Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
\
Got my vgoodiez titanium capsules and I found a thing a few days ago

Glad you like the quality as I’ve mentioned, as well as performance.
If folks don’t have the ability to 3D print, you can get a (8) pod capsule load tray here, this one was made via my request for a small tray.

I keep my preloaded capsules in the tiny tube that the titanium ones come with, as it has an oring, and should keep them fresh a little longer.

justcametomind

PSA:
After receiving and testing my “replacement” Venty, I tried to REGISTER it in my S&B online account. You then get the added year of warranty coverage for a TOTAL of 3 years. I could not register it, so I wrote them this message:

“I am unable to REGISTER the new replacement one on your site, under my account.
The online S&B form requests a “PURCHASE”, and to attach the “RECEIPT”.
Do NOT have either of these requirements, as it is a replacement. The first one I bought and registered, then DISABLED according to your instructions, is still listed in my account.
PLEASE ADVISE? The REPLACEMENT Venty Serial Number is: “xxxxxx”

Two days later, CS emailed me, saying they did it for me. I logged in and confirmed, the original one is no longer listed as well. I suggest all Venty owners check their registration status, so you don’t get screwed years later!
Your message was very helpful to me because I doubt I would ever remember to register the replacement after I registered the first unit I got.
To register the replacement at S&B and have the +1 year warranty, all I had to do was attaching the receipt I got with the purchase of the (now bricked) first unit. Didn't message them beforehand, but got a notification message from SB right now, saying the unit is now registered, it took a couple of days. To get the receipt, I went to the "My orders" page and created a pdf instead of printing my Venty's order. The "print" button didn't appear to me on mobile, that's the trickier part.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Re: warranty and extension on replacement units--
All speculation and opinion based on my experiences with S&B warranty:

I agree it is important to register a new device, especially since the extra year is added for doing so.
After that, I believe S&B will honor warranty -- even on the replacement, even if the number hasn't been added to the list. I am referring to units they replace themselves and have the record.

The dicey part will come when they define the term. Typically, the timing for length of coverage has referred back to your original purchase date, regardless of how many replacement units they may have issued. In this case, with a blanket 'recall', imo, the warranty should commence with the issue of replacement device, like a complete do-over. It may only be a matter of weeks difference, but it is over the entire first lot of devices...

Some intrepid new owner might shoot off an email asking for clarification about when their warranty begins?

Adgej123

Afternoon all, just a query if anyone can help regarding delivery from S&B. I placed my order last week, to ship to the UK, today my order is showing on S&B as 'Complete' but I haven't had a shipping notification or anything further. Does anyone know the typical turnaround from the order being marked completed to delivery? I've ordered it to my work address so could really do with tracking information 👍

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
It arrived this morning, I charged it to 100%, 1st bowl...
I'm not as impressed as I was with the 1st TM.
I was a big consumer of crafty's. I spent a dozen of them (between RMA's and purchased) and I still have one. Had 2 mighty's too
The vapor is similar 😑
I may be jumping the gun in my opinion but...

yes, I'm high:D

Build quality, big but more manageable than the mighty. Top air flow control. Heats up quickly
I'd rather see the temperature rising... we never know what temperature we're going to start the device at.
+- buttons hard to press

This was my experience... I will continue testing... perhaps I had too high expectations, given the wait?
If I change my mind I'll let you know...lol

2ª bowl...

Last edited:
Thanks guys for recommending the titanium capsules, they completely blew my mind!
I've been a medical user for the past two years, with a 3 strain therapy. Having used the og S&B aluminium capsules, i - even with 3 to 4 time clean/re-use - regularly burned through 2-3 40packs a month. Which added up to quite a chunk of cash.

After reading about the titanium caps, i ordered 3 5packs, 1 for each strain. (EU: https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/crafty-mighty-dosierkapsel-titan-5 ), which also was a bit costly, but has immediately paid for itself.

The caddy's qualitty, o-ring, and the caps are great. Precise machining, no burrs, snazzy fit of the caps. Initially i was a bit worried the top caps might fall off, but they sit there safely.
Performance wise, they are a whole other league compared to the og aluminiums. I'm loading with 0.15g and use the venty with full open air flow and temp stepping at 185/195/210 degrees celsius. Before at each temp i would get about 2-3 decent pulls with good-enough vapour. With the titanium ones, it just seems the vapour is neverending! I can really long pulls and the venty just keeps chiming out non stop, bravo!
It feels i am getting way more out of my material within one capsule, a much fuller extraction.

Thanks again for the suggestion! <3

Greetings

Dope

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings, here is my update on VGoodies...he wrote to me on Instagram and said there were two Titanium packs left....I purchased one and they have one other up for grabs. If you would like to have a Titanium capsule he has 9 of them...comes with a container as well. The customer service is unbelievable...ACE! My gosh...so impressive.

JoeMama

My baby has come home! I can't believe they turned it around in less than a week. They received it on Friday afternoon last week, and I just got it back today. It's a new unit, re-sealed in a new box with another CU. So now I have 3 CU's. I only need 2, to be practical.

Finished charging and tried the titanium caps for the first time. I packed them fluffy with a slight tamp of my finger, maybe 0.15g.
This machine is so smooth. It's just the science that requires a little bit of time to wait for the heating-through takes place in the material, and with the titanium, I don't necessarily notice it's a "faster" heat-up to vapor, it could well be, but wow do they seem to transfer the heat right to the herb. It's this weird conduction/convenction balance that does it.

I didn't get much out of 187ºC insofar as nice flavored vapor with the aluminum. Now I get amazing flavor at that temp and it's plentiful and potent.

It's so easy to toast yourself on this thing.

Last edited:

WirtDog

Thanks guys for recommending the titanium capsules, they completely blew my mind!
I've been a medical user for the past two years, with a 3 strain therapy. Having used the og S&B aluminium capsules, i - even with 3 to 4 time clean/re-use - regularly burned through 2-3 40packs a month. Which added up to quite a chunk of cash.

After reading about the titanium caps, i ordered 3 5packs, 1 for each strain. (EU: https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/crafty-mighty-dosierkapsel-titan-5 ), which also was a bit costly, but has immediately paid for itself.

The caddy's qualitty, o-ring, and the caps are great. Precise machining, no burrs, snazzy fit of the caps. Initially i was a bit worried the top caps might fall off, but they sit there safely.
Performance wise, they are a whole other league compared to the og aluminiums. I'm loading with 0.15g and use the venty with full open air flow and temp stepping at 185/195/210 degrees celsius. Before at each temp i would get about 2-3 decent pulls with good-enough vapour. With the titanium ones, it just seems the vapour is neverending! I can really long pulls and the venty just keeps chiming out non stop, bravo!
It feels i am getting way more out of my material within one capsule, a much fuller extraction.

Thanks again for the suggestion! <3

Greetings

Dope
I am going to have to get some of these to test. I am a fan of the original aluminum dosing capsules. I am older so I treat loading and unloading them as an exercise in fine motor skills? If you are careful and do not depress them in the middle but only on the edges they last a really long time.

I bought a set of 40 and have probably used only 1/3 of them. I would like to get a better understanding of why the titanium dosing capsules better the aluminum in performance. We all have slightly different ways of vaping with dosing capsules so the only way to really judge is to test them ourselves. I remain convinced using the dosing capsules improves performance over native use?

I am going to have to get some of these to test. I am a fan of the original aluminum dosing capsules. I am older so I treat loading and unloading them as an exercise in fine motor skills? If you are careful and do not depress them in the middle but only on the edges they last a really long time.

I bought a set of 40 and have probably used only 1/3 of them. I would like to get a better understanding of why the titanium dosing capsules better the aluminum in performance. We all have slightly different ways of vaping with dosing capsules so the only way to really judge is to test them ourselves. I remain convinced using the dosing capsules improves performance over native use?
I was a fan of the original capsules as well, but the deformation after 2-3 re-uses really bugged me. I am using the original dosing capsule filling tool (https://www.storz-bickel.com/de/filling-set-for-40-dosing-capsules) and plunger to assemble, however i find it hard to get them to firmly seal without getting a crooked top. So on first use i end up putting them together not too tight to keep the caps center. After hitting them for the first round they will already come out with deformations on the bottom (getting squished and twisted by closing the CU). They ARE absolutely reusable at this point, and i will do so for another 3-4 rounds.
A good compromise for a nice flush seal without deformation is to use a fresh cap, paired with a cap top that has already been used once.

Now the comparision with titanium caps:

Filling:

You can completely forget about the whole cap top fiddling around, you simply pop on the top and it sits. It does have a bit of play, but not to the point that the cap could come off by it self (even with vigorous shaking, i've tested it :D)

Performance:

I feel i get a more uniform cook throughout the whole bowl. Furthermore with temp stepping it feels i get distinctly more vapour at each different temperature, whereas before the amount of vapour would decrease with each step up. With using the same amount as before (around 0.15g) i get more and longer vapour out of one capsule, compared to the aluminium ones. Interestingly after completely finishing a bowl at 210 degree celsius (no more vapour coming out), the ABV is cooked a good bit lighter than with the aluminium caps.

Cleanup:

Super easy, just swab it with some iso and you are good for refill again! Also the caps. do. not. deform. at. all. I'm really happy to have found them, as i now no longer have to rebuy the aluminiums!

I might update later with comparison photos if anyone is interested.

Greetings

Dope

WirtDog

I was a fan of the original capsules as well, but the deformation after 2-3 re-uses really bugged me. I am using the original dosing capsule filling tool (https://www.storz-bickel.com/de/filling-set-for-40-dosing-capsules) and plunger to assemble, however i find it hard to get them to firmly seal without getting a crooked top. So on first use i end up putting them together not too tight to keep the caps center. After hitting them for the first round they will already come out with deformations on the bottom (getting squished and twisted by closing the CU). They ARE absolutely reusable at this point, and i will do so for another 3-4 rounds.
A good compromise for a nice flush seal without deformation is to use a fresh cap, paired with a cap top that has already been used once.

Now the comparision with titanium caps:

Filling:

You can completely forget about the whole cap top fiddling around, you simply pop on the top and it sits. It does have a bit of play, but not to the point that the cap could come off by it self (even with vigorous shaking, i've tested it :D)

Performance:

I feel i get a more uniform cook throughout the whole bowl. Furthermore with temp stepping it feels i get distinctly more vapour at each different temperature, whereas before the amount of vapour would decrease with each step up. With using the same amount as before (around 0.15g) i get more and longer vapour out of one capsule, compared to the aluminium ones. Interestingly after completely finishing a bowl at 210 degree celsius (no more vapour coming out), the ABV is cooked a good bit lighter than with the aluminium caps.

Cleanup:

Super easy, just swab it with some iso and you are good for refill again! Also the caps. do. not. deform. at. all. I'm really happy to have found them, as i now no longer have to rebuy the aluminiums!

I might update later with comparison photos if anyone is interested.

Greetings

Dope
Thanks for taking time to provide more insight!! Much appreciated! I will have to order a few and test.

Marcus

Is this thing making you folks cough???

See, I hated my Mighty with a passion. Real hatred. So much hatred, I needed professional help with a happy ending. :brow:

It got me smashed, but it just wasn't an enjoyable experience with the device making me cough and just every strain tasting of that cooling unit plastic, every time.

Now I've been on the fence about the Venty as I want something to sit on the couch and load capsules without having to get up and go muck while watching a film, but I see even some of the reviews, folks are coughing. Even that Troy fella seems to not want to mention the fact that it makes him cough on his reviews, but he does.

Is that throat tickle still there?

I want a vape that I can enjoy using, not just one that "does the job".

Thanks in advance.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
It got me smashed, but it just wasn't an enjoyable experience with the device making me cough and just every strain tasting of that cooling unit plastic, every time.
Seems to me that your gripe about the plastic taste will be the same as this CU is made out of... plastic? :2c:
So yeah, up to you if that's something you will "enjoy".

Top Bottom