Vaporizer Theft - Caught on tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
KTX, I really think if you back up a bit, you may see your experience as, partially, a cultural one. Go to another area, San Fran for instance, and that group of black guys may be Asians. Go to LA, Hispanics, Seattle white boys . . etc . . . it is not the race, it is the people, making choices about how they are going to behave. Racism lives in the minds and hearts of people. It is very much a tribal and cultural issue. You still have not answered my question about how, YOU KNOW, slavery was part of what happened in that store.

t-dub

Edit: How do you know? Truth is you don't. And this illustrates the THINKING ERROR on your part. Even if those guys were yelling "yaaaa!!!! My grandmother was a slave so I'm taking this!!!!" It still doesn't justify racial profiling of any kind. It just makes it a hate crime as well as a theft. If you are assuming these people were stealing for that reason, and judging from your other comments in this thread about yourself and your friends, how they act and what you all seem to respect, can I humbly suggest you take a long look in the mirror when it comes to racism and what you "think" you know about "reality".

t-dub,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
:2c::2c: Not that im a chat room user, but conflicting opinions warrant bans?
If racist remarks were being made then that is justifiable but Discussing the nature of aforementioned comments seems like a stretch of power.

Please post the logs as well as the moderator and user rules :rolleyes:

The entitlement comment was kind of off base from the video so I wouldnt be too angry with their reaction.
Time for a new user name eh :uhoh:

On a serious note: Im going to go vape now that I've written a well thought out response.

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member. You've now been warned. Thank you.

S1N3,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I am not a chat user at all so I can have no relevant opinion about what happened in there. I wish you all the best in resolving it.

t-dub

t-dub,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
pakalolo said:
He is banned. Complete logs available on request. I stand on my reputation.

Pretty conflicting to warn me when he openly offers the logs.
Again I dont care enough to be concerned this wasnt my fight. But, having read through rules, I could not find anything on moderation terms.

A helpful response would have been mailing me logs or moderator rules and pointing out they could not be shared publicly per the site rules. I will accept the first bit of my response as a forum violation since I did directly question why he was banned, but would ask you try serving the community with information/ courtesy over red text.

Stay classy and calm

edited for grammar and forgetting the r in g"r"ammar

S1N3,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
ktx49 said:
and FYI,
i am not white and ive lived in Atlanta for my entire life....which in case you dont watch MTV the last ten years, is a predominately black city(oops, for all the noobs, AFRICAN AMERICAN and HAIL OBAMA!)....i dont think id have lasted this long in Atlanta if I truly were racist.

ktx49 said:
and you know what my black friends say to me? they always comment how they like me because i dont act like most "white boys"

Wait... so you're not white, and your black friends like you because you don't act like most "white boys"? So you really are white and just lied to cover your racism, and then forget about that lie before you finished your post? :lol:

aesthyrian,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
aesthyrian said:
Wait... so you're not white, and your black friends like you because you don't act like most "white boys"? So you really are white and just lied to cover your racism, and then forget about that lie before you finished your post? :lol:

:clap: Beautiful hypocrisy. I love how this guy knows so much about "reality" but has lived in one place his whole life. Travel is good for the soul.

t-dub

t-dub,

max

Out to lunch
For those of you who feel that FC should censor and punish people for vague, generic, and debatable comments that don't even have a consensus on whether they're racist or not, please find another forum that suits you better. Maybe they'll even censor the jokes for you, so no one will ever be offended.

And then we have those who are criticizing management for being too tough with our rules and mod notes. We're too lenient here. We're too strict there. Funny how we're being both extremes at once, depending on the individual's viewpoint. If you don't like how we run the forum, we're not hiding email addresses. But we're not gonna allow public comments and discussions about it.

Our rules here concerning conduct are aimed at promoting a peaceful forum, where people can argue topics and keep personal animosities out of the discussion. If you expect us to be the 'thought police' and censor posts on the basis of individual opinions of what's politically correct, that's not gonna happen. The first mention of skin color in this thread was for the purpose of indentification. Assuming it was a racist comment instead, and reporting it as such, is a perfect example of why we don't like contentious topics like this here, along with politics, religion, etc. The threads almost always get into a less than civil discussion and rules are violated. We don't have the time or inclination to police the forum to suit everyone's sensibilities and philosophies. If you want to argue these hot topics, where there are no facts to settle things, just opinions, find another forum. There are plenty of 'em out there.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom