VAS: Vape Aquisition Syndrome The malady we love to hate

gr8full.terp

After 35 years of illegal combustion I think I have tried to make up for it in the last year and a half of being legal and buying my first vape. I am fascinated by the uniqueness and beauty of many extraction devices. However After over spending in the last month I am trying to kick back and enjoy the vapes I own. I too am looking into making some things to quench my thirst. VAS is real for many of us. We are all members of the Vapour Appreciation Society.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Flower VAS is creeping again, but I don’t even know what could possibly ‘better’ my current lineup, but perhaps there are some devices that might compliment my existing rotation. Any suggestions?

Current daily drivers include Tetra P80, Moorwood Toad, TinyMight2, several dynavap configurations, MiniVap, Bowle, eNano, and others.

I favor devices with minimal restriction airflow and maximum extraction.

What do y’all think I should consider? Injector? What’s the latest and greatest?

Radwin Bodnic

Flower VAS is creeping again, but I don’t even know what could possibly ‘better’ my current lineup, but perhaps there are some devices that might compliment my existing rotation. Any suggestions?

Current daily drivers include Tetra P80, Moorwood Toad, TinyMight2, several dynavap configurations, MiniVap, Bowle, eNano, and others.

What do y’all think I should consider? Injector? What’s the latest and greatest?
Have you tried the Vapman ?

hoptimum

You need a ball vape.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping

Wait for the upcoming new Thermal Accumulator :2c:

gr8full.terp

I find enano really restrictive, where as the Underdog Alpha is very open airflow and a lot of fun.

Durbandream

I rotate between my Arizer Air Max, Terpcicle and 18mm quartz cap. The Air Max is perfect for low temp vaping and clear head highs, the Terpcicle is great for medium intensity hits and thick clouds, and the 18mm is a heavy hitter, great flavor, huge clouds and big, trippy effects. I can't see myself needing more, maybe the next version of the TinyMight if they improve the battery, but I have a hard time seeing what anything else has to offer, especially for the price.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Phase3 ZX , a 14mm zirconia injector for smaller loads (~.05g): great effects, excellent flavor, low-temp, complete blond roast. This is a DD for me.
Cloud Connoisseur's Zeal: 22mm diffuser (Stainless or Zirconia) for larger loads (~.1g+): great effects, flavor, low temp, thorough roast.
Vapvana Screwball: 22m diffuser (Stainless) for larger loads (.2 - .4g recommended) filled with gem-cut rubies for extra surface area: great effects, low temp, thorough roast, good flavor. All three are fairly unrestricted for ball vapes.

All three are fairly amazing, especially at their prices.

You might also look into CC's Omega which will be able to switch coil/coilless, diffuser/injector, 14mm/18mm, iiuc. Cannabis Hardware has a new model with an injector on one end of the head and a diffuser on the other.

EDIT: Both types of Zeal are coming available:

ZXs in stock with new zirconia bowls:

Reach out to Cal if the @Vapvana Screwball looks like your thing.

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
So I used to have VAS bad. I switched over from combustion pretty quickly after I found out about vaping (more effect, less smell, more efficient, what's not to like) I think the reason was actually this place. I used to be on here in my early 20s. (I think my name was the doctor e or something)

Anyway, I went through...idk how many vapes altogether? Solo, vapor genie, flashlight, mflb, og firewood, og pax, one of the DaVincis, arizer air, og cloud, lsv, ssv, extreme q, sticky brick hydro max, dyna Ti woody, and a handful more I can't remember.

To be completely honest, I don't remember why I got so many. I was searching for something. I'm not sure what. I do know that the last vape I had was my favorite (the dyna) I actually gave up vaping for a while (4 years) after only having the dyna for about the same amount of time.

Now that I'm finally getting back into consuming cannabis via vaping, I find I don't have nearly the VAS as before. The only vapes that interest me are dynavaps, possibly the anvil, and the couch log.

Famous last words and all, but there ya go lol

Durbandream

Since you don't mind butane heating the Terpcicle and the 18mm Quartz Cap from The Rogue Wax Works are must-haves. The 18mm especially, the airflow is incredibly open and natural. Both hit hard, produce massive clouds with suprisingly little weed (although you can pack in a lot), are all glass and they're cheap, $90 for both. I call the 18mm "The Dragon" because it's exactly what I've been chasing all this time, I'm not interested in getting any higher than what that thing is capable of. It's also great for flavor chasing since the purity of the taste is unreal, to the extent that I don't use some strains with it because the flavor is so strong and some strains are gross (looking at you, Lemon Thai).

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I put my vapes generally into two categories. Battery powered vapes, and butane powered vapes. In the battery powered vape category, I use primarily my TinyMight, and my Splinter Z on a DNA mod. I often use them both in a given session switching them off when one or the other gets too warm.
For butane power I use my Lotus, (primarily at home) and various Vapcaps that I use at home and when out and about. I have some other vapes that I use regularly, but I would say that some 75% of my vaping is done with these two categories and these choices within those categories.
I do occasionally use carts on a Yucan battery when I am after complete stealth or feeling lazy, but less so since lung surgery so as to avoid coughing. I rarely am looking for huge hits anymore so I am not doing any dabs.

Being very happy with the above I find that I am less susceptible to VAS than I was, but once good and stoned, anything can happen so I can be "influenced" by suggestions from y'all. I don't hold it against ya as I can always avoid reading in here if I am feeling weak... :lol:

coolbreeze

Also, if you don't mind whips the Seventh Floor Silver Surfer (and the sssv, and soon the DBV) now have a heater cover that turns it into a ball vape, with all the benefits: lower temps, better flavor, huge, cool, fluffy hits. Great direct or through water, the SSV has a glass wand that can be used instead of the whip. Totally solid workhorse, well-built and long-lasting, can run safely 24/7. It's not new but it's a top performer.

Old_muel

Though I know it's incurable I've been able to get my own case of VAS down to a somewhat stable & controllable level & with proper management I find I'm able to keep mostly symtom free with only occasional severe flare ups these days,- lol. Just calculated & haven't made a purchase for approx 9 months,- now I know a lot of you guys are much worse than me & I really feel for you it must be tough but I'm here to tell you hang in there there is hope.......:lol:

fangorn

I love questioning the VAS / my VAS .
for me, we find excellent way for reflection in psychology...
I would love for a psychologist or sociologist to write an article on the subject!

- be careful, I know that the following remarks are my hypotheses and representations, and that they will not speak to everyone... but even if we are all different, I think that fundamentally there is a little “that” which is played out for everyone, not in the same proportions -

for me, addictions are the search for a lost state... but you can try anything, you will never find the feeling of fullness felt in the womb... I believe that heroin addicts seek the sensations of their first take without ever succeeding...

in the case of cigarettes or joints, you pump on something to bring out a white and milky substance... like a baby suckling on its mother's breast...
it's a bit of a comfort blanket/a transitional object...

and with vaporization, I gave up on combustion, so I still have a shortage.
I am therefore looking for the perfect vape... the one which will remind me of the sensation of a joint, which itself will remind me unconsciously, in a primary and archaic way, of my mother's breast/the pleasure of the bottle.

as it will never happen (to find this feeling again), I will continue to search despite myself.

the only way (for me) is to redirect this impulse towards something else.
Before I got the VAS, I was looking for the perfect electronic cigarette...I bought a lot!!

to finally turn to something else... I devoured information for months to grow my cannabis, then I looked for the perfect accessories for my equipment...

there is also a link with compulsive purchases, and the need to fill a gap. but depending on our management, depending on the period... satisfaction can be very short-lived...

and then I came across Fc... like I came across an electronic cigarette forum, like I came across a cannabis growers forum.
So I will have to leave FC one day!
I imagine there is something about recognition by one's peers...

That's it for my theories. Well, these are not my theories... I just copied them from the area that interests us on Fc...

Concretely, I managed to keep the VAS away for almost a year. For this I had to buy a Tp80, an Fw7, an anvil. Then I got a Toad and sold the Tp80 and the F7...
I bought a Vapman following my sales. and a few months later, I bought a Vapman, a terpedo, then a Lotus...

and there, I suffered a violent VAS... I won the draw for a Toad, I bought a fw9, a Vapman heating station, a tempest, the Wand...

I am a very reasonable and pragmatic person... apart from this passion/addiction...

So I think my change of country and the financial uncertainty at the beginning just kept my VAS away for a while, and now I'm letting go of the past frustration.

I'm the only one bringing in money right now... and my children will always have a roof over their heads, something to eat, something to wear, something to play with. They won't miss anything... but right after that comes the vaporisation. I hope that one day I will find a better balance and that I will not have to spend my entire budget on my toys...

in the meantime I'm selling other vaporizers to relieve guilt and finance other purchases...

Anyway, that’s my very personal experience with the VAS.
I distrust it and I love it.

Happy vaping everyone!

Top Bottom