Vaporizer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
there are no differences between the mz and the wdz as far as i can tell, internals aside.

if you wanna get down to the nitty gritty: my mz is prettier and looks like its made a bit more carefully while my wdz has a much more solid bottom. that's all that i have noticed thus far, after a couple of months with the wdz and a day with the mz. :2c:

i cannot comment on heat right now since i have one on a 13.5v adapter and the other on a 12v. that will soon change.

both guys offer great customer service. both devices will get you stoned like jesus in jerusalem.

obelisk,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Iwien your advice is always helpful lol not only in this thread but in most I have read that you had any part in.
Those are great things to help me in my decision. The warranty WDZ is good to know and I am willing to give a new out a new company a try. How common is replacing necessary on either products? From what I have heard not very often so that alone wont be a deal sealer.

Here was Todds response:
Hi
I really can't say that there is anything better about one over the other. The woodeez has more mass in the heat exchanger and is completly lead free, but essentially they are the same inner workings.

Thanks Obelisk and Devo, both your responses are helpful. I think I am leaning towards the MZ now since its cheaper and does look a lot better. I guess whatever I learn from and decide on the brass/lead issue will be the deciding factor.

Nicholas Wolfwood,

lwien

Nicholas Wolfwood said:
Iwien your advice is always helpful lol not only in this thread but in most I have read that you had any part in.
Thanks, although I have no doubt that there are some here that think that I'm a real pain the ass. ;)

Nicholas Wolfwood said:
How common is replacing necessary on either products? From what I have heard not very often so that alone wont be a deal sealer.
The only things that are of concern with either product, including the PD btw, is the wood possibly cracking after repeated heat ups and cool downs, as well as the power cord where it attaches to your vape. I have had my PD up and operating 24/7 for over a year now with no issues and I really don't see why you would have any issues with the WDZ or the MZ either as long as you follow a few simple things, that have at least, worked for me.

I leave the vape on 24/7 and by doing so, the vape is not experiencing the temperature fluctuations that occur when you power it up and down repeatedly. Secondly, I rub BuzzButter into the warm vape once a month. I don't know if it helps to condition the wood and help it from not cracking, but it sure does make it look purty. I believe that MZ and WDZ has their own version of this type of wood conditioner. And thirdly, I am very careful every time I pick up the vape so that I don't put any strain on that power cord connection to the vape. Anytime I pick it up to hit it, I always make sure that the power cord is pointing down to relieve any strain. I also have the vape sitting far back on my end table so the cord is laying across the table in line with the vape, rather than draping down at a 90 degree angle. There are some that wrap electrical tape near that connection, but I never have.

As far as internal failures like a bad resistor or bad solder joints, Devo is correct in that those should show up within the first 30 days or so.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom