Venty by Storz & Bickel

Choices

Just got the S&B update moving my order from delayed to sold out. I cancelled my order, so basically I opted out of buying now. Initially I was okay with a delay of a couple weeks but at this point I’ll wait until the 20% off from POTV. My OG Mighty and Volcano Classic can quell any S&B VAS that creeps in…😋

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Would it not depend on the use case? If the user was planning on having multiple bowls leave the device on between bowls to save energy but once you're finished just switch it off straight away? I thought heaters consumed the most energy when actually changing temperature because of that specific latent heat wizardry that calculates how many joules are required to change a materials temperature by 1 degree. Once the heater is at temp you don't use as much energy because you're only have to heat by a few degrees every so often.

The most amount of energy being used by the battery is heating then maintaining the temperature.
If running multiple bowls, sure leave it running, this keeps you at your temperature for the consecutive bowl.
But understand, the Venty with its new HIGH WATTAGE heater is DIFFERENT from previous S&B models.
The Venty can go from 0f to 410f, in less then 30 seconds. And if the unit was just used, the temperature reaches set point in seconds. New and useful techniques can be used now with the upgraded heater.

I have no idea how to post images on this site anymore (imgur no longer works?), but I received another email today basically saying “we are sold out and have no idea when you’ll get yours, sorry” and man I am so bummed right now

It’s 2023, matching your on hand inventory to your e-commerce back end isn’t a big ask
You serious?

Bonesvapechi,
Reactions: arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
You serious?

Yup, way bummed. I’m keeping my order and we will see how long it takes, but man I wish they’d actually tracked stock because this feels ridiculous

I pulled the trigger because it said “In Stock” and I assumed, based on what was “out of stock” that they managed their inventory better. They do not.

You know, Iust get my venti, and I have to be honest, it's got me high as s&*). Something must be right!
What airflow setting?

Yup, way bummed. I’m keeping my order and we will see how long it takes, but man I wish they’d actually tracked stock because this feels ridiculous

I pulled the trigger because it said “In Stock” and I assumed, based on what was “out of stock” that they managed their inventory better. They do not.
Angry for you! It is worth the wait I would say. Definitely something that is unique but familiar but also new lol

Bonesvapechi,
Reactions: cosimo

Tab

Nerd
I have no idea how to post images on this site anymore (imgur no longer works?), but I received another email today basically saying “we are sold out and have no idea when you’ll get yours, sorry” and man I am so bummed right now

It’s 2023, matching your on hand inventory to your e-commerce back end isn’t a big ask
I`m in the same boat like you, I ordered a day (25.10) after you did when I`m not wrong and I`ve got the same mail from them.
I will wait, because it`s still the fastest way to get one I think. Also hoping that it will not take a few months from now on :D

Sticking to the TM2 and the FF2+ until I get the Venty :tup:

Last edited:

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
I`m in the same boat like you, I ordered a day (25.10) after you did when I`m not wrong and I`ve got the same mail from them.
I will wait, because it`s still the fastest way to get one I think. Also hoping that it will not take a few months from now on :D

Sticking to the TM2 and the FF2+ until I get the Venty :tup:
My hope is it’s less than a month to 6 weeks, but boy it’d be nice if they had the co firenze to estimate a timeline. Sending that message saying “we have no idea” sucked

arrjaytea,
Reactions: Tab

Tab

Nerd
My hope is it’s less than a month to 6 weeks, but boy it’d be nice if they had the co firenze to estimate a timeline. Sending that message saying “we have no idea” sucked
Yeah I`m with you, it really sucks... at least my VAS is not that strong anymore, mostly for self protection :D :D
But really looking forward to get one soon...

Choices

Yeah I`m with you, it really sucks... at least my VAS is not that strong anymore, mostly for self protection :D :D
But really looking forward to get one soon...
As I mentioned earlier I canceled my order. Considering some of the initial issues some have encountered regarding error codes, I’m happy to wait for the inventory to get caught up. Could be quite a while but if it reduces the potential for an RMA I’m okay with that…

Tab

Nerd
As I mentioned earlier I canceled my order. Considering some of the initial issues some have encountered regarding error codes, I’m happy to wait for the inventory to get caught up. Could be quite a while but if it reduces the potential for an RMA I’m okay with that…
I had the same thoughts in my mind but I hope that this is the true cause of the delay and they have to update the units which are assembled, so a lot of hopium here :D :D

I am on the Venty wait list too since the 24th, cant help but think i have just paid onto KickStarter rather then S&B.
Yes, this is true, it feels like a Kickstarter project.. :D

Tab,

Dr. G

Old Resident
You know, Iust get my venti, and I have to be honest, it's got me high as s&*). Something must be right!
Something is up with my Venty. It gets me high as F&%$k! I put my other shit away. The best...I hope all of you can experience this soon. Honestly. I think the initial turn out is fantastic. Unfortunate the delay...but, when these are back available...YOU MUST get one...park your other vapes for awhile.

Ned Bogan

I had thought I might be buying a Venty when the Black Friday discounts hit. Ha! Now I think it looks like next 4/20 ... maybe ...

Ned Bogan,

dude_de

“we are sold out and have no idea when you’ll get yours, sorry”
With the number of ERR04 and ERR05, this could also be corporate speak for "apparently we screwed up the device firmware, please stand by while we find and fix the issue(s) and update our inventory of devices'"
I'm pretty sure their systems can do that, it's trivial. I also see too much coincidence in their German and US stores going" sold out" within hours.

So,... I really don't believe the sold out thing.

RustyOldNail

this could also be corporate speak for "apparently we screwed up the device firmware

The firmware is apparently online/app UPGRADABLE, so I doubt they would stop the assembly line.
Haven’t seen these “errors”, on my device, and who would really know how many of the shipped devices were affected by any bugs, answer is NO one. Without access to sales and returns numbers, it’s all just guessing and SPECULATION.

I normally don’t buy electronics at first release, but broke my rule as S&B has a good reputation on their devices once released. Hopefully, being an early buyer this rare time, I’ll be happy. But nothing bad about having to wait, other than the inconvenience, when you want to try something new.

Here is some speculation, perhaps after the recent corporation take over at S&B, they weren’t sure how well a NEW device might sell, and ran a temporary LIMITED assembly run…..

WirtDog

Just got the S&B update moving my order from delayed to sold out. I cancelled my order, so basically I opted out of buying now. Initially I was okay with a delay of a couple weeks but at this point I’ll wait until the 20% off from POTV. My OG Mighty and Volcano Classic can quell any S&B VAS that creeps in…😋
Man, very sorry for your aggravation and I would have done the same! Take heart as the 20% POTV deal might pay benefits? Good deal and hopefully a lot of these introduction related issues will have been sorted out. I have been thinking along the same lines?

Dr. G

Old Resident
Have there really been that many reports of failed units in the field (ERR04)? I know @ChooChooCharlie had that issue, anyone else here?

ERR05 is not a device failure, it pops up if you accidentally blow into the device when its in operation. It has happened to me a few times during big hits if I start to cough or whatever.
I don’t think there is a devise problem…review videos on YouTube have gone over the error code which is an indication of blowing air back in…etc. My best friend got his last week like me and we both are super happy and are in awe… there’s always going to be a few units that don’t work properly. I think that’s the case with most vapes… also, I know a few other companies that released their vapes and ran out after the initial unloading. I think that just happens. I am positive that they are just overwhelmed with orders because this unit is excellent. This is one of the best vapes that you will ever buy. It has new technology. It’s powerful it’s different.

I was patient for ever trying to get. Lamart P80 Tetra…finally got one after a long time…the Venty is truly worth getting. I highly recommend it.

WirtDog

The firmware is apparently online/app UPGRADABLE, so I doubt they would stop the assembly line.
Haven’t seen these “errors”, on my device, and who would really know how many of the shipped devices were affected by any bugs, answer is NO one. Without access to sales and returns numbers, it’s all just guessing and SPECULATION.

I normally don’t buy electronics at first release, but broke my rule as S&B has a good reputation on their devices once released. Hopefully, being an early buyer this rare time, I’ll be happy. But nothing bad about having to wait, other than the inconvenience, when you want to try something new.

Here is some speculation, perhaps after the recent corporation take over at S&B, they weren’t sure how well a NEW device might sell, and ran a temporary LIMITED assembly run…..
I just hope they tested the updating of customer units in the field sets of use cases? I would had the same faith as you with regard to S&B reputation for quality.

Changes in senior management can often bring big changes in how companies perform and function. I really hope that is not the case here! I am following the new Venty with interest. There may be some start up issues but they have made some interesting design changes which I hope will be great for customers.

WirtDog,

RustyOldNail

I just hope they tested the updating of customer units in the field sets of use cases?

In my experience, firmware updates are SLOW to come out, unless there is a real performance issue effecting the device. Manufacturers have no way of knowing about the smaller, interface issues, the ones I’ve been discussing and responding to, unless they are made aware of said issues. Look at the recent release of $1,200.00 iPhone Max 15’s. Some firmware updates were released in days, others hopefully on the way. It’s in the manufacturers best interest to test as extensively as possible before shipping, to avoid a worse case scenario of a “recall”.

Open the Venty, blow on the heater, you’ll get an error message…..

dude_de

I didn't mean to come across as negative. Shit happens in the best of organisations and something definitely went wrong here. Either in demand planning, firmware development or logistics.

I'm one of the guys who wanted to wait for it to go below 400.

Now I'm at the point where I am not interested in the 70€ discount from the french store, if they will get them much later.

I want to get my hands on one, NOW! So when I read here that the US store was sold out, I immediately checked the german store, which was also sold out.

RustyOldNail

I didn't mean to come across as negative. Shit happens in the best of organisations and something definitely went wrong here. Either in demand planning, firmware development or logistics.

I'm one of the guys who wanted to wait for it to go below 400.

Now I'm at the poi the I am not interested in the 70€ discount from the french store, if they will get them much later.

I want to get my hands on one, NOW! So when I read here that the US store was sold out, I immediately checked the german store, which was also sold out.

Perhaps they didn’t plan on the potential demand, or wanted to play wait and see. There has also been all kinds of supply issues in the electronics component sector.

The good news is they seem to be selling them, so while it SUCKS waiting, since they are aware of the demand, I’m sure everyone that still wants one, will eventually get one. And the bright side is, hopefully any hardware or firmware issues will have been addressed. I’ve had far too many EARLY buys that I quickly regretted.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It could be due to the medical certification.
I wish people would stop saying this. In the first place, ISO 13485 mostly has to do with manufacturing contamination and company repairs to reported issues. It literally says nothing about construction or materials used in the vape.

The certification that impacts removable batteries is UL 8139. This specifically does not apply to vapes that have removable batteries. This is because the certification is about electrical safety.

Just a cursory glace at the medical certification makes it clear this is only for marketing.

dude_de

I wish people would stop saying this. In the first place, ISO 13485
And
is UL 8139.
are not related to the medial certification. The Venty does not currently have a Venty Medic Version. The Mighties and Volcanoes do.

Without the medical certification german health insurance companies would not be able to buy them for their medical cannabis patients.

Top Bottom