VaporReviewBlog's Underdog Giveway Picture Contest

uh0hitzhazey

o6VPykq.jpg

King

Accessory Maker
An ethical dilemma has been brought to my attention, and I'd like to give everybody the opportunity to make the choice they feel is right.

While dog (or cat) sharing isn't against the rules. Loaning your companion to a friend who registers a new account to enter the contest is a venture into an ethical gray area. This won't be the last contest we'll be running, and I can guarantee we'll have another Underdog contest in the not too distant future. Lets not set the wrong precedent for current and future contests.

Remember, we run these contests so that people can have a chance to win a nifty prize for doing something fun & goofy. If moderating the contest turns into work, we're going to be less inclined to do the legwork involved in setting these contests up in the future.

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

An ethical dilemma has been brought to my attention, and I'd like to give everybody the opportunity to make the choice they feel is right.

While Dog (or cat) sharing isn't against the rules. Loaning your companion to a friend who registers a new account to enter the contest is a venture into an ethical gray area. This won't be the last contest we'll be running, and I can guarantee we'll have another Underdog contest in the not to distant future. Lets not set the wrong precedent for current and future contest.

Remember, we run these contests so that people can have a chance to win a nifty prize for doing something fun & goofy. If moderating the contest turns into work, we're going to be less inclined to do the legwork involved in setting these contests up in the future.

Something I had not considered, but I definitely see your point. With a contest this fun and silly, I doubt anyone really gave that one much thought. You're absolutely right though. I mean, I couldn't care less who "wins," but in all fairness, you hit this one right on.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I'm a member of a number of other forums and during giveaways there always seems to be an influx of new members that join the giveaway and then never post again or contribute to the site in any other way until the next giveaway. This bums me out. I've done a couple giveaways on this forum (another coming soon!) and I always attach these two rules. First, you must be a member of this forum for at least ten days prior to the start of the contest. Second, you must have at least 20 posts by the start of the contest to be eligible. By adding these two rules you guarantee that only active members are participating and have a chance to win. Some people find this unfair, but I find it to be extremely fair and called for. To me, these contests and giveaways are rewards for active and contributing members to this awesome forum.

King

Accessory Maker
Great point! As a lurker who was inspired to start posting because of this contest, I have to confess that I'm grateful this one didn't have those particular rules. I love sharing pictures of my dog and vaporizing and this was just the push I needed to stop lurking.
I love sharing pictures of your dog too!
aPx1VUY.png

Edit:
Extra points if your dog or cat (good luck coaxing an expression out of a cat) looks like they've been hitting the UD too. See below for (the greatest) examples (ever):
hSanFNM.jpg

ferDxVW.jpg

hh8wYfY.jpg

sso1COA.jpg

IToHbBl.jpg

yQcaB6r.jpg

Disclaimer: Points don't count for anything, well, maybe brownies. You will get brownie points.
Disclaimer 2: Dogs don't like being high (besides they don't get high, just ill), be nice to your furry companion.

Last edited:

Boranel

Hey everybody! I've got nothing but a humble magic flight, and though I love it dearly, an underdog would be just the thing to round out my arsenal. I also agree with the above post regarding the dog sharing-- I don't think that should be kosher. Anyway, I enlisted my trusty hound to help me out; here he is!

Last edited:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Me and my boy Indigo. Man look at my eyes ... you can tell I've been chilling out hitting the Underdog for a few hours :freak:

He's practically a dog ... he loves to play fetch and follows me around the house when I'm here never leaving me alone haha. I plan on getting an Australian Sheppard next year some time tho

King

Accessory Maker
Me and my boy Indigo. Man look at my eyes ... you can tell I've been chilling out hitting the Underdog for a few hours :freak:

He's practically a dog ... he loves to play fetch and follows me around the house when I'm here never leaving me alone haha. I plan on getting an Australian Sheppard next year some time tho

Don't forget the card with your username and some kind words for our friends at UD! I don't want you to get disqualified on a technicatlity!

King,
Reactions: SD_haze

King

Accessory Maker
Hello there!
IMG_8580-2.jpg

IMG_8560-2.jpg
I once said that I'd never own a pug because they are butt ugly. Now that I've met and dogsat a few pugs, I'm ready to eat those words. Pugs are still butt ugly (in my opinion), but they have the most unique disposition, I love them. When I bring up the idea of getting a pug to my wife, her answer is always "I can't deal with all the breathing noises!" You're a lucky guy having a pug!

King,

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
I once said that I'd never own a pug because they are butt ugly. Now that I've met and dogsat a few pugs, I'm ready to eat those words. Pugs are still butt ugly (in my opinion), but they have the most unique disposition, I love them. When I bring up the idea of getting a pug to my wife, her answer is always "I can't deal with all the breathing noises!" You're a lucky guy having a pug!
Whatever bad can be said about pugs quickly becomes their charm, that's all I can say about that! If you get a puppy, they are not noisy(and are extra cute). By the time they do start to snore I think everybody sees it as funny and cute, plus, you or your gf should have grown on the pup by then ;). I personally feel bad for them, as they have difficulty breathing through their noses and it seems like they try so hard. Their personality and charismatic faces make up for it IMO.

Will B. Good,
Reactions: King
Top Bottom