Venty by Storz & Bickel

floribud

It is not, but I'm not sure where you think I said it was. And you are 100% correct that lower mass helps respond quickly.

The only reason I brought up ball vapes is to explain why I think 130W is not going to be enough to not drop the temperature while air is going through and hence why I am not sure how the flow sensor is going to help the PID. Not sure why you guys found it so weird.

I'm confused why you think this. The Tetra P80 keeps the heat pretty constant at 50 watts. At least, the readout on the P80 screen. That device has unlimited free airflow and in no way struggles to keep the temp. In addition, it doesn't overshoot. It just stays steady. So I think you are of on this one, 130 watts should be fine.

BTW I wander what the airflow LPM on the P80 is. Probably about the same as an unobstructed Boba straw.

Also no one is going to pay $450. Is anyone really paying $398 for a Mighty+ right now? Wait till black friday, waiting to see some "bundles" show up.

Varden

I don't think combustion can occur at 210°C nor microcombustion as you say.

This is going a bit offtopic, but I'm curious to know then, in your opinion, what is the reason pure convection vapor is smoother than hybrid and hybrid smother than conduction. If there is no combustion at all at any level. (And I'm not talking about which one hits harder, I'm talking about how smooth the vapor feels when inhaling.)

Last edited:
Varden,
  • Haha
Reactions: RxPlorer

delta hotel

This is going a bit offtopic, but I'm curious to know then, in your opinion, what is the reason pure conduction vapor is smoother than hybrid and hybrid smother than convection. If there is no combustion at all at any level. (And I'm not talking about which one hits harder, I'm talking about how smooth the vapor feels when inhaling.)
I would argue that "how hard it hits" and "how smooth it is" are all entirely subjective to the user and up to opinion, though there may be relation in design of the heater used.

delta hotel,
Reactions: Octavia

justcametomind

TBH I think it's probably an outstanding and kickass unit, and there would be a couple things which would convince me immediately to buy one

#1 - reverse charging. If the Venty could be a powerbank I think that'd put me to buy one immediately.

#2 - Variable conduction:convection - If they've implemented such good airflow and heat-sensing sensors, they could've leveraged that to allow you to adjust how hot the bowl stays when passive since such a fast 120W heater could power up instantly (like the Bowle)

However without any of those features - I struggle to see why I'd buy it over the MiniVap. MiniVap has bigger bigger bowl, giant battery life, looks much sleeker, and just as easy to use and even easier to clean.

Damnit S&B - so close, but not close enough... again
I don’t think minivap oven to be bigger than SB’s portable ovens (the opposite tbh) but I could be wrong. Flavor is nicer on minivap but SB’s portables have had many features that minivap lacks. To name one the capsule system is something minivap lacks hard imho.
Venty is like a squared minivap. Minecraft vape.

seki

The Crafty is the most appealing S&B product to me. It has the neatest, most practical design.
My personal favourite S&B product is the Volcano Classic, but that's more first vape nostalgia. I have to agree that the form factor of the Crafty being the most practical and useful. I kind of think of the TM as an artisanal Crafty as it checks all the boxes that seem to be the most common complaints with S&B vapes: removable battery, on demand, no plastic body, all glass vapour path in pretty much exactly the same form factor. It's my de-facto on the go vape these days.
This thing has a coil wrapped around a cylinder, it's very uninspiring.
I'm in the same boat about the heater. I was hoping the "new improved heating technology" meant a different material or design altogether, and I guess we got a new design, but given that it's similar to things we've seen in other vapes, it's a bit of a letdown after such a long period of time between new devices. On top of that, for such a tiny heater the rest of the vape seems comically big. Both the size and price could use a reduction of about 25% IMO.

Again, the only point of bringing ball vapes here is to explain why I think the 130W heater will not be able to keep the air at constant temperature as it passes through. Obviously they are very different devices. But we will see.
Like you mentioned in one of your previous posts, I also think it'll basically come down to that initial 20 second heat up claim. If it's accurate then like a ball vape, a heater made with only a single medium, that has much higher heat conductivity, directly connected to a heat source, using specifically tuned software should have a significantly shorter recovery period.

When you consider that a ball vape takes about 10 minutes to heat up, but only takes about 30 seconds to recover once it's heat soaked despite the additional mass and all of the other factors working against it, a small, directly connected heater shouldn't have any issue replenishing heat once it gets going by the same logic. If the claims of 10 sessions per charge are also accurate, we know it should have more than enough power to sustain that.

Examples of heaters with similar mass people are bringing up like the TM2, TP80 and Hopper definitely show how 130w should be more than enough to keep up and I think S&B is leaning pretty heavily on software to achieve this, sort of like how the Tubo firmware has been revised over the years to work well with Lamart devices. I'd wager the software S&B is using is bespoke code specifically written from the ground up for the Venty as opposed to being built on top of an e-cig custom firmware project. I guess ultimately though, I'm just expecting it to perform better than the Crafty/Mighty at a minimum. I personally don't think they'd put out a device that performs worse than their previous ones, and one that can't maintain temperature during a draw or session would be a step back from vapes that are effectively 10 years old at this point.

There is always a bit of combustion in all vapes. It is inevitable. Call it microcombustions if you don't like calling it combustion.
I recall reading a statement here that combustion is a binary thing. Either something catches fire and burns or it doesn't. There is no partial combustion. I know some people think that a load that's been blackened has been burned, but I don't think that's the case. Consider toast. If you leave bread in the toaster too long it turns black. colloquially we refer to that as burned but that isn't the same as combusted. There is no ash, and while there might be some smoke, that isn't necessarily an indication of fire.

Last edited:

Farid

@Varden, besides the points Cheebsy brought up, you're not considering the optimization of heat transfer via heater design. By manipulating the surface area, pattern of airflow, and a variety of other variables you can get more efficient heat transfer with the same mass heater and the same power.

The inclusion of a flow meter is very interesting. If they're able to have a very responsive heater, that could have very interesting results. It also appears the heater is different in style from the OG crafty/mighty, which is also interesting.

MDude

This is going a bit offtopic, but I'm curious to know then, in your opinion, what is the reason pure convection vapor is smoother than hybrid and hybrid smother than conduction. If there is no combustion at all at any level. (And I'm not talking about which one hits harder, I'm talking about how smooth the vapor feels when inhaling.)
It is not combustion. Google combustion temperatures, 210 degrees celsius is nowhere near combustion.
It is one of the reasons, if not the only, that S&B vapes don't go higher in temp.

MinnBobber

I don’t think minivap oven to be bigger than SB’s portable ovens (the opposite tbh) but I could be wrong. Flavor is nicer on minivap but SB’s portables have had many features that minivap lacks. To name one the capsule system is something minivap lacks hard imho.
Huge request: first person who has access to MiniVAP , please see if their Flexicone / basket modules work in Venty !!

Would allow direct use in water piece or J-hook

I’d be buying for vacation use!
Quick hits, powerful hits, cool hits, better flavor with more convection, ability to filter out the tiny particles with a hemp paper filter

Is there a firm delivery date for units in the US?

Varden

Like you mentioned in one of your previous posts, I also think it'll basically come down to that initial 20 second heat up claim. If it's accurate then like a ball vape, a heater made with only a single medium, that has much higher heat conductivity, directly connected to a heat source, using specifically tuned software should have a significantly shorter recovery period.

When you consider that a ball vape takes about 10 minutes to heat up, but only takes about 30 seconds to recover once it's heat soaked despite the additional mass and all of the other factors working against it, a small, directly connected heater shouldn't have any issue replenishing heat once it gets going by the same logic. If the claims of 10 sessions per charge are also accurate, we know it should have more than enough power to sustain that.

It should recover very quickly once the air is not flowing. But I have not talked at all about that.

My point is that due to the lower mass of the heater compared to a ball vape, it should suffer as the rest of the portable heaters and not be able to fully heat as the air is passing, despite its 130W.

If you believe an oven with small mass can keep up while air is passing, what is the point off having a high mass oven? Why go through the hassle of having ball vapes? Just use a low mass oven, as you believe it still can keep up. But in reality there is a difference, hence why ball vapes have become popular.

Mind you, in theory, and in line with German engineers reputation, it should be able to consume bawls quicker than any other battery powered device (I struggle to call it portable) just because it has almost double the power of any other commercial device out there. My point from the beginning is that I struggle to see how the flow control will help the PID as the heater should be already maxed out while the air is flowing.

And for third time, all of this is just in theory and I am willing to be proven wrong when we see it in use.

I recall reading a statement here that combustion is a binary thing. Either something catches fire and burns or it doesn't. There is no partial combustion. I know some people think that a load that's been blackened has been burned, but I don't think that's the case. Consider toast. If you leave bread in the toaster too long it turns black. colloquially we refer to that as burned but that isn't the same as combusted. There is no ash, and while there might be some smoke, that isn't necessarily an indication of fire.
Regardless of the semantics of how anyone wants to define combustion, the physical phenomenon remains unchanged.

In fact, it is interesting that you bring the toast example because there were studies warning about having too much balck areas in the toast as those areas had the same composition (with the cancer risk) as a fully burned toast. And that does not change whether you call it burnt or not.

So I'll repeat the question that has not been answered: in your opinion, what is the reason pure convection vapes have smoother vapor than hybrids, and hybrids smoother than conduction?

@Varden, besides the points Cheebsy brought up, you're not considering the optimization of heat transfer via heater design. By manipulating the surface area, pattern of airflow, and a variety of other variables you can get more efficient heat transfer with the same mass heater and the same power.

The inclusion of a flow meter is very interesting. If they're able to have a very responsive heater, that could have very interesting results. It also appears the heater is different in style from the OG crafty/mighty, which is also interesting.

An oven optimized for heat delivering will make for a better vaporizer, but it does not change my point that 130W should not be enough.

And yes, the flow control sensor is an interesting addition hence why im trying to understsnd how it will be used by the pid while the air is passing.

Varden,

MDude

It should recover very quickly once the air is not flowing. But I have not talked at all about that.

My point is that due to the lower mass of the heater compared to a ball vape, it should suffer as the rest of the portable heaters and not be able to fully heat as the air is passing, despite its 130W.

If you believe an oven with small mass can keep up while air is passing, what is the point off having a high mass oven? Why go through the hassle of having ball vapes? Just use a low mass oven, as you believe it still can keep up. But in reality there is a difference, hence why ball vapes have become popular.

Mind you, in theory, and in line with German engineers reputation, it should be able to consume bawls quicker than any other battery powered device (I struggle to call it portable) just because it has almost double the power of any other commercial device out there. My point from the beginning is that I struggle to see how the flow control will help the PID as the heater should be already maxed out while the air is flowing.

And for third time, all of this is just in theory and I am willing to be proven wrong when we see it in use.

Regardless of the semantics of how anyone wants to define combustion, the physical phenomenon remains unchanged.

In fact, it is interesting that you bring the toast example because there were studies warning about having too much balck areas in the toast as those areas had the same composition (with the cancer risk) as a fully burned toast. And that does not change whether you call it burnt or not.

So I'll repeat the question that has not been answered: in your opinion, what is the reason pure convection vapes have smoother vapor than hybrids, and hybrids smoother than conduction?

An oven optimized for heat delivering will make for a better vaporizer, but it does not change my point that 130W should not be enough.

And yes, the flow control sensor is an interesting addition hence why im trying to understsnd how it will be used by the pid while the air is passing.
If you can get a load in S&B to become black you would be the first one to do it. Or your S&B vape is malfunctioning.

I suggest you read on the difference between conduction and convection , there is a lot of info here on fc.

MDude,
Reactions: tashian

Varden

If you can get a load in S&B to become black you would be the first one to do it. Or your S&B vape is malfunctioning.

I suggest you read on the difference between conduction and convection , there is a lot of info here on fc.
Thanks for the condescension.

Since we are suggesting to each other, I would suggest you read what i write and asnwer it (or ignore it) instead of imagining what you think i wrote and answering to your imagination.

Radwin Bodnic

It is most probably from the Maillard reaction.

This is fairly off topic and it deserves its own thread, where I would be interested to discuss if you go that way.

MDude

Thanks for the condescension.

Since we are suggesting to each other, I would suggest you read what i write and asnwer it (or ignore it) instead of imagining what you think i wrote and answering to your imagination.
You suggested there is micro combustion happening in blackened load.

Neither microcombustion nor blackened load can happen in any of the Storz and Bickel vapes.
At least in my experience with a number of years using Plenty, Mighty, Mighty+ and Volcano.
I never saw black.

Btw. I was not condenscending when I suggested you read about different types of heating. Sorry if I came across that way.

And to answer your question from before, my TM and TM2 can irritate me more than my Volcano and they are full convection or Mighty which is hybrid so I think it is subjective as someone already mentioned.
What to you may be harsh to me maybe it is not and vice versa.

Last edited:

justcametomind

Huge request: first person who has access to MiniVAP , please see if their Flexicone / basket modules work in Venty !!

Would allow direct use in water piece or J-hook

I’d be buying for vacation use!
Quick hits, powerful hits, cool hits, better flavor with more convection, ability to filter out the tiny particles with a hemp paper filter

Is there a firm delivery date for units in the US?
I will try if a flexicone fits the Venty, but wpas will be available pretty soon for sure and that would work better.
I already tried fitting flexicone+basket or minivap wpa+basket on Mighty. Mivivap basket is smaller than S&B oven so vaporization is not even. I'd wait a wpa tbh.
@MDude not even a hint of burnt taste is the trademark of S&B as you said.
I think some people buy a Mighty as a first vape while still trying to quit smoking.
In such a situation they would cough up a lung everytime they vape with every vape but they have a Mighty, so they blame it for their cough.
Smaller load and/or lower temperature and the cough is gone ime.

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
MiniVap bowl fits 2x S&B dosing capsules with room to spare.

MiniVap doesn't annoyingly auto-turn off like the Mighty.

I think the Venty will have cooler vapour than the MiniVap - MV doesn't have the best cooling unfortunately

However battery life and thermal efficiency and handling of MiniVap is better. Even before the new updated battery pack I'd get 4hrs leaving the MiniVap on nonstop and it'd still keep trucking

Better looking unit, looks like a thermos, and gigantic bowl.

However the Venty I think is going to have outstanding vapour. Excited to see what happens! In my head the Venty and Mighty share the same space - big big portables not compromising on delivery

Edit: I wonder how long until we find out if it's possible to mod the Venty to have removable 18650s like the Crafty+ mod. This might be what convinces me to buy it since I have a very light backpacking kit which uses 18650s in my powerbank and headlamp. Being able to swap on-demand to give more juice to my phone or headlamp is essential - hence why I use the Airvape Legacy Pro. Probably a far cry though since S&B engineers these things as small and tight as possible

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
MiniVap bowl fits 2x S&B dosing capsules with room to spare.

MiniVap doesn't annoyingly auto-turn off like the Mighty.

I think the Venty will have cooler vapour than the MiniVap - MV doesn't have the best cooling unfortunately

However battery life and thermal efficiency and handling of MiniVap is better. Even before the new updated battery pack I'd get 4hrs leaving the MiniVap on nonstop and it'd still keep trucking

Better looking unit, looks like a thermos, and gigantic bowl.

However the Venty I think is going to have outstanding vapour. Excited to see what happens! In my head the Venty and Mighty share the same space - big big portables not compromising on delivery

Edit: I wonder how long until we find out if it's possible to mod the Venty to have removable 18650s like the Crafty+ mod. This might be what convinces me to buy it since I have a very light backpacking kit which uses 18650s in my powerbank and headlamp. Being able to swap on-demand to give more juice to my phone or headlamp is essential - hence why I use the Airvape Legacy Pro. Probably a far cry though since S&B engineers these things as small and tight as possible
I have a beautiful crimson color one of the Minivap...I stopped using it after I bought it a year or so ago...it just is way too hot. Also, it weighed too much for me. I am a patient and after a while it was just too much for me...I did not vibe with it...wanted to but, never happened. Someone mentioned the Classic Volcano was their favorite...it is mine as well. I love using the balloon...its easy and simple for my hands. I find though that none of my higher end units have the flavor of the Legacy Pro...I am looking forward to getting a Venty and experiencing it for awhile...I do love my Mighty Plus...I love how simple it is and how well made it really is...it might be plastic but, it sure is an amazing product! S&B is a fabulous company...I do not care who owns it or blah blah blah...its a good product in my own experience and always has come through....the S&B quality is high. The price is $450...I am not finding that exaggerated. The price of everything has gone up...I am sure there will be places that will be selling this unit at a better price eventually...I am just happy we have such variety to choose from...good choices. Good luck S&B and congratulations on your new unit. Can't wait to see some reviews...

MDude

I am really interested in how Venty compares to Mighty+ and Mighty.
Hopefully there will be someone who has the Mighty or Mighty+ and now Venty and compares them for us.
What I want to know is if there is such a big difference in performance that would justify buying the Venty for us who already have the S&B lineup.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I have a beautiful crimson color one of the Minivap...I stopped using it after I bought it a year or so ago...it just is way too hot. Also, it weighed too much for me. I am a patient and after a while it was just too much for me...I did not vibe with it...wanted to but, never happened. Someone mentioned the Classic Volcano was their favorite...it is mine as well. I love using the balloon...its easy and simple for my hands. I find though that none of my higher end units have the flavor of the Legacy Pro...I am looking forward to getting a Venty and experiencing it for awhile...I do love my Mighty Plus...I love how simple it is and how well made it really is...it might be plastic but, it sure is an amazing product! S&B is a fabulous company...I do not care who owns it or blah blah blah...its a good product in my own experience and always has come through....the S&B quality is high. The price is $450...I am not finding that exaggerated. The price of everything has gone up...I am sure there will be places that will be selling this unit at a better price eventually...I am just happy we have such variety to choose from...good choices. Good luck S&B and congratulations on your new unit. Can't wait to see some reviews...
Wow neat to see! I love the MiniVap but it is a bit hot and heavy. I do prefer the vapor overall over the Airvape Legacy Pro though.

I think we're all itching to see the first review videos of the Venty!

deadlytoaster,
Top Bottom