Vertigo 10 Arm Tree Hydra-Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

t00fatt

*Apparently the link to my picture died and my previous thread was closed, so I'm relisting my ad*

I'm desperately trying to get enough funds together for a Nimbus/Eagle upgrade. I'd really like to hold onto this piece due to sentimental value, as it was one of the original hydratubes from the cloud launch, but is really the only thing I have of value to sell.

This piece hasn't been used much as I prefer the ergonomics of my bent neck pieces, and obviously has never seen any combustion. It does however, have a few 2mm beads wedged between a couple of the tree arms and the can. I used to use small glass beads instead of salt when cleaning, so I could gently slosh the alcohol around rather than shake the whole piece to death. I've never been bothered by them, in fact I think it helps with the diffusion, and they are not very noticeable unless you are looking for them. I'm sure they would come out with a vigorous shake, but I've just always been hesitant to shake any of my pieces as I can't afford to replace them. The vertigo label also has some very minor peeling/chipping along the edges, which unfortunately is common to most if not all the vertigo hydra tubes. Thanks for looking!

Asking $195 Shipped Bombproof

IMG_20130711_171234_zps7fe96105.jpg

*More Pictures to be Added*

t00fatt

It's a 18mm joint, and I'm not sure on the thickness of the glass. But maybe some other members can chime in on that.

Here are pictures of the label and the beads I mentioned, sorry for taking so long to post them up.
IMG_20130716_140947_zps69bec202.jpg

IMG_20130716_141032_zps96072fe2.jpg

t00fatt,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Wish I had the spare change for this. I would really like to get a hydratube.

GLWS

ILoveCollege,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
First, obviously is an 18 as it was built for the cloud. Second, this piece is somewhat of a Gem cause they can't be found anymore. Lastly, all of VXC's glass are top notch. I don't think they have ever put out anything thinner than 5mm.

Hey college, just trying to help but do you understand what a hydra-tube is? Do you have a cloud? Please don't take offense to my comment, I truly only want to help. But by asking if it's 18 or 14 tells me you might end up buying something that may not work for you. :tup:

Now, anyone who realizes what this is should truly scoop it up. If I wasn't broke it would be mine, I would gladly drive to Gainseville to pick it up! Interested in any trades?

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
First, obviously is an 18 as it was built for the cloud. Second, this piece is somewhat of a Gem cause they can't be found anymore. Lastly, all of VXC's glass are top notch. I don't think they have ever put out anything thinner than 5mm.

Hey college, just trying to help but do you understand what a hydra-tube is? Do you have a cloud? Please don't take offense to my comment, I truly only want to help. But by asking if it's 18 or 14 tells me you might end up buying something that may not work for you. :tup:

Now, anyone who realizes what this is should truly scoop it up. If I wasn't broke it would be mine, I would gladly drive to Gainseville to pick it up! Interested in any trades?

Well the reason I asked I had interest in this but I also had a friend who is looking for a hydratube for his vape. I own a Pax with a custom fit 18/18 male to male adapter and a friend owns a 14/14 glass adapter for his Pinnacle, so my reasoning behind this was to figure out if we had the change who would be the lucky one to call dibs. Sadly I have the right adapter piece but don't have the money.

And with your last paragraph you make me want this a bit more than I should..

ILoveCollege,
Reactions: mvapes

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
And with your last paragraph you make me want this a bit more than I should..
I agree with that too! I had already wanted this quite a bit because I'm rocking the stock glass mouthpiece with my Cloud, but I'm also paying off debt and don't want to add further to that debt.

Second, this piece is somewhat of a Gem cause they can't be found anymore.

I wish you had posted that before I searched the web for like an hour the other day looking for what this thing went for new just to appease my curiosity. :p

I'm sorry that I don't really have anything informational to add. I just hope someone scoops this up because if it sticks around for too much longer I might cave. :lol: I really shouldn't be spending more money at the moment.

Pickz,
Reactions: mvapes

t00fatt

Appreciate the kind words, glad it's not just me who appreciates the rarity and value of this piece. Sorry I'm not looking for any trades, just funds for my nimbus/eagle upgrade. I'm also beginning to think I'd rather sell my new persei instead. There's only a couple weeks left on the nimbus campaign, and my persei would likely sell more quickly and be less missed in the end. I just had a session with the vertigo, and she will most definitely be missed. :(

EDIT:
I wish you had posted that before I searched the web for like an hour the other day looking for what this thing went for new just to appease my curiosity. :p

They went for about $250 new, and seeing as it was a launch piece and is no longer available, I hope my price seems fair. One day when the name VXL is as mainstream as the volcano, this piece may be worth quite a bit, at least that's my hope/fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom