Gear Victory Glassworks

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve been using a tallboy from Victory Glassworks as my main banger for a few months now, and decided to give their G5 Velorian slurper a try while they had a Black Friday sale. Thank goodness they had the sale; I actually snapped the neck on the first one dropping it in the sink cleaning it before its maiden voyage. A few days later I’m back in business and, oh my. The G5 is a superb piece, I was falling through 450° when I dropped the maiden, massive cloud of the most delicious vapor I’ve ever had. Plus the checkerboard pillar goes absolutely ballistic with even the smallest of draws.

I definitely recommend Victory if you’re looking to spend a bit on a high quality nail!

Texus

I’ve been using a tallboy from Victory Glassworks as my main banger for a few months now, and decided to give their G5 Velorian slurper a try while they had a Black Friday sale. Thank goodness they had the sale; I actually snapped the neck on the first one dropping it in the sink cleaning it before its maiden voyage. A few days later I’m back in business and, oh my. The G5 is a superb piece, I was falling through 450° when I dropped the maiden, massive cloud of the most delicious vapor I’ve ever had. Plus the checkerboard pillar goes absolutely ballistic with even the smallest of draws.

I definitely recommend Victory if you’re looking to spend a bit on a high quality nail!

Nice. I've got a couple of similar design coming from Terporium BOGO Black Friday sale coming.

Texus,
Reactions: Timps27

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I saw a guru glass just got a lava lamp banger from victory that looks really nice with his lava lamp rigs!

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

I was looking at those, they are definitely good looking pieces, I just have never seen one used so don’t know what the performance is like, the G5 is like a dream.

Oh if you have Instagram you can follow Guru I'm sure he will do a story with it in action soon enough...

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Oh if you have Instagram you can follow Guru I'm sure he will do a story with it in action soon enough...

Here it is:

Shit Snacks,

Timps27

After falling in love with the G5 (despite buying it twice) I saw they had a tallboy version in a holiday bundle, denoting that the accessory set would be included free and would either be the cheapest set they have, or some lucky sets would come with an upgraded accessory set. After having spent north of 500 in the last few months with Victory, and having had to buy the G5 twice (yes breaking it was my own fault, I told them as much in my account notes); my holiday bundle nail showed up with the cheapest possible accessory set.

Yes, they fulfilled my order 100% and owe me nothing. But it would have been a nice opportunity for some personal service to notice and drop one of the upgraded accessory bundles in my pack. Not at all required, but I shop with small businesses and artisans because they often tend to go the extra mile, understanding that all business is personal. I won't be avoiding Victory (I like their stuff), but my experience has been a lot more nameless and faceless than I hope for from an artisan small business.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Guru has a few videos in his story using the lava lamp banger today and it does look like very nice function! :nod:
I have it as well, and I love it. It's got great function although it takes a reasonable pull to get it going.

It really encourages a big dab so I end up overdoing it compared to other nails. But it's my current favorite. I suspect I will like it even more with the UTHS.

Timps27

I ordered one a few days ago, should be here today or tomorrow :D

Also grabbed a 66 from Pukinbeagle, plus a Tiny Diamond Apex cap and a gold quartz hollow pillar from Dnail. There’s a lot of crossover between VGW and Dnail, especially the Pukinbeagle stuff.

ETA: it’s been a stressful year at the office and I have a few lingering projects that are just compressing things. I went from a TerpReady autospinner as my best banger to a top tier kit all on holiday sales! :lol:

Timps27

Mail haul today! I haven't had a chance to hit any of them yet, just been unboxing, cleaning and giving everything a function test. Initial feedback? I was expecting the moon, and I so so so undershot.

The PB 66 with a PB hollow gold pillar and the tiny apex cap...if going from a cheapo High5 slurper to the G5 Velorian was going from black and white to color; the G5 to the 66 is SD color to 4KUHD, it is an absolute Cadillac nail.

Pictures do not do the Lava Lamp justice, it's a big piece! And handsome! A couple of fantastic pieces.

Timps27

I was so tempted to grab one of the Fueled by Mids pieces. It looks like really good work, plus best name/catch phrase ever!

ETA: I couldn’t edit my post from yesterday, but here’s a pick of the Lava Lamp that as promised does not do it justice. The angles require some extra effort for cleaning, otherwise this one might have become my daily.

Last edited:

mixchu69

I just saw the function video of the Pukinbeagle 66 and it’s a beauty. I am going to have to consult you @Timps27 as my resident subject matter expert on quartz nails

But my budget will be more in the $100-150 range

mixchu69,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Timps27

Haha, I appreciate the compliment, but I am absolutely just learning myself! But I will say that the G5 Valorian is worth every penny, I really like that nail. And if you got a silver rated with just the diamond valve cap and a checkerboard pillar it’s just at the top of your budget, $159. I think since you have a nice FbM piece to tide you over you could save up the extra $26 to get the gold ;)

Timps27

Anyone looking for a rig, a nail, or a rig and a nail take a look at this! The classic Diamond Tower is a great little nail, and it’s a throw in on a nice CB ball rig. If you use the code SALEXSALE right now you can get the rig+nail+pillar+cap shipped for less than the retail of the rig itself from CB direct!

Timps27

I have been digging Titan lately, 100mm tall 12mm internal; with a 9.6mm zirconia pearl and a discontinued BMG infrared pillar. It’s too bad the pillar is discontinued, it works sooooooo good with the Universal Heater. Soaking it at a lower temp than any other nail/pillar combo I have and it still comes out equal temp and holds temp a lot longer.

Rig is TAG

Last edited:
Timps27,
Top Bottom