VerdaVap - An analogue butane powered ball vape, designed for use in a water pipe.

sagey

We’ll put me on the list, this looks awesome. Would the VerdaVap function with a smaller torch? Like maybe a GB2001? Or is a proper dab torch just the way to go

sagey,
Reactions: 364F

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
We’ll put me on the list, this looks awesome. Would the VerdaVap function with a smaller torch? Like maybe a GB2001? Or is a proper dab torch just the way to go
It'll work yeah, but heat up times will be a little longer. For reference, I tested it with a standard triple burner jet lighter and it took about 1 minute of heating before it began to produce vapor. I'd expect that torch you posted to probably be similar heat up times.

For me, that heat up time would be too long so I use a really beefy torch, with about 25 seconds heat up.

Here are some photos of the VerdaVap in its glory!

envyxoa

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on FC!

I've been developing a vaporiser over the past couple of months, somewhat on the downlow from the wider vaporiser community... Only ever posted in r/ausents, which is an Aussie cannabis subreddit.

I've had a heap of people ask about if there are VerdaVap threads on FC... So they've forced me to come over here and make this post 😂

So what the hell am I talking about? There are some Pictures here.

The VerdaVap is minimalistic by design, if it's there, it serves a purpose, else not 😂

It's designed with the bong smoker in mind. For years I've read threads in vaporents and other forums about people wanting to quit smoking bongs to jump over to vaporising, then they buy a vaporiser from the head shop down the road, it's a shitty conduction vape and inevitably let's them down, then forever "vaping" is thrown in the shit bucket for them. Or they'll do the research, realise they should have brought a ball vape, then they see the price of a ball vape and just can't justify the price. This is especially a big issue over here in Australia. There really isn't many options for ball vapes over here yet, and they're bloody expensive. The idea is to have an accessible "portable" ball vape. Portable as in take it camping, not on a walk to the shops 😂

It's definitely not perfect, but it's mine, and I'm beyond excited about it. I have had amazing feedback from the ausents community, and we have revised the design to what you can see now, as pictured on the website.

The design will be revised until the community is happy.

Let's break the VerdaVap down, so you understand what does what. Reference image here

1. Top part - thermal mass (80x3mm corundum beads)

2. Vapor chamber, holds a smidge over 0.2g loose pack. The volume of the vapor chamber is about 15% larger than the mighty, as a point of reference most will understand.

3. Native 14mm adapter. This is what you thread the vapor chamber onto, and will be made out of 304 stainless steel. You can see, the vapor path is all metallic.

4. Hand turned stabilised wood 14mm water pipe adapter. Stabilising wood is a tedious process that involves heat treating, resin, vacuum chambers, and about a week of time... but it eliminates and issues wood pieces can have with expansion and contraction with varying heat and humidity. If you have a nice wooden pen, or a chef knife with a wooden handle, it will be stabilised wood.

5. 4mm stainless steel handle rod, threaded into the 14mm adapter body.

6. Hand turned stabilised wood handle.

7. Custom compression filter, here is a pic of the laser cut filter.

This entire thing started at the end of October last year... I was tinkering in the garage and wanted to try build a ball vape myself because I didn't want to spend $500+ on one 😂

Built one over a weekend, posted a video on ausents and people were asking if I would make them one.... And it just all started from that!

Here is a more recent video showing the 3D printed mock up, and testing out the prototype.

I've got a discord also, as requested.

I've ordered samples from multiple manufacturers, once they have landed (couple weeks), and I'm happy with them I'm going to open up presales on a batch of 100 to test the waters and see if people are keen.

Let me know what you think!
Just saw your post on reddit. Looking forward to see your vape get used!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Nice unit !
What stainless steel is it made of ? 304L ?
Would you consider a ferromagnetic (AISI 430 maybe) version of the ball chamber to make it compatible with IH ?

Also, how many balls does it holds ? I'm curious about heat retention.
This is a great idea for future revisions! The design of this model doesn't bode well for induction heaters though, as there is quite a lot of metal in the walls of the heating chamber as they are 1mm thick, and would pull a ton of power when heated with induction. A future version that's more induction friendly is definitely in the cards. I'd go with thinner walls so we have less metal, and would be less demanding on an IH.

It holds about 80x 3mm ruby corundum beads. As mentioned though, the walls of the VerdaVap are 1mm thick so they are a significant part of the thermal mass as well. Once heated up to temp, you'll be able to pull vapor for a couple of minutes. It really holds the heat.

Wow dude, that’s pretty, take my money!
Thanks mate! I'm pretty happy with it. It's such a basic device with a big thermal mass, so it's really easy to use... Not needing to worry about accidental combustion, etc. I've designed the thing to really be as open as possible with little draw resistance, because the thermal mass can keep up with however quick you want to draw through it 🙂

sagey

It'll work yeah, but heat up times will be a little longer. For reference, I tested it with a standard triple burner jet lighter and it took about 1 minute of heating before it began to produce vapor. I'd expect that torch you posted to probably be similar heat up times.

For me, that heat up time would be too long so I use a really beefy torch, with about 25 seconds heat up.

Here are some photos of the VerdaVap in its glory!
Okay so when is Beta?! This thing looks awesome!

coolbreeze

This is a great idea for future revisions! The design of this model doesn't bode well for induction heaters though, as there is quite a lot of metal in the walls of the heating chamber as they are 1mm thick, and would pull a ton of power when heated with induction. A future version that's more induction friendly is definitely in the cards. I'd go with thinner walls so we have less metal, and would be less demanding on an IH.

It holds about 80x 3mm ruby corundum beads. As mentioned though, the walls of the VerdaVap are 1mm thick so they are a significant part of the thermal mass as well. Once heated up to temp, you'll be able to pull vapor for a couple of minutes. It really holds the heat.

Thanks mate! I'm pretty happy with it. It's such a basic device with a big thermal mass, so it's really easy to use... Not needing to worry about accidental combustion, etc. I've designed the thing to really be as open as possible with little draw resistance, because the thermal mass can keep up with however quick you want to draw through it 🙂
If this had some sort of ring to hold the core in the proper position, you could drop it in a 16mm coil, heat it up, and use it wirelessly.

I'm in, I can't wait to try this thing!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Just an update.

I've been flat stick in the garage building the first batch of 100 VV's.

Talking 14 hour days and juggling a 6 month old. Hectic times!

VerdaVap is a family operation, Jill my girlfriend is the Web developer, and she's very nearly got the payment functionality added to the website, so we're expecting presales to be open..... Really soon!

In the meantime, here is a picture of a rose gum VerdaVap I put together yesterday 🙂

coolbreeze

Just an update.

I've been flat stick in the garage building the first batch of 100 VV's.

Talking 14 hour days and juggling a 6 month old. Hectic times!

VerdaVap is a family operation, Jill my girlfriend is the Web developer, and she's very nearly got the payment functionality added to the website, so we're expecting presales to be open..... Really soon!

In the meantime, here is a picture of a rose gum VerdaVap I put together yesterday 🙂
There's something about this vape that's like it came from the Lotus/Vapman factory, and I do mean that as a compliment! Fun times ahead!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Is it possible to use a 16mm heating coil and PID controller?
The diameter of the VerdaVap is 14mm.

It wasn't designed with a coil in mind, as there is no ledge or anything to keep the coil from sliding down too far.

I think one of the prototype testers slightly modified a coil to suit it, but it's not ideal. I would recommend picking up a normal ball vape if you want to use a coil, as you'll have a better experience.

Electronic heating, though it'll likely be via induction is a future project for a future revision of the VV.

Someone from discord mentioned something called the "cobra coil". If I was going to be trying a coil with the VV, that would be what I'd go for.

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
G'day everyone!

Just another short update.

The VerdaVap website has been updated to include pictures and prices for all the products that will be available at launch.

Presales open within the next few days.

I'm super excited, and actually really nervous! This is the start of something awesome.

I have so many ideas for future innovative products in this space! Good times ahead.

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
G'day party people!

The VerdaVap presale is live on the first batch of 100 units! Stock started off at 60* Meranti (dark), and 40* Rose Gum (light).

Almost half the Meranti are sold out already, and there are about ~30 Rose gum left.

Will be posting to r/vaporents tomorrow, for the first time ever. Will be interesting to see what they think!

I posted an announcement video to r/ausents today.... You guys might enjoy the video too!

Top Bottom