Vaporization and REM Sleep Cycles

ronads

Hello everyone I hope you are all well!

So I recently fully 'fucked' combustion as it were. (Cigarettes and Weed) Took a puff on a j recently and I wanted to boke. So I guess that's that.

Anyway! I fully quit weed and tobacco previously for 2 months this year, just to see where I stood mentally. I was undergoing counseling and taking a long break off the weed, to see what my normal baseline was like mentally. I basically almost totally lost it. It was very,very intense and I had to go back on SSRI's. I had been on them previously. They brought me back to a reasonable way of living, I was able to go to work and not freak out etc.

Anyway, I noticed during that time and also another month this year where I quit again. I was combusting tobacco and weed joints daily, though I did have a MFLB it was more of a special treat thing. I was more interested in combustion, I figured feeding my addiction was overall worth it, worth that rolling a j and lighting the end. It was a form of self abuse that was 'socially acceptable' amongst all my stoner friends.

The point being, prior to taking the ssris I ended up falling back into the worst depression of my life. Every night I was unable to fall asleep, and when I did I was waking up having had night terrors. Literally drenched in sweat. I felt like crap all the time. Then a few weeks later the depression kicked in worse than ever. All the memories I had been blocking due to my weed use came back with venegence.

As I say it was awful. I did get through it though and I am 100% better though I need to work on it daily. I am much happier with my use, I quit smoking altogether and I don't feel addicted anymore. It's my medicine.

But, I now know after this experience, that I probably hadn't experienced true REM sleep in years! I read about depression and rem rebound when stopping weed. But I wonder now, was it the weed or was it the combustion aswell?

I am not using nearly as much mj as before, and I am vaporising. I can take time off and I feel fine. However, I have noticed that since starting vaping my dreams have returned although not as vividly as when I truly quit for that time.

Does the act of smoking itself relate to REM loss as much as weed does in itself? Surely, if vaporising is more effective then my sleep should be affected much more? It seems to me like it's not affected as much and I'm sleeping better than when I was combusting.

It's a head scratcher and I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about this?

Thanks for reading :)

ronads

Hi Dave! Just to clarify, I'm feeling much better now. The bad times relating to dreams were back at the start of summer. :)

It's just that I've noticed my dreams were crazy when I fully quit, but when I quit combusting weed and got just as high from vaping, my dreams seem to be returning. (Which is no bad thing)

Just wondering what the science is or if I'm just less 'stoned over' in the morning and remebering better.

I'll read through those links. I'm not currently suffering as it were from lack of REM it's just since quitting combustion about a month ago my dreams are more noticeable.

ronads,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm feeling much better now.
Glad to hear this!

when I quit combusting weed and got just as high from vaping, my dreams seem to be returning.
I'd bet this is due to your mind being clearer while you sleep, just as the effects are clearer/cleaner when vaping compared to when combusting.

Do you notice any difference in dream effects between strains?

ronads

Glad to hear this!

I'd bet this is due to your mind being clearer while you sleep, just as the effects are clearer/cleaner when vaping compared to when combusting.

Do you notice any difference in dream effects between strains?

Well I'm unfortunately not really in the position to pick my strain. I get told its the best 'chumba wumba fruity northern haze cheese', and it may very well be but I can't be sure. I can pick out the difference between indica and sativa but I'd guess I'm getting mostly indica hybrids. But I can't be sure. In general I'm getting some pretty nice mids, very crystally and smelly. But not like the stuff I'd get from say..Amsterdam ;)

It could be! I'm not waking up from nightmares, just waking up from very 'vivid' dreams. A lot of the time they are good.

Been having strange dreams were I've been taking 'the most addictive opioid of all' if you catch my drift. (I'd never take that stuff even if you offered me the whole world. Nope) Had a massive block of the stuff, very vivid, woke up concerned I was going to end up being one of the guys in trainspotting next. It was very very pleasant, almost real.

I'm guessing that dream was about me being addicted to smoking and giving it up. Not just tobacco. But I can still remember every detail. Even if I vape straight before bed I get these dreams. I must say it's not every night though.

I wake up feeling like I don't want to get out of bed, very cosy and comfy. Before I could jump out of bed, having probably not had any REM sleep to properly get deep into it.

It's more the clarity, memory of it and realism I remember. I am still on the SSRI's so maybe it's related to that though I'm well adjusted to them now.

Jurkone

¿Don't you think it can be related to that when using marihuana, the mind works more, and at night you are so tired that you sleep deeper? When I consumed i thought it was because of something like that, + the relaxing effects in the body that made me to wake up tired and dizzy :)

Jurkone,
Reactions: imtp
Top Bottom