VHW vs LSV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish420

VHW vs LSV Showdown? The VHW used to be on a class of it's own but now there are competitors seeking the most awesome vapor experience.

Although these products seem very similar in regards to what they are capable of, i've yet to see a comprehensive review on both of them side to side. For everyone thats wondering what an LSV or a VHW is..

LSV (Life Saber Vaporizer)
http://www.lifesabervaporizer.com/

VHW (Vriptech Heat Wand)
http://www.vriptech.com/

So here's my question..

Has anyone here used both? I've already purchased the VHW this past sunday, a few days later a friend told me about the LSV--Which looks pretty damn similar and a lot more sturdy for pretty much the same money, maybe 20 bucks more for the LSV but with a better warranty and durability at its side, 20 bucks is very little more to pay. Here is what I mean by that; my main usage of the VHW will be through a water pipe (not sure how else you can use it). The LSV however not only offers water pipe usage but direct usage without the need of a water pipe as well, so if I don't feel like loading up the water pipe and whatnot I could then just fire up the LSV and vaporize away.

So anyways, heres my price comparison chart:

VHW
------------------
Wand: 199.99
Bowl: 59.99
Shipping: 17.44
------------------
TOTAL: 277.42

LSV
------------------
Wand: 299.99
Bowl(Sort of): FREE
Shipping: FREE
Travel Case: FREE
Pyrex Wand: FREE
3yr Warranty: FREE
Durability: PRICELESS!
------------------
TOTAL: 299.99

Ok so only joking around about the durability being priceless, but lets say we DO drop / have someone else manhandle our new 300 dollar piece of equipment and the glass breaks. The replacement for the VHW is 99.99, where as for the LSV its 19.99, and the LSV seems a lot more resistant to breakage in the first place.

Take a look at this video @ about 2:47 to see what I mean by durable..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQTpaDUZZIM&NR=1

Now, with ALL of that said. The BIGGEST concern I have about the product i'm receiving is the quality / quantity of the vapor that I get out of the vaporizer. This is where i'd need someone that has tried both enough to give a non-biased honest opinion. I'm fine with keeping the VHW if it's going to get me the best quality vapor / biggest draws, but if the LSV is only a fraction less "awesome" as the VHW in comparison to quality / quantity, i'd rather get the LSV knowing that I have durability and a 3yr warranty on my side. Not to mention, 7th Floor usually adds a bunch of custom attachments / accessories for you to buy for your pieces.

Can anyone here honestly say that the vapor that you get from the VHW is better than the LSV, which you seem to get so much more for the same money? And if so, is it worth the durability / warranty / travel case loss?

Thanks in advance,
-Ish :)

Ish420,

Nosferatu

I only answer because I doubt too many will have used both of those already. I have NOT used the VHW. But I can compare the LSV to Da Buddha and the PD, and say it is more efficient than each, and takes my small amount(.05-.1) further than any vape Ive ever used, and Ive used most the big hitters/popular vapes. I only chime in because I couldnt imagine the VHW being much better, but of course I cant say that. With .1 or less I get 10 or so milky bloads with the LSV and the bud is only golden brown. I dont even understand what it does differently than DBV, but it just keeps on hitting and hitting...

Sorry if this is completely useless to you, I just fell in love with the LSV and cant stop worshipping it. And I compared the two extensively and decided the LSV is better, but that was just from looking here and doing research. :lol:

Nosferatu,

lwien

More efficient than the PD? Wow.... ! Didn't know that was possible.

lwien,

Ish420

Well I had already ordered the VHW so i'm pretty much locked down to that decision, I could order both and compare, and possibly get a bud of mine to buy the other off me haha. Or.. when I get mine we can do some comparisons against Nosferatu's LSV vs my VHW? Like .1 = 10 nice hits for you, maybe i only get 8 or 12, idk.. Did yours ship quickly? I ordered mine last sunday and have yet to get any tracking for it yet :(

Ish420,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have both now :D

Lets not forget you need to order the water pipe bowl for the LSV, it no longer comes in the standard package. I am waiting for mine to be shipped from 7th Floor currently.

I have liked the LSV since i got it. But even before receiving the water pipe adapter bowl i am going to guess it will not be nearly as effective as a wand as the VHW. i can tell the heating element tends to scorch the center of the bowl more then the outside, similar to the SSV and DBV. At this time i also don't think the heat retention of the LSV is on par with the VHW, and i doubt i could hit a piece of glass as hard as i can with the LSV like i am able to do with the VHW. I will compare better once i have the water pipe adapter.

IAmKrazy2,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Nosferatu: as asked on the LSV thread, could you give me more details on this efficiency:

FLskwat said:
Nosferatu said:
I tried as little as 1 PD stem(.025) and it gets many hits. And also you can pack it down in the normal wand to get the elbow pack effect, or crush it up in hand and then suck it up which packs it down hard for a final strong hit.

I usually pack .05 though, seems like the perfect amount for a single person.

Weighted .025? How many is many hits? :D I know totally unmeasurable as we all have different hits... but more or less...
This is really interesting. I really think .05 is also the solo perfect amount on my SSV; .025: 4 pulls max...
I have to test better my friend's LSV, it didn't feel any different from my SSV on the conservative side!

"The elbow pack effect" interest is having the material so close to the heater=improvement of efficiency on ridiculous loads. Physically, the distance between heater & bowl is already superior in the LSV compared to a non MOD SSV/much further from a MOD SSV... I just had to pack more (not much more but more) in the LSV to get the same air/vape ratio...
I am not saying your statement isn't true at all, I haven't figured out how it can be true while testing both devices!

FLskwat,

Ish420

IAmKrazy2 said:
I have both now :D

Lets not forget you need to order the water pipe bowl for the LSV, it no longer comes in the standard package. I am waiting for mine to be shipped from 7th Floor currently.

I have liked the LSV since i got it. But even before receiving the water pipe adapter bowl i am going to guess it will not be nearly as effective as a wand as the VHW. i can tell the heating element tends to scorch the center of the bowl more then the outside, similar to the SSV and DBV. At this time i also don't think the heat retention of the LSV is on par with the VHW, and i doubt i could hit a piece of glass as hard as i can with the LSV like i am able to do with the VHW. I will compare better once i have the water pipe adapter.

I just checked the site a minute ago, according to this link ( http://lifesabervaporizer.com/lsv.html ) the water pipe adaptor is included, i even added it to my cart and it made me choose between a 14 or 19mm adaptor. Are you sure it longer comes with the package?

Ish420,

Nosferatu

Sorry to not have responded in the LSV thread I didn't notice. I assumed the SSV and DBV hit the same, I think that may be wrong. So while my LSV hits better and you can use less than with the DBV, maybe its only still on par with the SSV, I wouldn't know though. But I do know now either way I wouldn't want to use whips anymore after tasting the superiority of glass only.

@FLskwat: Well if you get four pulls with .025 maybe its the same as the SSV, I would have to test again.

@lwien: I know efficiency is subjective so to me its more efficient. As in .025 out of the PD wouldn't get me fully to where I wanna be. But out of the LSV it would, maybe because of the fact I can start vaping low then go to a temp a little higher than my PD can go to. So using the same amount out of the two i feel the LSV extracts everything better, and over more hits, but of course that means more air to vapor ratio. But if you pack it down it hits sooo potently. And anyways I still use .05-.1 so I can see it milk and really get surely medicated.

@Ish420: I only wanted to weigh in on the LSV because IMO it SEEMS supior because of the same reasons you posted. Dont underestimate the greatness of having the transfer wand option. Its great for the car or relaxing outside. It really gives the feeling of sampling high quality meds for taste and potency, I hit it over the Sheldon Black sometimes for taste alone.

Nosferatu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
From the actual website (7th Floor official site for LSV) the adapter may be included. I bought from VapeWorld and was able to call in and get a 10% discount. I ended up ordering accessories directly from 7th Floor, but prefer to supports VapeWorld for the actual vaporizer purchase. They shipped same day with excellent customer service. Discounts codes don't work on the LSV, but after i sent an email, they hooked me up via phone.

IAmKrazy2,

Ash057

Nosferatu said:
@Ish420: I only wanted to weigh in on the LSV because IMO it SEEMS supior because of the same reasons you posted. Dont underestimate the greatness of having the transfer wand option. Its great for the car or relaxing outside. It really gives the feeling of sampling high quality meds for taste and potency, I hit it over the Sheldon Black sometimes for taste alone.

Same here. The transfer wand gives pure perfect taste!

Ash057,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Great answer Nosferatu thx! ;)
And yes I was totally feeling you on the taste superiority of GonG vs. the tubing, till I found my silicone heaven (freezed or not) + Aquavape... total satisfaction!

FLskwat,

Ish420

Ash057 said:
Nosferatu said:

Same here. The transfer wand gives pure perfect taste!

Would you say better than out of a water pipe?

Ish420,

DaProfessor

I can comment on the taste of glass over ceramic. Don't get me wrong, it's not like having an exposed heater makes everything taste gross. The VHW does give the cleanest tasting hit I've ever had. However, I wouldn't purchase the VHW over the LSV just for taste. I also doubt the LSV can achieve the even heating and massive vapor/air ratio of the VHW. I was a doubter that the VHW could really milk a tube with vapor until I actually tried it. It's amazing. I've had something like an SSV, which I believe the LSV is pretty much a redesigned version. It worked great and I enjoyed the experience very much. However, it's vapor/air ration cannot reach that of the VHW or even a log vape.

I would say that if you want a vape you can use multiple times per day, every day, in different ways, get the LSV. But if you already have a daily vape, get the VHW. I have other vapes I use on a daily basis, so the VHW is only used when I want to do large hits through my glass. Even then, sometimes I'll choose to use my zap because it's less fragile and probably already on. Log vapes can milk a tube pretty good.

Nosferatu

Everyone seems to strive for the best vapor to air ratio, always wanting the most potent hit. First of all if your milking a whole bong and inhaling it all, for me at least, if it was any more potent than what the LSV gives me, it would be way to potent. I think its unhealthy to get way over potent hits that force coughing and tickling of nose/throat. The LSV's vapor to air ratio is more like a bag vape(well it can be much more potent if you want) so the hits dont hurt at all even when your taking a whole bload. I dont think its healthy to get so much THC at once, not to mention the bowl will be done way quicker, and its hard to hold in those iritating hits. Maybe thats why you get so many damn hits with the LSV. What I'm trying to say is the LSV gives the perfect vapor/air ratio IMO. And Ive used almost all the different types of popular vapes here.

Nosferatu,

max

Out to lunch
Nosferatu said:
I think its unhealthy to get way over potent hits that force coughing and tickling of nose/throat.

I dont think its healthy to get so much THC at once

While coughing is no fun, I'd take exception to your opinion that it's unhealthy. Coughing is a reflex to clear the lungs and doesn't do permanent harm. I'd also doubt that getting more THC in your lungs than you can handle would qualify as unhealthy.

What I'm trying to say is the LSV gives the perfect vapor/air ratio IMO.
Just as there is no best vaporizer for everyone, there is no perfect vapor to air ratio either. It's all personal preference.

Defend your vape of choice all you want, but let's not go overboard with statements about big hits being unhealthy or suggest that the LSV has the vapor/air ratio that we should all covet. Those aren't the kind of claims we like to see on this forum.

max,

Nosferatu

My apologies max, my over-opinionated mind is running loose again...

I didn't know it wasn't unhealthy to get too big a vapor hit, it always gives me an inner pain with those kinda hits. Awesome to know its not harmful like I always thought. Time to try some new techniques this means...

Nosferatu,

DaProfessor

As you can see, an LSV and VHW is almost like comparing apples to oranges. LSV was designed to do everything and the VHW was designed to do one specific thing. It comes down to that. Do you need something that does everything or are you ok with only one type of vapor experience?

DaProfessor,
This is a great and necessary thread. Are we safe saying the vhw has a superior vapor to air ratio than the lsv? If intended for that purpose is it superior?

charliedontsurf,

hereatlast

charliedontsurf, we are not safe saying that. I think max's post contained a great perspective on this issue, namely:

"Just as there is no best vaporizer for everyone, there is no perfect vapor to air ratio either. It's all personal preference."

hereatlast,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I am not sure if this is like "comparing apples to oranges". Maybe more like comparing a red delicious to a granny smith. :lol:

Anyhow, I would give my vote to the VHW, as it has an all glass airpath (and no exposed heating element).

However, I would give the LSV an honorable mention for its superior reputation for durability (despite how recently it came on the market).

Progress,

DaProfessor

If this is the OP's first vape, I think the LSV would be the best choice. It lets you sample many of the common the vapor methods (minus bags). It should also be fairly durable and easy to use. I think that the VHW should only be a first/only vape if the user has a lot of experience using smoking glassware. No matter how amazing the VHW is, the fact is that it is still mostly glass and fragile. Once you have experience with vaporizing and really wan't to have a dedicated glass vape, then get the VHW. The VHW is also a good choice if you want to take as few hits as possible per bowl.

DaProfessor,

Ish420

DaProfessor said:
If this is the OP's first vape, I think the LSV would be the best choice. It lets you sample many of the common the vapor methods (minus bags). It should also be fairly durable and easy to use. I think that the VHW should only be a first/only vape if the user has a lot of experience using smoking glassware. No matter how amazing the VHW is, the fact is that it is still mostly glass and fragile. Once you have experience with vaporizing and really wan't to have a dedicated glass vape, then get the VHW. The VHW is also a good choice if you want to take as few hits as possible per bowl.

Pretty much the only thing I inhale through at this time is a water pipe, my friend has an SSV and I was thinking about getting one of those, but only to use it through my glass, I never really enjoyed using it straight as I would get particles flying into my mouth, and it wasn't as smooth / cool as i'd like. When he showed me i could attatch my pipe to his SSV and vape through it i was excited, I love taking water pipe rips, and seeing the large cloud of smoke/vapor, and the VHW seemed to offer that for me, wasn't too sure if the LSV could offer the same experience though..

Ish420,

Ennui Cookout

I just found this thread wondering if anyone has really looked at both vapes in-depth. It's almost been ten months since the last post here, but there's a few lingering questions and I thought it'd be great to get a summary comparing the two. Maybe someone could give the following a shot:

1. Do they both retain heat well? Is the VHW's digital temp control a significant advantage you easily notice?
2. Would you rank both among the top in taste? Which one do you prefer and how strongly?
3. Which of the two would you feel is lower maintenance and easier to clean?
4. Would you trust either of them with novices?

If anyone could really answer any of the above, that'd be really fantastic.

Ennui Cookout,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom