Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

I've usually used my S&B portables mainly with dosing caps. The venty works well with them especially if you pack them full. However I've been riding her bareback and I don't think I'll ever go back to caps. I fill her with a doob tube and blow her clean when I"m done and she's still hot. I really didn't like the idea of staining the oven with my previous portables but I don't mind with the Venty. Oven and screens look good as new.
I just cn't bring myself to load the chamber naked. She's so vulnerable to becoming messy and sloppy, and I just can't have that :lol: Seriously, though, I imagine that the performance sans capsule would create a more robust session.

I’ve been going back and forth. Obviously, the CU stays cleaner with just capsules, mostly oil residue.

Did my Qtip ethanol CU cleaning today, and geez what a lot of flower bits. Not a big deal, but on the next session, I immediately realized how much more FLAVOR there was. I did the CU ISO soak once, didn’t really save much time then a manual clean. I would do the complete soak, if I went too long before my periodic cleanings.

Basically, scooped flower loading just means if I want max flavor, I will clean more often.
First time I cleaned my CU a while ago, I hadn't taken into account that the coarse screen was installed on it, which allowed more particulate matter a clear way into the CU. I'd since changed the screen to the finer type and of course it made a big difference.

Cacahuates

I just cn't bring myself to load the chamber naked. She's so vulnerable to becoming messy and sloppy, and I just can't have that :lol: Seriously, though, I imagine that the performance sans capsule would create a more robust session.
I was surprised at the performance with the caps. Wasn't worse, just different. Maybe more conduction?
I was in the same boat as you with getting her dirty. I've found as long as you brush/blow it out when it's still hot, the oven stays relatively clean.
I've just found it so much easier than dumping out hot caps...then emptying them...then having to clean them. It's not that these are difficult, it's just requires more steps.
The venty has been winning the reach test because it's so easy. Dump in material, push a button, haul until my heart's content, dump out and blow clean. Same consistent results.

redspawn

I was surprised at the performance with the caps. Wasn't worse, just different. Maybe more conduction?
I was in the same boat as you with getting her dirty. I've found as long as you brush/blow it out when it's still hot, the oven stays relatively clean.
I've just found it so much easier than dumping out hot caps...then emptying them...then having to clean them. It's not that these are difficult, it's just requires more steps.
The venty has been winning the reach test because it's so easy. Dump in material, push a button, haul until my heart's content, dump out and blow clean. Same consistent results.
I have the titanium capsules. But i still prefer to load the Venty direct. Blow it out and give her a little brush, direct after session, and all is fine. One time per week i wipe it out with turn on on 100°C and wipe out with iso soaked q-tip, and it looks brand new after 100+hours of use.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My replacement Venty vibrates when boost has ended, is it anything new? Firmware is 1.05.

I’m on FIRMWARE Version 1.02, no vibration.
I haven’t seen any information from S&B if and when firmware releases become available, and if we can get notifications. I have to use the Bluefy app on my iPad, just connected my Venty, did not see any option to UPDATE FIRMWARE in the app that connects to their web app.

ADDED: I wrote S&B, let everyone know if I hear back…..

Last edited:

badbee

Might it still be a little too early to invest in a product that hasn't quite hit it's stride ? S & B products have made their bones through product consistency .
That's my view. I would like to see a few months of stability with this latest production run. I think it will be a great vape, but it hasn't proven to be that yet.

MonkeyTime

Might it still be a little too early to invest in a product that hasn't quite hit it's stride ? S & B products have made their bones through product consistency .
Well, my first S&B was their Crafty, early problems led to a Mighty upgrade, was very common at the time.

That mighty had problems with the power button, again, common problem. The RMA was handled as well as the upgrade was.

Fast forward, a Crafty+ supplanted my TM2 as daily driver, not an easy feat with all the vapes it's shunned.....

Today, my Venty is my DD. Problems and all, it's still what achieves what I need the easiest. I reach for it first.

And I've had no problems :D

I can't say how the company will be moving forward, but they've always been good to me in the past. Counts for something in my book.

Oh yeah, they've won the reach test a fair amount too over a lot of years. Not because they're the best at everything, but because they're easy and consistent. I don't have to think about it once I've started using it, IT fits into my life, not the other way around.

But you can hold off, they don't change fast either, you'll miss nothing!

Modicum

I hope the hedge fund, Canopy Growth, has not interfered with the Quality Control or Research & Dev. of S & B. for a quicker return on their investment.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Saw that too. I'm not familiar with that vendor either. Planet of the Vapes still won't ship to Nevada which means If I get one I'll go with Vgoodiez. I'm probably being paranoid but I don't mind paying a little extra to not have the anxiety of "who did I just give my money to, if I have a problem who do I talk to, and when will my sparkly thing actually arrive".

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Shit... I never used anything aggressive... just the brush provided, no capsules or anything! I never even took the screen out and I already needed it!
These coats are bullshit...has this happened to anyone else?
Wouldn't it be better to get this all out of the way?

20240128-001324.jpg

Yes I changed the oring

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Shit... I never used anything aggressive... just the brush provided, no capsules or anything! I never even took the screen out and I already needed it!
These coats are bullshit...has this happened to anyone else?
Wouldn't it be better to get this all out of the way?

20240128-001324.jpg

Yes I changed the oring
Mine does not have the coating on it at all, also your bowl looks slightly different to mine. My bowl has ridges running up the side.

I purchased mine when they came back in stock after the initial launch fiasco, I dunno if they changed some things in between that time frame?

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Mine does not have the coating on it at all, also your bowl looks slightly different to mine. My bowl has ridges running up the side.

I purchased mine when they came back in stock after the initial launch fiasco, I dunno if they changed some things in between that time frame?
mine was from the first batch received by LCV ... after launch fiasco

No coating on yours??
from S&B site:
Filling chamber
Ceramic-coated, holds approx. 150 mg**

rma started

DadaBoo

No coating on yours??
from S&B site:
Filling chamber
I'm no coating expert, but I just double checked. If mine does have coating, its not as dark as yours that's for sure.

Mind you this has jogged my memory a little bit on the Mighty. I remember a few months back the coating came off, very similar to what you are experiencing. I didn't think anything of it and just peeled it off. Mighty has been working fine, no issues.

But yeah, RMA that bad boi, I'll be interested in their response. I'll send my Mighty in if they give you the thumbs up 👍.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
mine was from the first batch received by LCV ... after launch fiasco

No coating on yours??
from S&B site:
Filling chamber

rma started

My bowl is like yours with the smooth white material. Inside looks slightly “dark”, which I assume is the coating, hard to be 100% sure as online photos can look different.

There are no scratches or chips on mine, I alternate with capsules, and only use S&B brush.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: dzoinp

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Captura-de-ecr-2024-01-30-001516.jpg

Is it just dirty?? I just cleaned for the first time ...
I always kept my bowls clean but this one seems to have darkened slowly... as the screen also turned brown in the first week I didn't care much.
What do you think? Is it dirty or is it losing its coating??

Last edited:

DadaBoo

Is it just dirty?? I just cleaned for the first time to make the video...
I always kept my bowls clean but this one seems to have darkened slowly... as the screen also turned brown in the first week I didn't care much.
I think it's dirty.

I just checked my Mighty bowl and it wasn't the coating that came off like I thought, it was way darker, like yours.

I used the same S&B brush with my Mighty for a long time, I also used the same brush for cleaning my TM2 stem etc. I think my brush was picking up oil and reclaim from the other vapes. I always cleaned my Mighty bowl straight after use with said brush, so I think maybe I was smearing the gunk on my brush around a still hot oven. That and general use probably created the dark staining I had (which peeled off over time).

Maybe something similar has happened with yours. All I know is that's almost identical to how my Mighty bowl looked.

DadaBoo,
Reactions: dzoinp

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker

Is it just dirty?? I just cleaned for the first time to make the video...
I noticed that the O-ring in the Venty in the pictures above has a orange O-ring. Storz & Bickel's Venty has a blue O-ring. https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/venty

Vaporooni,
Top Bottom