Vaporization & cilia

tomitface

so i know many of us on here are not medical experts, but this question is directed to those with any knowledge i have not been able to acquire thus far on my own.

Do the council of F.C. members believe...or even better yet have any factual knowledge as to whether the vaporizing of select sweet delicious plant material has the same, or similar negative effects on your cilia

:ninja:

tomitface,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Okay... Definately wait for others to chime in but... I recently quit smoking cigs with the e-cigs, then quit smoking herb and started vaping. I am thoroughly convinced that my cilia are functioning better than they have in 25 years. It is AMAZING to me!! I even feel that as time passed my lung function kept growing better and better. I did some reading and came to think it was the cilia both starting to work better as well as regenerating themselves.

Lo,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
lo said:
Okay... Definately wait for others to chime in but... I recently quit smoking cigs with the e-cigs, then quit smoking herb and started vaping. I am thoroughly convinced that my cilia are functioning better than they have in 25 years. It is AMAZING to me!! I even feel that as time passed my lung function kept growing better and better. I did some reading and came to think it was the cilia both starting to work better as well as regenerating themselves.
I've been vape only for about 6 months.

I just bought an E-cig and dont have it yet.

I want to be smoke free!

I think it mainly depends on the unit.
You need pure vapor.
Go at lower temps if you want to be as safe as u can be.
Hey, its your health.

New_World,

CrazyCracker

Well, in a way activating your cilia is a good thing. It helps get all the junk out.

I'm sure there is some irritation/damage of the cilia when you vape pot, albeit less than smoking.

CrazyCracker,

Lo

I think when I smoked cigs and herbs for years my cilia were in a coma compared to how they function now. I know they're working as the vaping does make phlegm move a little...

I love having clearer lungs :D

Lo,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
lo said:
I think when I smoked cigs and herbs for years my cilia were in a coma compared to how they function now. I know they're working as the vaping does make phlegm move a little...

I love having clearer lungs :D
I feel the same. I dont smoke (or even vape) tobacco since last christmas. I used to smoke a lot of joints, and in UK we mix with a lot of tobacco, obviously no filter. This used to kill my chest, used to wake up in the middle of the night not able to breathe properly making awful wheezing noises.

Thats a thing of the past now :)

Happycamper,

Lo

Can we say EVOLVED??? That is how I feel, I love this place!! Changed my damn life :D

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I can say that I can tell that my lungs are cleaner. And I know my cilia are doing their job. Much easier for me too bring up and clear out phlegm now than when I was smoking. When I was smoking it seemed as if my lungs refused too clean themselves.

DevoTheStrange,

Frickr

theres no doubt its better. based on my experiences with having asthma and usually getting some sort of chest cold or pnemonia, those types of things, to when i switched to vaping, i stopped needing to use my inhalor as often, i havent had the chest congestion that usually makes me hate harvest time in this area of the world, and when i had the swine flu, i had a bad caugh till i got a bag from a friend on the 3'd day and started vaping that, i stopped caughing after a few days. others that had it around me had the same caugh for weeks.

i dont know the specifics but i know it works and thats good enough for me.

Frickr,

standard

Breaths are much deeper, phlegm is much clearer now. Also the sense of smell is returning after giving up smoking.

If I recall, cilia are those little hairs that protect the respiratory system by filtering out foreign material. Looking at how little residue vaping produces in a pipe compared to combustion, I'm thinking the cilia is going to have a much easier job in the lung of the vaporist than the smoker. But that's just anecdotal.

This has some better documentation and citation:
"Decreased respiratory symptoms in cannabis users who vaporize" @
http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/4/1/11

standard,
Top Bottom