Venty by Storz & Bickel

seki

It seems not to smell through the top like the others. They sure it up thank god I had to keep my crafty in a smell proof case, no biggie, but we'll see how the smell is after more use!
:tup:

Thanks for all of these detailed looks on how it performs. Hopefully the lack of smell holds up with more use, being able to close off the air flow path completely sounds like it should help with that a lot. I was initially thinking I've got so many portables that I really wasn't interested in this one, particularly since I've been reducing my intake and mainly using desktops lately. Seeing how it produces vapour and the early positive impressions from long-time FCers is making me reconsider though.

Ultimately it still looks to be the same S&B style of session vape from what I'm seeing, just one that's much faster and much more efficient than the ones that came before it. I'd prefer the batteries to be removable naturally, but I've got more than enough options with that feature available to me that I consider it pretty low on the list of priorities when assessing a vape. If it were my only device and I relied on it for pain relief or to medicate for other purposes, I can see how it would be key even beyond right to repair issues. I do think if the "10 sessions per charge" battery life and "40 minute quick charge to 80%" claims are accurate, that should go a long way to mitigating a lot of the usage concerns people have with their current S&B portables. 10 sessions seems to me like it would be sufficient for at least a day's worth of use for most outside of the heaviest users and it also seems like S&B's estimate might be pretty accurate or maybe even a little on the conservative side given what we're seeing with testing in this thread.
ok...but 3 min sessions...
thanks again for the videos! You are fulfilling all our desires:rockon::tup::clap::nod::wave::bowdown:
This is a good point. Lots of sessions yes, but short. It's a little hard to gauge exactly how long the sessions are because of the slo-mo effects (which I like!), but it seems to me like they might actually be closer to 2 minutes. This is just one use case though, and I'm sure we'll hear more from others using it under different conditions. I'm interested to see how others fare with battery life, but this is how I would pretty much use it except through water, so it seems particularly promising to me. Looking at it another way, even if the battery capacity halves after some years worth of use, it would still function better or as well as a Crafty does brand new.

@Grass Yes, we were discussing how a device with a 30 second heat up to a usable vaping temperature would effectively redefine the session vaping category in the other thread before it was closed. What are your thoughts on it now that we know it heats up to not just a usable temp, but something closer to maximum temp even faster than that at about 20 seconds? As mentioned, it still doesn't seem too different in that regard, just a faster, more efficient session vape from my perspective. But outside of the battery and plastic complaints, it does look to be a pretty significant upgrade over the Mighty+/Crafty+ in terms of overall performance and I feel like one could argue it either way. I think with enough lung capacity, you could probably kill a 0.2g bowl in about a minute including heat up time using a water piece with the Venty. Easily well below 2 minutes with water based on how @Custom Flower Hardware is finishing bowls in around 2-3 minutes natively. Given that that sort of quick extraction from cold was previously only possible with butane devices like the Bricks, TA or Anvil, or battery powered devices like the TP80 and TM2, I don't think I could really disagree that it actually has redefined the category or at the very least set a new standard for performance, especially now that we're getting a better idea of what the battery life is like. Outside of the MiniVap, I can't think of any portable that can go this long between charges or without swapping batteries. Maybe the Pax, but that's obviously not in the same class performance-wise .

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Given that that sort of quick extraction from cold was previously only possible with butane devices like the Bricks, TA or Anvil, or battery powered devices like the TP80 and TM2

I’ll eventually try a Venty test, something I’ve done occasionally with my OG Mighty.

Using CAPSULES, if I don’t want to continue a SESSION, I’d dump the capsule out on a plate, and shut OFF the Mighty. Then after unit and capsule COOLED OFF, I’d reload, then continue the same load later. The LONG heat up of the Mighty, made this DOABLE, but NOT ideal.

With the FAST heat up of the Venty, this “SESSION CAPSULE PAUSE” technique might be a lot better.
While not making the Venty a true “on demand” device, (I’ll use my TM2 for that), it could increase its versatility!
Of course you need to use a capsule, and the load does need to heat up again, but there are times I’m only interested in a couple of hits.

I enjoy switching between CONDUCTION & CONVENTION devices, as I find the experiences/effects are noticeably different from their respective heating designs. And personally…. I don’t like the effects at super high temperatures, and added coughing etc., so I’m never chasing a DARK roast, so the S&B devices highest 410f temperature has never been an issue for me.

justcametomind

I’ll eventually try a Venty test, something I’ve done occasionally with my OG Mighty.

Using CAPSULES, if I don’t want to continue a SESSION, I’d dump the capsule out on a plate, and shut OFF the Mighty. Then after unit and capsule COOLED OFF, I’d reload, then continue the same load later. The LONG heat up of the Mighty, made this DOABLE, but NOT ideal.

With the FAST heat up of the Venty, this “SESSION CAPSULE PAUSE” technique might be a lot better.
While not making the Venty a true “on demand” device, (I’ll use my TM2 for that), it could increase its versatility!
Of course you need to use a capsule, and the load does need to heat up again, but there are times I’m only interested in a couple of hits.

I enjoy switching between CONDUCTION & CONVENTION devices, as I find the experiences/effects are noticeably different from their respective heating designs. And personally…. I don’t like the effects at super high temperatures, and added coughing etc., so I’m never chasing a DARK roast, so the S&B devices highest 410f temperature has never been an issue for me.
Hopefully the oven doesn’t get too hot (being for the most part convection) and dumping the capsule is not even needed anymore.

WirtDog

Hopefully the oven doesn’t get too hot (being for the most part convection) and dumping the capsule is not even needed anymore.
I've become a fan of the capsules and CU screen removal? Using 420F at all times I can take 2-3 hits off a fresh capsule, turn the unit off, wait just a couple secs and do an easy inhale? That clears the capsule and temp is now too low for vaporization? It can sit and come back later and get final 2-3 decent hits. ABV satisfactory dark brown and all 410F can delivery. IMO this is the hot setup for Mighty/Mighty+. I think the new Venty might offer even better performance similarly configured?

Yes, at full blast. I'm looking forward to others counts, so we can get sort of an average.:tup:no problemo!
What a spectacular video and thank you for sharing this...seems like you had plenty of hits, powerful, the herb looks perfect coming out...wow, I am totally sold on this unit. I think its going to be perfect for me too. I am ordering mine today. This video sold me on it. Thanks for posting this video.
Would you be able to do a test for those without grinders and possibly those that want to stretch their flower? So to speak, break up the flower by hand and fill it to the amount of a DynaVap? Full power open airflow… if possible lol it may seem like a waste but I do know a few people (including me) that would to see how efficient and potent a little can go

Bonesvapechi,

RustyOldNail

I dont think I'll be able to resist once it dips below 400

The current price for the Mighty Plus, from trustworthy mainstream vendors is still $399.00, though I’m sure you can “find” them for a bit less. So the Venty is, at least from a “LIST PRICE”, point of view, is just $50.00 more. When I researched buying my OG Mighty, I found most online sites all had the same price. Not sure if it’s “collusion”, or lack of a substantial discount that retailers can get from S&B? The retailers probably don’t make much of a mark-up for their efforts.

The upside is most S&B devices retain more value over time, if in good shape, then many inexpensive Chinese vapes.

As you get OLDER… the saying “life is short”… takes on a more substantial meaning, assuming one has the resources $$$.

What pisses me off more is the $38.00 shipping for a new Venty, from their USA C.A. location. It’s a small box, device is 1/2 pound in weight. There were NO shipping CHOICES on that site, just said “STANDARD”, whatever that means, but for $38.00, one should expect 2-Day…. I’ve ordered some Mighty accessories over time directly from them, when I could not find them from some of my favorite vendors like @VGOODIEZ and experienced the same ridiculous shipping rates…

But, as life gets shorter and shorter, I’ll just have to suck it up…. If you have limited resources, and the time and patience to wait, you may save a few bucks, but not like the 30-50% discounts I’ve seen on some of my less expensive devices.

RustyOldNail

My APOLOGIES to ALL. Members made me check my receipt, and NO SHIPPING FEES!
I saw the TAX…. and from my previous experience, where shipping did seem excessive… I didn’t look closely.
THANKS for the helpful reminders!
Once again SORRY, I try to be ACCURATE with anything I post, and my other observations still stand.
I’ll take the LOSS on this one…. :(

Dr. G

Old Resident
Sadly this is out of my price range right now. May have to settle for a crafty+ for a new vape.
May I please say save your money...do not buy a Crafty Plus...I feel that performance wise its the lowest one. This is my humble opinion. I have a Crafty Plus and the battery life is awful and flow...buy a Mighty plus. I am sorry if I anger anyone....this is just my simple opinion. Also, the Venty is the most powerful unit out there now of its kind...save your money...

Life is too short...I JUST ORDERED MINE! It is a big nut to pay but, life is way too short. My bills are paid this month. Christmas is early.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I saw the TAX…. and from my previous experience, where shipping did seem excessive… I didn’t look closely.
Once again SORRY, I try to be ACCURATE with anything I post, and my other observations still stand.

It's no biggie Rusty. I have always appreciated your insight.

Similar to you, I use my on-demand TM2 quite a bit. I am a lone vaper and don't need to share with others. I don't see what a session vape does for me, and worry about the loss of terp flavor as the load is continually heated.

blackstone

It takes some ferociously serious knowledge to make a statement like the following in 2009, and to be proven pretty much totally correct by a new, potentially class leading SB product almost 14 years later!

72 watts can get to vape temp in 40 seconds, 120 watts would be there in about 25 seconds.

(Seen during a recent search for exact SSV wattage when I was aiming to correct an apparent misconception about ball vapes needing 100 watts or more)
Well done @Hippie Dickie for that one!

4-Aces King-High

You must have some seriously dank flower. Still, those clouds are insane for a portable.

It's becoming more obvious to me that I need one. I dont think I'll be able to resist once it dips below 400.
The 14th Bowl did it- lol. Well-They took My Money cause I’m NOT Waiting And the VENTY has Satisfied Numerous members ,Cheers
P.S.-I used Bonus points from Mighty plus x2 purchases,towards the S&B VENTY purchase on their website with free Shipping.

Last edited:

WirtDog

I've become a fan of the capsules and CU screen removal? Using 420F at all times I can take 2-3 hits off a fresh capsule, turn the unit off, wait just a couple secs and do an easy inhale? That clears the capsule and temp is now too low for vaporization? It can sit and come back later and get final 2-3 decent hits. ABV satisfactory dark brown and all 410F can delivery. IMO this is the hot setup for Mighty/Mighty+. I think the new Venty might offer even better performance similarly configured?
That's 410F...

WirtDog,
Reactions: Gnome34
Yeah I ordered mine thru storz and bickle.. standard shipping to Chicago..not only that the order email did disclose due to high volumes of order delays are expected

RustyOldNail

It's no biggie Rusty. I have always appreciated your insight.

Similar to you, I use my on-demand TM2 quite a bit. I am a lone vaper and don't need to share with others. I don't see what a session vape does for me, and worry about the loss of terp flavor as the load is continually heated.

I find a different effect from my TM2, and at times sucking all the heated air up does not feel good.
Two reasons why I switch between CONDUCTION (session style) and CONVECTION (on demand).
My sources for flower are not too expensive, so I normally don’t fuss if the bowl is constantly heating in my conduction devices, but certainly the flavor disappears SOONER, thus why the capsule dump method can be useful. I don’t share any devices, unless I clean the MP with ISO, but that’s rare. I was never a germ-a-phobe, until COVID, personally no longer want to take unnecessary heath risks. I just lend a guest a different device and sanitize later.

The main reason to try a more conduction oriented vape, is to see if you enjoy the difference, but I’m sure you have already! :)

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
my current vape iteration uses LiFePO4 chemistry lithium batteries - two 3.2 v in series. heater is 1/3 ohm. so drawing 18 amps during heat up, although i think the 16 awg cable provides a current limit. these cells can deliver 70 amps continuous, 120 amps max. it goes from ambient to 400°F in 10 seconds.

RustyOldNail

Yeah I ordered mine thru storz and bickle.. standard shipping to Chicago..not only that the order email did disclose due to high volumes of order delays are expected

Yeah, I saw the same message. I guess since the shipping is FREE, it’s going to be …. SLOW…..

darbarikanada

the venty's clearly a beast for flower! I know S&B doesn't want to be seen as marketing a concentrate device (anticipating a possible crackdown on high-potency cannabis in the US IMO) so it looks like forums like this will be where we find out if it does concentrates well. from what I've read the bowl's a bit bigger than the mighty/crafty - can anybody verify that? and for venty owners who have mighty/crafty concentrate pads: do the pads fit (more or less - I imagine if the bowl's bigger, it's a loose fit)? if my take on the early reviews is right, doing concentrates in the venty might be like a cross between dabbing with a banger and the mighty: fast heat-up and big, cool clouds in a (sorta) portable. any feedback from venty owners would be much appreciated! thanks

Top Bottom