Discontinued Versa Infinity - The Glass Vaporizer

Do you like our vaporizer so far?

• yep.

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • nope.

Votes: 47 29.9%

• Total voters

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO:
--- if Versa addresses overheating bowls and units problems...
--- try to really found a real ALL GLASS PATHWAY (screens are the loose link yet in mostly high tech vape now)
---- keep this powerful heater or try to upgrade to something even better without loosing actual performance
---- a la e-nail or other nail performance is another goal that many vapes are struggling. No opinion in here...
--- IMO if the flavor ( airpath related maybe?? ) is improved we are seeing a really heavy hitter desktop.
It really medicates me fast. I improved my technique a lot. Not so much burning. Still hot as it can get.

I did 3 back to back EQ cap bottom male loads... This is an old pic, just to show no original screen but EQ dome cap as new bowl screen...
sd1d.jpg

1/4 teaspoon each load. Exactly the size that male joint holds to the top of it when the EQ cap is placed.
116V boosting cranking the Blaze Tire perc.
1 stir in between 2 massive lung busters. Flavor neutral. At least not too much popcorn taste.
5 minutes top to cash 3 extra even dark brown ABV bowls.... NO combustion.
If Versa addresses some of my opinions they'll have my approval again.
Stay vaped...

Last edited:
Just a little bit of a follow up from yesterday. I'm still very impressed and very happy. My reasons for wanting the Infinity were that I was looking for a more powerful home unit that would extract quickly with big clouds and nice flavor. I'm a cloud chaser. I admit it. I have most certainly found that in this vape. Certainly there is a lot more experimenting to be done but this thing is a home run as far as I'm concerned. If it can be improved upon before being released properly this will be a major success. What was the suggested retail price for the unit? $250-300. Shit at that price point this thing is going to sell like hotcakes. If Versa can get their shit fully together I think they are going to make a lot of money and make a lot of people very happy here.

Edit: I have also added the Versa Infinity logo back in to my signature after having deleted it. I am happy to own this thing.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I haven't had a ton of time to putz around with the Infinity yet. But I did milk a couple tubes, maybe 2 bowls. I have a VXH Cloud and while I can't make a complete analysis yet, I am pretty much able to milk a Mobius Ion the same using either vape. I certainly haven't had alot of time yet, but I am very happy so far. I think it will only get better as I dial in my technique better. Heat not a problem, especially holding it below the holes. I don't believe my LSV was much cooler to the touch, if at all. Keck clips came with mine but I haven't had any bowl issue yet. I know this is kinda scattered but just trying to get some initial impressions down.
Oh, my power supply works well, tiny bit finicky to get exact temp(off by maybe 1 or 2 degrees), but don't see spikes up or down, no whistle like some have heard. Mine goes to max temp of 117. I have used 65 80 115 so far, flavor at 65 was great.

I don't regret jumping in on this at all, and am actually liking it more than anticipated so far.

Edit: Used some Tragic(Trainwreck x Magic), I can pick out almost every flavor profile, set at 64-65.
VERY NICE!!!

Last edited:
Glad you are liking it Silver420Surfer. It seems that this unit may be extremely versatile. It is pleasing cloud chasers. It is pleasing flavor lovers. Plus we have just got started. I'm going to pick up a hookah pipe in the next day or so to try that. I'm also very keen to try it out with a whip.

Here are a few points I have noted;

- a packing tool might be nice. Its not so easy to pack the flower bowl. I think some kind of funnel tool would be great. I'm actually using the tray from my scales as a makeshift funnel and it works well.

- the flower bowl gets dirty fast. As others have mentioned there is a circle of avb build up after only a couple of bowls. Not the end of the world but not desirable for the OCD among us.

- cleaning the flower bowl - I have already cleaned the hell out of the flower bowl because I combusted a couple of times. I used very hot water and a brush. It worked well. However, it still had the foul smell of combustion so I used a very small amount of dishwashing gel. It cleaned it up nicely and removed the smell. I gave it another thorough hot water wash and then dried it thoroughly. It was clean with no real remaining smell from either the combustion or washing.

- the flower bowl needs to be stirred for full extraction. The wooden stick is fine for now but I think everyone is going to want something nicer. This is a classy vape so I want the accessories to be the same. I am now looking for some kind of glass pick/stirring tool. Some of you probably already have something suitable. Perhaps something from 7th Floor??

- I'm curious as to where Versa are hoping this vape will fit in to the vape market and at what final retail price. If it remains so much cheaper than other heavy hitting desk vapes it will be very attractive in that regards.

- Usability - I am a bit worried that once I break the flower bowl the vape is going to be unusable for a while. I have already dropped the flower bowl and broken off the glass arm thingy. I want to stock up on flower bowls asap. My knowledge is very limited in this area and I am not confident to mix and match pieces. Plus I have to order them online and then hope I have it right. For me this is a negative at this point in time.

- I don't understand what to do with the concentrate bowl. Would appreciate some tips from Versa. A vid would be great.

- Regarding the casing I think this needs a little work aesthetically. At the moment everything is kind of mismatched. I like the base but it doesn't match the frosted glass. I'd love it to all match. Also, we know it is glass on the inside. Perhaps it would look better with a more uniform outer casing, all matching, many choices, etc. I see this as a positive though. Versa could easily develop similar colours and accessories as 7th Floor have with the SSV. It could look very sexy and certainly provide Versa with additional revenue sources while making vaporists happy. The accessories market for Versa will be huge if dealt with smartly and creatively.

- About the power supply - It is touchy. I also need to turn it about half way before getting any reading. It is kind of like trying to hit the sweet spot on a radio. No big deal for me.

peace

grokit

well-worn member
I haven't had a ton of time to putz around with the Infinity yet. But I did milk a couple tubes, maybe 2 bowls. I have a VXH Cloud and while I can't make a complete analysis yet, I am pretty much able to milk a Mobius Ion the same using either vape. I certainly haven't had alot of time yet, but I am very happy so far. I think it will only get better as I dial in my technique better. Heat not a problem, especially holding it below the holes. I don't believe my LSV was much cooler to the touch, if at all. Keck clips came with mine but I haven't had any bowl issue yet. I know this is kinda scattered but just trying to get some initial impressions down.
Oh, my power supply works well, tiny bit finicky to get exact temp(off by maybe 1 or 2 degrees), but don't see spikes up or down, no whistle like some have heard. Mine goes to max temp of 117. I have used 65 80 115 so far, flavor at 65 was great.

I don't regret jumping in on this at all, and am actually liking it more than anticipated so far.

Edit: Used some Tragic(Trainwreck x Magic), I can pick out almost every flavor profile, set at 64-65.
VERY NICE!!!

Cool, that's kind of what I am hoping for with the G1, kind of a backup cloud.
With a bonus hookah bowl :science:

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I find the Versa to be a more powerful E-Nano @Reflections . I think the big difference will come down to adaptability and concentrates. If done well, the Versa could be used in almost any situation (tube, whip, bag, hookah). I found the hookah attachment to be a good bonus. I get fairly smooth lung busting hits through the hookah and the same with the tube. They both have the hot bowl issue when used through water. If you have more specific questions please ask. I'm a bit flustered due to travel delays and work BS. My apologies. If only I could bring my medicine with me.

Adobewan

- cleaning the flower bowl - I have already cleaned the hell out of the flower bowl because I combusted a couple of times. I used very hot water and a brush. It worked well. However, it still had the foul smell of combustion so I used a very small amount of dishwashing gel. It cleaned it up nicely and removed the smell. I gave it another thorough hot water wash and then dried it thoroughly. It was clean with no real remaining smell from either the combustion or washing.
- the flower bowl needs to be stirred for full extraction. The wooden stick is fine for now but I think everyone is going to want something nicer. This is a classy vape so I want the accessories to be the same. I am now looking for some kind of glass pick/stirring tool. Some of you probably already have something suitable. Perhaps something from 7th Floor??
peace

@Mr. Gweilo 420 Next time you need to thoroughly clean your glass, consider a soak in ISO and/or a rub down in coconut oil.
Both work quick and easy!
For heavy cleanings, look into PBW:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

@Adobewan - thanks for that. I was looking for some tips actually but didn't want to look like a doofus by asking :ko: I gave my f-bomb an iso + salt clean yesterday as well and it worked well. (Actually I should add that the iso available to me is very weak but it still worked). That PBW stuff looks like the good oil to me. Will have to try to get some.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Concentrates.
Cranked dial all the way up to max(117-118 stays steady), loaded a little honeycomb on the frit piece, set 2nd part of concentrate bowl back on top, ripped a humongus, tasty rip(Lemon Larry Og), used a little boost, whited out the Mobius, AH! Noticed a nice chunk of the dab, running down thru the frit, and sticking to the insides of the bowl. BUT, damn, that was a tasty rip. Did I mention it was really fricking tasty? Definitely has room for improvement currently(beta), but the Infinity is really gonna shine here I have a feeling. First go round and I see nowhere to go but up in relation to how well ths thing will do concentrates. I saw a great E-nano video the other day(I'm not saying his name, he'll just get an inflated ego lol), where it was being used with concentrates. After just one concentrate session, I am confident to say the Infinity can match or exceed when used the same way. A different redesign of the concentrate bowl will only help to improve an already strong feature.

***Just noticed my power supply dropped to 115v after I turned on my little space heater, both plugged into surge protector. It had been 117-118 steady for awhile. Probably more an issue of my power draw, than issue with power supply. Turnd off heater, BAM 117-118. Doubt it's an issue , but for those who mentioned theirs didn't hit 117, maybe this is why.***

2nd attempt with concentrates:
Used an ELB from my Cloud. I turned the frit part of the C-Bowl upside down with the gong joint sticking up, in the top joint I put any empty ELB and did the 2-cap method.(double stack two lids to avoid drip thru) then slid the 2nd part of the C-bowl on like normal. Load dab in top cap, invert Infinity, and rip. Ooh Yeaa!(Macho Man Randy Savage voice) ELB sat a little higher, so more heat closer to dab. This has much potential, and is still very functional and enjoyable currently. The taste and size and amount of cloudage is on par with my Cloud+ using and ELB and cotton. I am very impressed and kinda new to not using Ti and torch or Persei/Herc for concentrates. I am enjoying the steady consistent flavor I have gotten with either the Cloud+ or Versa Infinity when used with oil.

Enough testing for now.
Hope I made some kinda sense after all the :science:-ing I did.
:peace:

Zangano Cruel

I don't have at the moment a 18M18F.
I tricked it with a EQ bowl...
be8j.jpg

Works ok. But even at 117V + boost I wasn't reaching full extraction.
ABV light brown. Using OG bowl let me cash that ABV to dark brown...
2kt5.jpg

I tried with the 18F oil bowl tube. Better results this time.
tdfx.jpg

Versa... Infinity... Any adapter will work if you DIY and find the right screen.
I even tried herb inside the bent 18F14M mated with the 18M14F capped with ELB mod cap.
25ps.jpg

But my favorite so far (need to find a silicone high temp rated food grade ring to seal heater to funnel Möbius bowl. Really liking it :)
2ybw.jpg

To make a better seal, DIY funnel with baking paper :science:
hvlz.jpg

@PhotoRider DIY stir tool works wonders. Cork with needle :)
I just insert in the hole of bowl. Cork seals bowl. Shake bowl. Herb contents hitting needle stir by itself.

u64g.jpg

Note to Versa: this method allows the bowl to remain fairly warm to touch very fast. No more burn fingers.

To beta testers: try at home DIY unused 18M flower bowls.
Even better, a 18M18F with EQ cap will be ideal.
Remember: sipping can lead to combustion.
This vape IMO is crank your WT!!!!

Okay here is another update;

Just had another test session (Day 2). Finely ground .2 sativa (Strain unknown) and split 50/50 for 2 bowls. First bowl set to "Lucky 88v". So far this temp has served me well. Let it heat up for about 10 minutes (by the way - I turn it off but Versa have told me it is okay to leave the unit on pretty much all the time) and then hit it. 2 really nice hits. Then unfortunately I went mucho loco. I jacked it up to 100w and decided to see if I could extract more. I got a whispy kind of hit and then things went downhill. Despite my own warnings I just couldn't help myself. I hit boost and instantly combusted :puke: It was totally my own fault but man I hate that shit. So off for a 20 minute cleaning break. Lesson learned. I will never touch the boost when vaping herb ever again. Ummm .. well until next time anyway.:\

So second session I went for 100w. .1 went nicely in basically one huge rip and one whispier hit. I then decided to crank it up to maximum power. This for me was only 107w. No doubt related to my particular location. Anyway it produced a very tiny whispy hit. Not worth bothering with imo.

This combustion thing is something that I need to master. Put it this way I am getting a very complete extraction and thick, dense, flavorful vapor without hitting boost. I'm really thinking boost is for concentrates and daredevils only. It is just so tempting though.

Has anyone tried packing the flower bowl with a large load yet? say .3 which many users of Pax, Volcano, Plenty, etc., may use from time to time. We are all looking at the loads from a personal usage point of view. Does this have potential as a session vape? Group usage may be interesting or perhaps the hookah may be more appropriate. I will be sharing with 2 others later this week.

Anyway, I'm really high and that at the end of the day is the name of the game for me. The Infinity seems to take me to a happy place.:nod::leaf:

Last edited:

GR

@Mr. Gweilo 420. I have been doing some bigger loads on the hookah setup. I will do some weighing later today to see what I am loading. I even took some bud and just crammed it in with out breaking it up, it needed two stirs but I got 15 very large hits from the load while reclined on the sofa.

More to come today.

Update: kids at school, wife at work, and I have time to play. I have my replacement Versa and control bowl, hookah is sitting here with a hookah bowl packed with .62g of primo green, 95v and 10 thin hits in with no stir to rough hand broken bud. Just stirred, very dark brown at top of load but no burnt taste so far. 5 more big rips using boost at 95v, final hit lost flavor and I checked, some dark brown to almost black at top of load but stirring showed an even brown everywhere else. Very good for hand broken herb that where chunks.

Next is .53g of medium fine grind, slightly compressed to get it low enough in the bowl for distance to the heater. 3 thin, tasty hits at 92v, 3 flavorful medium hits at 97v, checked for stirring, dark brown top layer but not black yet, 4 on the verge of big hits at 100v, not as tasty but still flavor, stirred, 3 more big hits and flavor is pretty much gone. Dumped, a little light brown, a little very dark almost black brown and a lot of chocolate brown ABV.

All in all a good learning session for me and I am wicked ripped and I don't often get that way from flower.
Grinding gives better results but good results without using one as well.
.5g is a comfortable amount for the hookah bowl, not sure about the regular flower bowl yet.
97-100v with .5 is a good setting to start from with no boost on the hookah.
I need another hookah bowl cause the loading side gets HOT and is pointless to try and load again.
Stirring is a must for best results but some sacrifices can be made to get multiple bigs rips inbetween.
The Versa is a beast and has more then enough heat and then some.
Versa does not shy away from big fast draws yet is providing great small sips.

Well I have a busy day, a g of flower ground up in front of me and concentrates need a testing through the hookah, back to the grind stone.

Update 2: .49g medium fine grind, 87v and a pulsing boost with stir after each hit, 4 really big tasty hits with lots of coughing in between, 5th hit was flavorless and I stopped to avoid coughing. ABV darker on top half of bowl, 1/2g might be a little to much compressions now it am going to go get horizontal for a bit.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

I've been searching through old boxes, finding as many as possible used/new
18M combustion bowls.
They work very well with an EQ cap as screen.
I'm PBWing them, after ISOing them.
Shiny new bowls.
Just try to find those that will hold as better as possible the 18M heater.
The biggest the hole in the bowl, the better actually. Easier for loading and stirring.
Pictures later...

Here's one of the pics DIY.
I don't have a 18M18F... No problem, I dremmeled a broken 18F downstem :science:
Not the best of the job cutting the downstem next to the 18M but it works :tup:
It allows me to play with lower Vs since load is closer to heater now than OG bowl. I went to 117V and no combustion.
It gets hotter than a combustion bowl for sure. I pick it with tongs and hold it with skewer for pic...
owd9.jpg

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Nice Hookah report @GR :tup: So did you perform the heater/body swap yourself or did you get a whole new unit?

Mister G,
@GR - great testing man. Wow you are hardcore. Sounds like you vaped well over 2 grams. I hope you enjoyed laying down for a while :) My mission today is to try to locate a hookah pipe. Hopefully I can get one today but if not will have one by Saturday.

Just quickly I did more testing last night. I found I get a lot more hits with indica vs. sativa but that is generally the case anyway. I actually cranked it to maximum power (without boost). It worked great. I was using .1 loads and getting around 5-6 pretty good hits. 107w is my maximum power for the time being. It is quite enough. Also my avb was pretty much exactly what I would hope for. It is evenly coloured, completely dry and brittle with no hints of blackness.

For those chasing clouds I think this vape is a lot like others in that the more material you load the bigger your clouds will be. So far my best results have been at 95w with .2 sativa. Massive thick clouds.

Also I should add that I am finding the flavor very nice. I don't get the premium strains that a lot of you can get but even for me it is tasting good. You guys with access to dispensary grade gear or better will be in heaven.

Top Bottom