.. Thank you for your understanding and patience. -Emily

luke00978

Hello @luke00978 , our participation on the forums is to sincerely hear you guys out and understand any issues you guys are having and to provide our support. By no means do we wish to engage in a disagreement with you or any other member of this forum. We respect your opinion on how you feel when a company should perform recalls for their products but when a company recall's an object they made, there is clear evidence the devices are mostly all faulty. Therefore, we can agree to disagree on this part. As I have said before, the percentage right now for the devices that are showing to be defective is not close to a recall phase at all. To this moment, we have only approximately 1-1.5% of defective Alternates out there in comparison to the total number sold. I feel we go above and beyond to provide these explanations for you guys since we want to be honest and truly show that we care about the community and their feedback. If these explanations are not up to your standard, please accept my apology for that as my hands are tied at that point and I do not know what better I can do at this time.
You have not told us you bought from Heavens Gift. As mentioned, there are multiple companies selling through DHGate so that's why we say there will never be a point in time when we can guarantee the authenticity of your product if it bought through such a channel. As for Heaven's Gift, I highly believe they buy directly from our factory in China as Vivant is open to global distribution. Heaven's Gift does not buy directly from us here in the U.S. so no, we did not sell the products to them. We kindly ask you not to make such assumptions as that will get both of us no where.
I am sorry to hear you want to request a refund for the item instead.
Thank you.

Hello @Chocu1a , I have provided in my above responses that ultimately we do not want to just put a bandaid on the issue hence the reason we are working hard to provide the permanent solution/fix to this problem. We are still in our research phase to see what is really causing these issues and what is the best way to fix it so it never happens again. As mentioned before, sending replacement parts is just a temporary fix for us right now because we do not think it is fair to ask the individuals experiencing this defect to wait to use their device since they have already paid for it. We are working on the permanent solution and once there is replacement caps manufactured depending on the real issue causing the cracks, deformity and white residue we will definitely let all of you know. It is unrealistic to jump to the conclusion that it is the material used that is causing this problem unless there is actual facts with material composition. All the evidence right now so far is pointing to the fact that this was a bad batch. We are tracking each defective item being brought to our attention right now and all of them are falling into the time slot of this batch being manufactured. Please bear with us as we progress.. Thank you for your understanding and patience. -Emily

maybe if that’s the case change your forum status to something other than manufacturer

Taz4101

They are a probably exclusive usa distributor for vivant. Like flowermate USA is to smiss.

The material is rated to 265f and the rim with the screen is exposed to a chamber that can reach 428f. How is it not also a material problem?

mephisto

Can we maybe acknowledge as consumers of the Vivant product that the manufacturer has offered full support and response in the face of rather intense "scrutiny". I own a Vivant, it works well, it has all of the things I am looking for in a convection based, removable battery vape. The quality/performance issues are being worked on. Can we retain a measure of civility, it does not seem as if there are any shenanigans....

The vapes' creators have stated that they are also consumers who utilize the very same vape as we have access to. These guys are new to the scene and FC should be a resource for all who visit. Many previous manufacturers did not offer the clarity and interaction, and quickly disappeared. Its good to hear both negative and positive interaction. Both views can lead to better results, if the unruly crowd does not run the makers off in the meantime.
I paid full price for my unit, I like the device.

Last edited:

Vivant

Manufacturer
They are a probably exclusive usa distributor for vivant. Like flowermate USA is to smiss.

The material is rated to 265f and the rim with the screen is exposed to a chamber that can reach 428f. How is it not also a material problem?

Hello @Taz4101 Thank you for the feedback. Please don't get me wrong, I am by no means trying to say I know exactly or us as a company knows the exact cause of the problem and we are by no means ruling the material out. Every piece to this pie is fair game at this point.
My previous comments is just to say that at this point in time, the company does not feel we are close to a "recall" phase as members are concerned about. We are taking into consideration all the possibilities and performing a ton of tests to nail the issues and fix them. Earlier in the day we got report that all of the defective items seem to all have come from the same batch so far so as I mentioned I am a person of honesty, I don't like to keep information from the individuals with our products so I was just simply sharing what I know so far on behalf of our brand and company.

Can we maybe acknowledge as consumers of the Vivant product that the manufacturer has offered full support and response in the face of rather intense "scrutiny". I own a Vivant, it works well, it has all of the things I am looking for in a convection based, removable battery vape. The quality/performance issues are being worked on. Can we retain a measure of civility, it does not seem as if there are any shenanigans....

The vapes' creators have stated that they are also consumers who utilize the very same vape as we have access to. These guys are new to the scene and FC should be a resource for all who visit. Many previous manufacturers did not offer the clarity and interaction, and quickly disappeared. Its good to hear both negative and positive interaction. Both views can lead to better results, if the unruly crowd does not run the makers off in the meantime.

@mephisto Thank you. You guys will continue to have our support regardless. We are not going anywhere and will deal with any and every problem as they develop. We do not believe there has ever been a product designed and manufactured with no flaws at all. What we can do best is to learn from the situation, fix it and move on to a brighter future. Thank you -Emily

DarkSm0ke

I agree with @mephisto . These vapes are like $100 plus change. Seems like they are doing due diligence to make things right. No need to attack them, especially for the people who bought them on the gray market. I work for a company that has parts made in China that are assembled in USA mostly, but a small amount are made entirely over there. We have seen some of these parts out in the wild - not from us. Some of these factories sell off excess to whomever they want to, or make limited runs of other people's designs. It is hard to stop this sort of thing. It just happens. The OEM shouldn't be responsible for something they never sold and profited from IMO.

Top Bottom