Venty by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nice clouds.....I would like to see the avb a lot darker though

Amount of vapor looks ok. The light brown roast not so much
In my experience/opinion, color is not always dark when a bowl is finished. Different strains do different things...
I personally go by flavor and somewhat the cloud production. Though, usually, I know green is an indicator of 'not finished yet'.

I guess I'm just not a high temp guy anymore, and I rather like it this way. I used to finish a dosing cap in 4 or five big pulls at 210C on a bubbler. At 72 I think I've outlived that now...

Been seeing folks talk about the S&B tickle. My feeling about that happening is that a lot of folks continue to vape a bowl even after the bowl is pretty much spent. The hybrids like Mighty and Crafty certainly can produce clouds beyond those that are 'good' ones. I guess a lot here would think my abv is generally not dark enough.
For me, coughing is much more likely at the end of a bowl than the beginning. When wife or I cough, I know it's time for a refill.
The other thing I generally don't do anymore is hold my hit, like, as long as possible. 3 or 4 seconds is more than adequate for hits to to get you quite high.

Last edited:

WirtDog

My assessment after draining 4 dosing caps of primo WA state ganja through the Venty at full airflow set to 395F....
  • Formfactor is fantastic compared to the mighty. Fits better in the hand and not too much taller. I'm not a fan of the bottom charging port because I'd prefer to stand it upright to charge but that can be fixed easily by 3dprinting a dock of some sort with the USBC properly placed.
  • The airflow is open AF, even through dosing caps.
  • Speaking of the airflow, you can now drain a dosing cap in 3-5 hits vs 20+ on a mighty+
  • With the open airflow this has switch the hybrid ratio from a primarily conduction vape (crafty/mighty) to a primarily convection vape. My experience this feels like the mighty/+ were 70:30 conduction:convection while the Venty dials it closer to 40:60
  • No bickle tickle so far!!!
  • This IS still a hybrid vape so the flavor toward the end of draining your bowl/cap WILL have a toasty/popcorn taste. That's just par for the course with anything that does conduction heating. That said, the shift toward a more convection heavy hybridization definitely reduces the toast/popcorn noticeably.
  • This is by far the best all-around mainstream portable on the market. Personally I prefer pure convection because I'm a flavor chaser so MY best is the TM2 followed closely by the TP80. I also truly adore the BAK, but this Venty is the best all around vape I'll be recommending to folks. I can see this one fighting with (and often winning against) the TM2 and my ball vapes for daily attention.
Hard to tell without actually having one but the form factor seems more prone to being knocked over than the Mighty with a base added? They must have considered this when finalizing the design?

@Custom Flower Hardware , very nice clouds . Great sesh . But It seemed to me that my Mighty+ On 410f could give a darker abv? Maybe your room has bright lighting. I could be wrong
This is exactly what caused me to park my Mighty!! ABV way too light and felt like I was wasting material? I fixed part of the problem by using capsules and removing the CU screen. Better performance and more thorough extraction. It seems S&B determination to deliver vapes that cannot combust is a higher priority than complete extraction and that is why they have refused to increase the max temp?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just tried to purchase from s&b website but it says they dont ship to Canada!?
Were you at the German site or something?
Maybe use this?

MDHI

Were you at the German site or something?
Maybe use this?

You may have been in the wrong store, they have separate stores for different countries.
Try this - https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-ca/venty

Edit: ya what @vapviking said :)

Thanks for the help. The link works

but now I cant complete the payment due to a "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable."

I will try later I guess

MDHI,

kimura

Agree. The AVLP is also this fast or faster. I don't think the heater speed is something new.

Not to get too deep into comparisons… but I doubt the AVLP is comparable in terms of flow capacity, while keeping the heater in operating range, after a 20 second heat up. I should have specified. Yeah you’re right, the v3 pro heats up pretty fast too but it’s also not comparable.

Wide open draw with good vapor production requires either large thermal mass or a lot of wattage or both. I’m not sure I know of another battery vape that offers this quick of a heat up, hybrid heating, AND wide open draw

Tweakz

This is exactly what caused me to park my Mighty!! ABV way too light and felt like I was wasting material? I fixed part of the problem by using capsules and removing the CU screen. Better performance and more thorough extraction. It seems S&B determination to deliver vapes that cannot combust is a higher priority than complete extraction and that is why they have refused to increase the max temp?
yes buddy, that's how I use my Mighty + too. Dosing caps and CU without screen, it looks like it's really much better gives airflow and abv is darker and clouds are bigger.

It looks like in Venty this is fixed because of the airflow control?

Tweakz,

kimura

Gotta say, one of the really nice things about having a company like S&B on the scene is that I can sit here and watch these cloudy videos and do my research and know that I won’t have to deal with the annoying “drop” culture, I don’t have to worry about this thing never being made again, the owner dropping off the face of the earth etc :rofl:

Very “heil corporate” of me, I know. Nobody’s perfect. FOMO begone haha

Edit: whatever, I have supported triihouse, VXL, RBT, Lamart, tinymight dude, phase 3, hermes medical, max jitter, vapman Rene, and others I can’t even recall at the moment. I’m allowed to buy some mass produced plastic shite now and again :rofl:

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
To me it's exactly volcano abv:nod:, which is a good thing!:tup:
:brow:
Thanks for the videos!!
Clearly even more efficient without the capsule... it can be seen in your reaction and the color of the avb... at 185c a 5 min session should darken the avb more
Straight to the max! It's for tough people!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Gotta say, one of the really nice things about having a company like S&B on the scene is that I can sit here and watch these cloudy videos and do my research and know that I won’t have to deal with the annoying “drop” culture, I don’t have to worry about this thing never being made again, the owner dropping off the face of the earth etc :rofl:

Very “heil corporate” of me, I know. Nobody’s perfect. FOMO begone haha

Edit: whatever, I have supported triihouse, VXL, RBT, Lamart, tinymight dude, phase 3, hermes medical, max jitter, vapman Rene, and many others I can’t even recall at the moment. I’m allowed to buy some mass produced plastic shite now and again :rofl:

Hey if it's better than a ZX I want one too :rofl:

RedZep

To me it's exactly volcano abv:nod:, which is a good thing!:tup:
I used to get darker with Volcano Hybrid. But I was using a finer grind.

I like my AVB much darker 2bh. It's producing plenty of vapor though. A good experiment would be to run the AVB through a ball vape to see if it produces anything. Could be completely extracted.

I found the mighty would fully extract to a light color also. My problem came when I had a fussy strain which would barely vape at all. It's then that you need something with more calories.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I used to get darker with Volcano Hybrid. But I was using a finer grind.

I like my AVB much darker 2bh. It's producing plenty of vapor though. A good experiment would be to run the AVB through a ball vape to see if it produces anything. Could be completely extracted.

I found the mighty would fully extract to a light color also. My problem came when I had a fussy strain which would barely vape at all. It's then that you need something with more calories.
There's no more goodies in that abv. Darker roasts relate to higher temps, and a bunch of different variables. I'm sure I can get it darker but that'll be a bowl 4 try. Your not gonna get black avb, it's not designed for that. It's designed to deliver a consistent experience for everyone. Newbs, vets, and in between. The signature is one of its own for sure! Plus it pumps! I use a TM from the pre-order and the crafty cause they're kings and work well. I bought a TM2 and it's new in the box because TM 1 still kills it 4 years later or so? Maybe 3 years I forget but the 2 are the best portables in my collection along with the TA.:tup:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Ok. Thanks. You know when they get them in stock?
no...:popcorn::chill:
I don't think it will take long... in any case I have my TM/TM2 which are and will continue to be my favorites for sure. but I'm curious to see what this venty will be like with this airflow and a bowl bigger than the TMs...my son stole my Crafty so... I found this stupid excuse to spend another €400:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom