Via Ferrata

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Wow that looks so sick, I could see a dope crouching tiger hidden dragon style fight happening there.

I'd love to go though, what a rush, all those ruins and the intense river and scenery. Would be amazing!

bluntfaced,

wthanna

I'll be honest... just watching that video almost gave me an anxiety attack! (I'm sitting here thinking about removing the word "almost" from that last sentence.. ) :uhoh:

wthanna,

Ben

I've been there this summer! :p Best vertigo around :o
It's in Andalucia (Spain) and is located on to the "desafiladero de los gaitanes"

you can reach the best part of this "camino", and avoid the first stiff meters which are purposely dismantled, using a railway gallery that passes just behind. :brow:

Well, this is what I was told by the waiter of the bar when I was having a beer there and that I was staring at people trying to put a foot after the other on the so called stairs. :D

Ben,

Purple-Days

If you haven't looked up Via Ferrata, it's a permanently 'protected' route. Look it up, it's a bit scary even if you are clipped in. Still gonna scrape your asss and maybe break something important, like an arm or headbone if you take a stumble.

Here is a typical Via Ferrrata setup (with harness ((and main locking caribiner, I suupose?, proper shoes etc...)) http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3659204 or a better set... http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3659203

Black Diamond always made a great climbing gear catalog and I think if I ever climb another slope, above or below ground, it will be with their stuff or Petzl only. Trust is important.

Wow, Ben... Did you take the 'camino'? Wow!!! MOst of it looks sketchy, but the tightrope walks on the railroad steel freak me out. I have walked a bit of track in my days as a kid... not sure I can now days... and the threat of a nasty fall... whoow... maybe I am getting old... :cool:

Purple-Days,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Fuck that tie rope around waist, tie rope to beaner clip beaner to rope, good to go.

Just kidding, I have a climbing harness, I don't see how it would be very useful there though, do you clip on to the line again after every rung holding it to the wall?

What does "protected" route mean?

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom