Venty by Storz & Bickel

passenger

is this thing on?
In the Mighty it’s easy to micro dose imho. Mighty at max temp, bottom of a capsule in the oven. When it’s ready I place a pinch of weed and vape it.
The best vaporizer for such a dose imho is the Volcano, set at 230°C, this technique with the Mighty always gave me comparable effects to a Volcano micro bag.
The same technique on the Venty yields not much vapor at all and it’s the only issue I have with it.
Some people say they had great results with a glass insert and SS/Ti caps. I tried glass insert/Ti/SS caps but I had not the same results unfortunately I suspect they vape more than 30/50 mg as I do and that the glass insert must be full. Slightly better results with a coarse grind.
That is of course vaporizing it by adding conduction. Vaporizing microdoses with convection I thought might be possible with the Venty and it's disappointing if not.

passenger,
Reactions: JoeMama

GorilaGlue4

Posting for anyone who is going to try to use hash in the Venty.
So I didn't try the sandwich method, or the capsule method (which I will explain shortly why), but I found an old concentrate pad from my Legacy Pro which I lost while moving apartments. I simply cut the hash into very little pieces and put them on top of the pad instead of on the bottom of the pad (as darbarikanada suggested earlier). The first time I used a small amount, which resulted in un-even draws, sometimes it drew and sometimes it didn't. It probably needed some heating every time before a hit. I found that smearing the hash on top of the concentrate pad helped quite a bit. I was a bit disappointed by the vapor amount but was happy to see it work.
The second time I tried it I put more hash in, and it worked a lot better. I didn't really look inside the heating chamber and most of the hits drew vapor, and even large amounts of it. It got me a nice high and I was happy with the result this time.
This is my first time using concentrates in a vape. If you are a Venty owner reading this and want to try what I tried, I suggest you buy the Legacy Pro concentrate pad as it fits perfectly in the Venty chamber. For context, I used hard hash, and people with bubble hash or perhaps more liquid-y concentrates will be able to get even better results.

Overall I rate the experience about 6-7/10. Venty is fucking amazing for flower, but if you are stuck with concentrates with no better way than combustion, the Venty would probably be better.

Thanks for everyone who helped me with this! All your help is greatly appreciated:)

Mischa

That is of course vaporizing it by adding conduction. Vaporizing microdoses with convection I thought might be possible with the Venty and it's disappointing if not.
Conduction Mighty/Venty happens by chance IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mischa,

cptofnthng

I think conduction happens automatically, because the bowl is heated.
Microdosing might work with a reducer and on high temp. But its not working without.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Mischa

twain55

Post on reddit saying S&B isn't RMA'ing for Error 4 any more.

"it appears that they are no longer offering RMA replacements for Venty devices with the "Error 4" issue. Instead, they mentioned that all affected devices will be fixed soon through an upcoming update."

bellona0544

Post on reddit saying S&B isn't RMA'ing for Error 4 any more.

"it appears that they are no longer offering RMA replacements for Venty devices with the "Error 4" issue. Instead, they mentioned that all affected devices will be fixed soon through an upcoming update."
Yeah, I saw that. At least one other person in the thread is in the same boat and it seems to be accurate.

Again, never buying S&B. This is a company that used to have good customer service. But having to do repeated replacements on a device that clearly should never have launched is terrible customer service. The fact that you have to send your device in first when they know the devices are bricked and you are just left without your $500 purchase for a week every single time the faulty thing breaks is terrible customer service. Not honoring the shipping policy in the warranty as a default and making customers request S&B pay for the shipping that they have already agreed to for RMA claims is terrible customer service. Not responding to any of the very real criticisms in any meaningful way with any kind of public PR approach and instead just sending people who have already bought your device updates about their faulty devices and then continuing to sell it with no warning is terrible customer service.

I understand that people think that having a robust RMA process is good customer service (although I would argue it is far inferior to just, ya know, having working products that cost half a grand). But the thing is the RMA process is no longer robust. Everything I have mentioned has been seen over and over again. Customer service sends canned responses instead of actually solving the issue with an RMA. And now, the Venty is no longer eligible for warranty for the massive, repeated error that hundreds or thousands of users are having. There is no RMA process for the Venty's most common issue. That is not robust, and is probably illegal in the EU, but S&B clearly does not care.

And the fact that they can't even put a time on it. In that post, the user was waiting for over a week, meaning this is not a fix that warranted shutting off RMAs which take roughly a week. Even if it comes tomorrow, it will have meant that users had a worse experience than what was stated in company policy as allowable.

Honestly, any goodwill I had toward S&B from my friends with 20-year-old volcanoes has entirely vanished. I will not be buying any new S&B products until I see some major changes in customer service and accountability. Hell, I won't even be buying any used devices, because I have absolutely zero faith that S&B will honor their warranties or will actually fix them if there are problems since they have shown such blatant disregard for their own policies and support. To those who got hoodwinked into buying this brick, I am so sorry, and I hope there is some recourse for you in the future, since right now S&B isn't allowing returns even for defective products. I know, I know, "when it works, it is the best electric vape on the market!" But a device with even a 5 or 10% chance of becoming a paperweight doesn't seem like anyone can actually reasonably claim that it is a reliable device.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
To those who got hoodwinked into buying this brick, I am so sorry, and I hope there is some recourse for you in the future, since right now S&B isn't allowing returns even for defective products. I know, I know, "when it works, it is the best electric vape on the market!" But a device with even a 5 or 10% chance of becoming a paperweight doesn't seem like anyone can actually reasonably claim that it is a reliable device.
Don't feel sorry for me mate, my Venty is still banging the drum daily. Great vape, I loves it.

I've not had to use S&B customer service much, so I'm no expert like you, but on the one occasion I did have to (mighty case - the zip went tits up), they just sent me a new one, no questions asked.

I've had my Mighty for about 2 years now and my Venty since Christmas, both have had zero issues.
I have no reason to hate on S&B thus far...

bellona0544

For the people who aren't having problems, great! Hopefully you will continue to get lucky and not have problems that we know will be poorly resolved at this point. Enjoy that ultra-free airflow!

Sidoney

Sorry if it's already been answered, I can't go through 85 pages. But how do I update my Venty?

If they're talking about resolving the error in an upcoming update, I need to find out how to update - I swear I've looked everywhere but can't find where to update in the app lol

Sidoney,
Reactions: Jill NYC

AndyO

Sorry if it's already been answered, I can't go through 85 pages. But how do I update my Venty?

If they're talking about resolving the error in an upcoming update, I need to find out how to update - I swear I've looked everywhere but can't find where to update in the app lol

You just follow the instructions to connect to the web app via bluetooth, if there's an update it will download it automatically.

JoeMama

Microdosing might work with a reducer and on high temp.
It most certainly does. I'm still using about a half-full titanium capsule (0.06g) with a 1/2 inch fine SS screen pressed into the top, slightly compressing the material. Been about a month using this method, day in day out, all day, and I can't see any way to improve on this!

I have a Venty and love it. But it is my first and so far only vape. Now with the 420 sales on I am feeling some VAS/VAD. Does anyone have recommendations for a second dry flower unit? My wife HATES!!!! the fragrance of cannabis so I need a portable unit for use outdoors.

chillAtGVC,

BreadStick

I have a Venty and love it. But it is my first and so far only vape. Now with the 420 sales on I am feeling some VAS/VAD. Does anyone have recommendations for a second dry flower unit? My wife HATES!!!! the fragrance of cannabis so I need a portable unit for use outdoors.
Do you find the Venty too large to take outdoors? I would've thought of the Venty as one the better outdoor vape options, maybe you could get some dosing caps for it to try outdoor use? If you're sure you want another vape I'd say either the tinymight 2 or firewood 9 will be your best options. If you wanna ask more I'd start a thread in the "Ask FC" forum explaining exactly what you want out of a new vape because we aren't supposed to discuss other devices in these device threads.

olivianewtonjohn

I think a ball vape is the move, even if you have to vape in the garage or somewhere else to not bother your wife.

If not able to do that then maybe the tinymight

olivianewtonjohn,

condition

Just get a Dynavap, there is a big chance that you will love it

Moody

Just get a Dynavap, there is a big chance that you will love it
This is good advice. I bought a mighty + a couple years ago and havent felt VAS until the Venty was announced...i was going to buy on 420. Glad i waited. given how that fiasco has gone, i decided to try two other manufacturers instead - arizer and dynavap. I was really on the fence about the dynavaps. Wasnt sure i would like the form factor, how it operates....after using it a couple times I quickly knew no matter what other vapes i have, id always have a dynavap. It is so similar to smoking a joint it will really surprise you. And such a smaller amount of product gets you pretty high. Blew me away due to its efficiency. Im really glad i took the chance. I would not have bought it tho if i had to use a torch. I dont want to get involved w butane. The wand heater works great. You will most likely like the dynavap.

Cacahuates

I love my butane vapes... but outdoors they are finicky. I don't know where you live but for me trying to get one going in a windy 0C and under is not ideal. The Venty is unhindered in the cold and wind. It actually adds extra cooling.
I guess a wand may be a solution or another IH?
Again fumbling in the cold is minimalized by the simplicity of the venty.

cptofnthng

Im still puzzled by all the praise for the venty. But i felt the same for the mighty. The taste is average at best and it takes 10-12 hits on 190°C to clear a bowl. Miles away from a tinymight running 5/10 with a j-hook in terms of power, density of vapor and taste. Very overpriced too.
I guess an arizer air max does the same job while tasting better. I only really enjoy it for times where i want to sip slowly. Adaptability is almost none too, i mean mute the taste even more through water?
Good job for 10 years of possible innovation S&B. I really like the battery though. For a non changeable.

Cacahuates

Im still puzzled by all the praise for the venty. But i felt the same for the mighty. The taste is average at best and it takes 10-12 hits on 190°C to clear a bowl. Miles away from a tinymight running 5/10 with a j-hook in terms of power, density of vapor and taste. Very overpriced too.
I guess an arizer air max does the same job while tasting better. I only really enjoy it for times where i want to sip slowly. Adaptability is almost none too, i mean mute the taste even more through water?
Good job for 10 years of possible innovation S&B. I really like the battery though. For a non changeable.
I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think these are 2 different animals and serve different purposes.
One thing is that when I pass the venty to a non-vapor they can hit it with no problem and are always impressed. It's consistent and easy.
Results vary with the tinymight. TM is great but some people take time dialing it in. I'm always a little sad when someone cant get it because they are missing out on an amazing experience.

I think they can both exist in the same collection.

However if I were to only have one...

tashian

TM miles away front the Venty? Do not agree at all, having both these are two different vaporizers and I honestly can't say the TM2 is any better than the Venty. I also only stand the TM thru a J-hook or water and it is in fact faster extraction but for a couple sessions then change battery if you will... the high is defnetly not the same, I much prefer the Venty way, actualy even the Mighty high is nicer than the "downer" TM2. Still, I love both.

On the Venty, can't help some frustration with the capsules because these do not fit amazingly. For instance the capsules of the Legacy Pro fit much better and are overall much better capsules for the Venty. Strnge but true. I feel that the Mighty capsules leave quite a bit of uncovered space all around the perimeter of the capsule unlike those of the ALP.

olivianewtonjohn

J-hook?

Sounds like we bought our vapes for different reasons. Mine is for portability, out and about. The stock airpath provides some cooling so you dont need a j-hook or anything but the vape.

Top Bottom