Vaporization Temperature?

So my friend bought himself a magic flight a few weeks back and he says he really likes it (though he has already had to use his warranty for breaking the screen)

Anyway I was in a library doing some research when I decided to look up tetrahydrocannabinol in the Merck Index. I was puzzled to find that its boiling point (temperature at which vaporization occurs) around 300 degree Fahrenheit. I then looked up cannabidiol and saw it as well vaporized at a high temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit. If the point of vaporization is to avoid combustion, then why are the two primarily active chemicals in weed have boiling points higher than that when plant matter combusts (roughly 220 degree Fahrenheit)? What are people getting high off of if their vaporizers are heated at a temperature that at least a hundred degrees of from THC's/CNB's boiling point?

LonelyStoner,

hoptimum

So my friend bought himself a magic flight a few weeks back and he says he really likes it (though he has already had to use his warranty for breaking the screen)

Anyway I was in a library doing some research when I decided to look up tetrahydrocannabinol in the Merck Index. I was puzzled to find that its boiling point (temperature at which vaporization occurs) around 300 degree Fahrenheit. I then looked up cannabidiol and saw it as well vaporized at a high temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit. If the point of vaporization is to avoid combustion, then why are the two primarily active chemicals in weed have boiling points higher than that when plant matter combusts (roughly 220 degree Fahrenheit)? What are people getting high off of if their vaporizers are heated at a temperature that at least a hundred degrees of from THC's/CNB's boiling point?

Combustion occurs at around 455f

Combustion occurs at around 455f
So what vapor is being produced after only 5-10 seconds of turning on the magic flight? I don't see how a conventional mesh of stainless steel powered by a single AA battery can reach 300-350 Fahrenheit in such a short time.

Actually on second thought, I guess it could.
Ignore me

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Comply

Wellness over intoxication
I would encourage you to look at the respitory thred on this forum. That is where I lerned My new routine. There are MANY active compounds that you can vaporize in cannibis. Many of then boil at different temps. I do 3 runs in my Cano, 377,412,428 and done. The 410-412 being my favorite. Be sure to use a very little amount. I can't take credit for this I lerned it all here from smart ass members. Keep vaping and be well!

Captain Comply,
Reactions: smokum

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes, the LB can reach those vaporizing temperatures. It can even combust if you let it, so that should tell you something about how hot it can get.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vicki

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, the LB can reach those vaporizing temperatures. It can even combust if you let it, so that should tell you something about how hot it can get.
The MFLB was my first vaporizer and served a puppose the first 6 month of my MMLICENCE.

Carrying 6 batteries wasn't very stealth.
Maybe I never learn how to use it right?

After the 2nd rip I was done.

Many vaporist love the MFLB.
Like I said I must not have learned how to use it?

ataxian,

TwoPageAfro

Enthusiast
I would encourage you to look at the respitory thred on this forum. That is where I lerned My new routine. There are MANY active compounds that you can vaporize in cannibis. Many of then boil at different temps. I do 3 runs in my Cano, 377,412,428 and done. The 410-412 being my favorite. Be sure to use a very little amount. I can't take credit for this I lerned it all here from smart ass members. Keep vaping and be well!

This is the thread you mentioned, no?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapourization-and-respiratory-health.11255/

Top Bottom