Venty by Storz & Bickel

AD

Yes. Titanium capsules and screw on cap cool stainless steel capsules are sold by VGoodiEZ.. I have both and really like the screw on cap stainless steel version.
Do you have a link or how to locate these at VGoodiEZ. I have looked and can't locate them.

AD,
Reactions: Sirro

justcametomind

Lastly is there any brand/manufacturer who makes dosing capsules that are of a higher quality metal? I've already bent one to hell and back when trying to pry off the top I put on too tight and it would be nice to have something that doesn't crumple like a pop can
Thanks all, this thread has already been super helpful!
I followed the link to vgoodiez and it clearly says on product description that with such capsules you are going to need higher temperature.
I have almost every S&B vape and I think you would waste money on those caps especially if you plan on using them exclusively on the Venty.
The Venty IMHO has more convection than their previous gen portables and I'm a bit struggling to get the same results using stock capsules with half bowls and notice a way lighter brown ABV from the Venty compared to a Mighty, even with full bowls. If/when they will be available I would look for lighter, more perforated, miniVAP like sort of capsules, which rely on convection and airflow not on those ones, which are good for previous gen and heavily (imho) rely on conduction.
I heard SB capsules are even lighter nowadays than what used to be when they first came out, so I think you already have the best scenario, unfortunately they are easy to bend.

" These are stainless and have more mass so you'll likely have to increase temperature which could impact battery life and even vapor production. They are not the aluminum capsules and they have different airflow so you should expect them to perform different. Please note the capsules are also DIFFERENT than the other SS Capsules we sell. These are fashioned more like S&B capsules but they are made of Stainless Steel or Titanium depending on your choice. "

Last edited:

WirtDog

I followed the link to vgoodiez and it clearly says on product description that with such capsules you are going to need higher temperature.
I have almost every S&B vape and I think you would waste money on those caps especially if you plan on using them exclusively on the Venty.
The Venty IMHO has more convection than their previous gen portables and I'm a bit struggling to get the same results using stock capsules with half bowls and notice a way lighter brown ABV from the Venty compared to a Mighty, even with full bowls. If/when they will be available I would look for lighter, more perforated, miniVAP like sort of capsules, which rely on convection and airflow not on those ones, which are good for previous gen and heavily (imho) rely on conduction.
I heard SB capsules are even lighter nowadays than what used to be when they first came out, so I think you already have the best scenario, unfortunately they are easy to bend.

" These are stainless and have more mass so you'll likely have to increase temperature which could impact battery life and even vapor production. They are not the aluminum capsules and they have different airflow so you should expect them to perform different. Please note the capsules are also DIFFERENT than the other SS Capsules we sell. These are fashioned more like S&B capsules but they are made of Stainless Steel or Titanium depending on your choice. "
Thanks for this excellent info. This Venty would need to deliver some super vapor natively to tempt me to buy one. My 5 year old Mighty OG with CU screen removed and factory mouthpiece replaced with a titanium mouthpiece using factory capsules produces really great vapor over and over with much more thorough extraction than native use! I am very tempted to buy a Mighty+ and keep rolling with my hotrod CU?

WirtDog,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Bought 2 sets of (5) TITANIUM CAPSULES, last week from Vgoodiez. Using them in the Venty.
Working GREAT for me.

FAST heat up, FAST cooldown. Similar performance to the “aluminum” S&B capsules, but with QUALITY build, should last long. Use a discount code, as the titanium isn’t cheap, but well worth it to me.

If you like to RETAIN heat for darker roasting, there is a less expensive Stainless Steel version choice on the same page.

If you like to load CAPSULES in advance.

STORZ & BICKEL DOSING CAPSULE LOADING TRAY (V3)​

WirtDog

Bought 2 sets of (5) TITANIUM CAPSULES, last week from Vgoodiez. Using them in the Venty.
Working GREAT for me.

FAST heat up, FAST cooldown. Similar performance to the “aluminum” S&B capsules, but with QUALITY build, should last long. Use a discount code, as the titanium isn’t cheap, but well worth it to me.

If you like to RETAIN heat for darker roasting, there is a less expensive Stainless Steel version choice on the same page.

If you like to load CAPSULES in advance.

STORZ & BICKEL DOSING CAPSULE LOADING TRAY (V3)​

Encouraging report!!

RustyOldNail

Encouraging report!!

With the Ventys beefy and fast heater, there are many ways to use it.
I ONLY used the OG S&B “aluminum” capsules in my Mighty, and they worked fine.
But, using these TITANIUM capsules in the Venty are next level.
Unlike my Mighty, I’m not going to “baby” the Venty.
For max flavor and max loads, using flower directly in the bowl, is fun too.
Even works great with smaller, direct loads.
Using a 1/8 Teaspoon = .1 gram measuring spoon, slightly tamped, in the bowl, makes for a quick session!

For those with a Venty, I recommend trying various loads and heating techniques, much more versatile then my Mighty. The ADJUSTABLE AIRFOW CONTROL is what makes using it differently then the OG possible.

Modicum

I was told that S&B have put a halt on present orders to tweek the Venty. Does anyone know this to be true ? If it is true it's probably the EO4 thing or might there be something else ?

Modicum,

Dr. G

Old Resident
What grind do you prefer to use in your Venty ? With and without capsules, thank you
Hello, I got my Venty the first few days it came out and have been using is strictly since. I have tried very fine to nugs in mine. Temp at 375 to 400...either, I use the fine or the coarse I am getting better results with a medium ground...with the Venty its hard to tell when I am finished...its like the Volcano...I get so many hits from one load you are left incredulously wondering. It never gets black. its toasted all the way through. Perfect.

RustyOldNail

I was told that S&B have put a halt on present orders to tweek the Venty. Does anyone know this to be true ? If it is true it's probably the EO4 thing or might there be something else ?

You could catch up by reading post #685…..

Rainbow and Rasta

Hello, I got my Venty the first few days it came out and have been using is strictly since. I have tried very fine to nugs in mine. Temp at 375 to 400...either, I use the fine or the coarse I am getting better results with a medium ground...with the Venty its hard to tell when I am finished...its like the Volcano...I get so many hits from one load you are left incredulously wondering. It never gets black. its toasted all the way through. Perfect.
Thanks, is this with capsules ?

Rainbow and Rasta,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thanks, is this with capsules ?
I used capsules once only...I found it effected my taste. Also, I got use to the free flow of the air...the capsules taint that a bit. Also, I love my Venty...I absolutely LOVE it in every way...does anyone find that the bowl is too small? This thing is so powerful that it seems like I need a bigger bowl like the Volcano...well, not that big...but, you know. Bigger.

Rainbow and Rasta

I used capsules once only...I found it effected my taste. Also, I got use to the free flow of the air...the capsules taint that a bit. Also, I love my Venty...I absolutely LOVE it in every way...does anyone find that the bowl is too small? This thing is so powerful that it seems like I need a bigger bowl like the Volcano...well, not that big...but, you know. Bigger.
hahah that’s interesting - I was hoping to go the opposite way and microdose in capsules with filling pads ..

JoeMama

If the case of true, in which one worker works and completes 1 Venty, wouldn’t it be specific to a unique serial number? I’m only saying this because again, my registration was approved on 10/26 and have not received an email about my unit. Could they just be looking at the Ventys they requested for now and then send a mass email?
I'm unlcear on your question; the serial numbers are specific. My SN contains 8 characters, and 7 of them are alphabetic, only one is a number. Whatever system they have, it's cryptic to the outside world. I'm sure they can trace any serial number to the worker; we just don't know the nomenclature. I hope I've understood your question??

JoeMama,

AD

Am I the only one that thinks the Venty should get a firmware upgrade for another 20 degrees? I got the storz & bickel evaluation letter did the test on Friday. I have not gotten the results or compensation as promised. I agree the stiff plus and minus buttons are an issue.

Psyentist

Probably…..
as no S&B device has ever been designed to go over 410f.

Volcano goes to 446f. I would like to see the venty go that high. I’m sure the 130w heater could handle it at the expense of a little battery life.

I also agree with what was said earlier about boost/super boost. I think it makes the most sense/is less confusing for the temp to stay at the boost/super boost setting until either the temp is changed or the unit turns off. Once the unit turns off then the temp can revert to normal.

I would also like to see the auto shut down timer be adjustable, up to 5 mins maybe.

It would be great if these things could be included in a future firmware update. I’m sure it’s possible but I doubt it will happen unfortunately.

In saying all that, I’m still considering buying one, haha.

RustyOldNail

Volcano goes to 446f.

That’s an A.C. powered device……

Some of the things you mentioned would possibly be firmware upgradable.
Wishing for an even hotter temperature and oven, waste of time….

*PREFERENCE: personally I don’t need more then 410f on this device, use max occasionally to finish.

Not sure how receptive S&B is on suggestions, but I wrote them mine, the ones I’ve discussed previously. The “boost” feature in its present form is simply illogical.

Top Bottom