• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing wax vs vaping buds-Any difference?

Vaping wax vs flowers?

• Wax

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Buds

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Bonesjones521

First timer! Love the site and looking for good opinions on portable wax pens vs flower pens.

I have been searching days.. I went in the shop with the intention to buy a portable vape pen specifically for wax. I then learned you can buy a portable pen for vaping flowers only. Or- one for both (but read these aren't too good). I just have a few questions.. First, is vaping wax vs vaping flowers different as far as a buzz goes? When I smoke regular flowers by combustion, I always tend to get anxious, groggy, and the come down is harsh..But when I vape a buddies portable wax pen- I feel great/not super stoned, it seems almost more clean, and energizes me. Dabs , I can't do at all for it is way too much for me.. Ha!

So, Is it the same buzz with vaping flowers vs vaping wax? Any advice would be great! Also, I come In more frequent contact with buds more than wax which is why I'm torn! Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
Bonesjones521,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hello. Welcome to FC.

You will probably get more exposure if this gets moved to ask FC.

The experience you will get with vaporizing flowers is very close to what you will experience with concentrates. It is a much cleaner/less groggy high when compared to combustion.

Concentrates are stronger per dose than vaporized flower, however you can get to where you want in no time at all with either.

I personally like both, but find a good convection vaporizer is the way to go if you are into a clean dab-like hit, and only want one device to sort of do everything, as most convection vapes also vape wax with a little ingenuity.

IMO, those concentrate/flower/combo pens are fine if you are an occasional user. If you are an occasional user, get a pen with 510 threading and find a good cartridge source...

If you are a regular user, they are not going to do it for you. The problem with concentrate pens is that their atomizer doesn't replicate a rig, or any other more efficient means of consuming oil, and it is a replaceable part in that it will last you a few weeks/months... the performance will begin to degrade fairly quickly and you will just decide when you have had enough with that atomizer/replace it.

Or... just go with a real vaporizer :)

What type of user are you and what type of experience are you looking for in your vaping sessions?

Last edited:
seaofgreens,
Reactions: steama

Bonesjones521

Thank you so much for your reply!

To answer your questions- I am a pretty frequent user. I smoke at least once a day (once home from work) and maybe sometimes more than that on the weekends. I primarily smoke bowls and hit the bowl (which is fairly small, nothing crazy big) about two-three normal hits. I don't like being ripped out of my mind. I simply enjoy being able to have my mind stimulated and like having the creative juices flowing without wanting to go back to sleep or be anxious.

While smoking my friends wax pen I felt EXACTLY this way. No anxiousness (I struggle with anxiety a bit) and no groggy/foggy mind. I LOVE IT! Just reading about everything lately..all signs point to going with a dry herb vape over the wax vape due to health concerns.. I guess they don't technically know if the wax is good for you due to butane and all that blah. Unfortunately I'm not in a state where it's legal for recreation and actually tested. But I didn't know if wax vape vs flower vape was similar in buzz- which you answered for me :).

So my next question is.. Are the portable flower bales even worth it if I'm looking to spend only 100-150? It seems like a lot of the reviews are bad about them.. Thanks again for any advice for I know
My thoughts are all over the place! You are awesome!!

Bonesjones521,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
So my next question is.. Are the portable flower bales even worth it if I'm looking to spend only 100-150? It seems like a lot of the reviews are bad about them.. Thanks again for any advice for I know
There are a few great portable/on-demand flower vapes available in that price range...
My favorites are the Firewood v3 and Vapman (which would work well with waxes too). There's also the Vapcap, MFLB, Lotus and Vapor Genie.

With any of those you can load small amounts / just take a few hits at a time, and get a much cleaner high than by smoking.

friedrich,
Top Bottom