1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaporite

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vaporcloud, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

Can you take a picture of it in front of a piece of paper with the date and you member name on it? Just to help, so I know that you are a real user and not just another company rep sent here by Vaporite to try and gather our opinions. :tinfoil: :tup:

2. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Oh take off the tinfoil hat underdog :lol:. I think it is pretty safe to say this guy is not affiliated with the company.

Unfortunatly though Mfuzzii it sort of is that bad. Though I've never used one it looks cheap and judging by other vaporite products it probably won't be very well designed. Sorry :(

3. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I'd try it out if I were you , I Know I Haven't so much as seen or heard of this vaporizer before and yes it looks sorta like a DaVinci But maybe Just maybe IT Works . Give it try and tell us how it goes .
    Some users are happy with other vaporite Vapes , I don't see this as a blatant rip off it's not made to make you think its a DaVinci Just like vaporites new "twister"Vape that has the top that looks like an NO2 but in no way are these the same as say "The Launch Box" or some of the other Knockoff vapes That try to pass themselfs off as other well known vapes.

You can be the First to give an honest review . If you already own it whats the harm ?

Buildozer and 1_gr8_underdog like this.
  4. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

I second this.
    The advice I would give is for before it's first use. Not just for this one but any new vape purchase in general, Clean the heating chamber and removable lid with Isopropyl alcohol before using to remove any residue. Then with it charged and empty set it to its highest temp setting, engage the heater and leave it on for at least 10 minutes. Just to ensure there is no remaining residue left from manufacturing. :tup:

RUDE BOY likes this.
  5. Nereocystis

Nereocystis New Member

Alright, i bought the vaporite micro about a month ago, i guess its a brand new device, since there is no info on it, and the store i bought it from just got it in that day, so hopefully this quick little review will help!
    I paid 130$ for it, and this is my first vape, so im not by any means super experienced with them, but ive used it quite a bit. Had i read up on the troubles some people have had with vaporite products before hand, I probably wouldnt have bought it.
    So, for starters, The instructions is came with are absolute shit, just says how to turn it on and charge it. Nothing on the 4 different heat settings or anything, but after trial and error, heat level 3 seems to work perfectly, where as 1 and 2 are too low, and 4 starts to combust the herbs slightly. The battery is pretty good. Lasts 45 min, can last for a few days if your the only one using it, lasts a good day if your sharing it with a group. Takes about an hour and a half, two hours to charge it.The vapour i get out of it is decent, no clouds, but i mean with vaping, your not supposed to get huge clouds. Oh, and the bowl it has it freakin massive, its the same size, if not bigger then a regular pipe. Its pretty slick looking, sorta like holding a mug, keeps your hands warm on cold days. The mouth piece fell out of the adapter to the unit, but it easily friction fit back into place, and i was glad to see it wasnt being held on with glue, but i tend to abuse that piece a bit so im not too rattled.
    Anywho, all in all, i for sure enjoy it, all my buddies love it, one of them who also has an mflb says the vapour is a lot nicer and smoother then his, but ive never tried a mflb, so i cant really relate to that. I like how discrete it is, and hardly smells at all, and it tastes great, but im sure that goes for any vaporizer.
    I tried opening it up to get a look at the internals, but i cant seem to get the two halves apart, so i can just look through a little hole in the battery compartment. There doesn't appear to be any foam or anything, but i really have no clue cuz i cant get a good look.
    Anyways, thanks for reading! Hope this helps!

RUDE BOY likes this.
  6. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Nereocystis thanks for the review .

7. Nereocystis

Nereocystis New Member

No worries, ive seriously been checking every couple days on threads for info about it since i bought it, so i saw there was some activity regarding it, so i thought i would share what i knew! I will also say that when this vape breaks, im deffinately going to invest in a much higher quality vape, probably not a vaporite, maybe a devinci or no2 or something, but hell, maybe even a volcano one day! But i would say this vape is good for people who are curious about vaporizing, and want to explore the wonders of vaping (: i know i love vaping wayyy more then smoking now!
    Cheers!

8. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Why a Volcano? Still dunno why these are seen as the shinning light to those new to vapping. My 5 year old Vaporiye solo - box vape is still going strong. Infact, with the replaced whip (from a Delux Daddy vaporizer) its working a treat. Even cooking of the herbs and zero combustion even when regrinding some ABV. Unfortunately even a Vapor Bros is $400 here in NZ. I'd like a DBV or LSV but would need to import from Australia which makes me nervous,

RUDE BOY likes this.
  9. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

I think Vaporite have improved their products alot over the recent years and the Micro looks the goods. I can get one here in NZ for $249. Thats a bit more expensive than the MFLB and the PAX goes for $350 here. These are the only 3 portables I've seen for sale here in NZ.

On the same note, I upgraded my tired old Vaporite Solo for the new addition Solo. $200 ... best value vap in NZ. Cheaper than importing a DBV or such like from Australia and the new Solo works great. Ceramic heater, new electronics and ROH compliant.

10. Katysax

Katysax Member

I've got a Vaporite Twin that I got for $60 off of ebay. When I bought it I was a novice to whip vapes. It's actually not bad in that I can get pretty good clouds from it. No clue as to the accuracy of the temperature, but it's browning and not burning my weed. However, I see now that the twin was totally unnecessary. Two people can share a wand or two people can easily use two wands with one connection. The wands that come with it are pretty cheap. It works OK though. I'm kind of glad I didn't buy the DaBuddha I was thinking of because I'm not that fond of the wand vape experience. I got an Arizer solo and I prefer that style of tape.

For a cheap vape though the Vaporite works OK for me.

11. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Yeah the whips are cheap pieces of crap. All the product falls to the side because the bowl is to big. I'm using a 2 piece whip which kinda sandwiches the herb between two screens. I can get lung splitting clouds from this setup. As mentioned above the new solo has updated circuitry and new heating unit. Cheap yes, better than combusting - definitely.

12. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

This is becoming my own personal thread with a few contributors scatter amongst the pages :)

I'm seriously considering the micro. Seems all portables have their draw backs and the micro has a feature many others don't (but should have) and that's been able to use the device while it's charging.

It does seem like it's a conduction unit, possibly why the bowl/oven is quite large. I'm so close to pulling the trigger. If I do will give a review.

Ok, I'm going to pull the trigger. Hopefully got paid last night. I will order over the next couple of days (my wifes gonna spew lol) so should have it mid next week. Need to source some more product otherwise I'll be testing it with ABV.

I will post a review Thread once I've gotten my hands on it and rocked a few bowls.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  13. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Update: I'm getting the Budy Pen Pro. Just ordered it, only $100 to the door. Youtube clips look promising. Should be great for a vap on the run. Means I'll have some cash left so I can wait to see if the Ascent turns out to be as good as all the hype.

14. Startus

Startus New Member

15. Mrs.Coolz

Mrs.Coolz Retail Extraordinaire Retailer

Does anyone out there have a 'Budy Pen' or the 'Budy Pen Pro'? I've had quite a few people have issues with them, and was wondering if it's the same for everyone else.

16. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Yes I had a budy pen pro. Lasted one charge and then wouldn't charge up again. Sent it back and they(the retailer) have upgraded me to a micro which has arrived today but am at work so will give some feedback on that once I've given it a run.

The Budy Pen Pro never worked properly for flowers. With the ceramic disk in place it never got hot enough to form any vapor. The element definitely glowed red and without the disk I got combustion (bleh) but would not vaporise as designed. Pity coz the concept is very cool. Interesting the retailer has removed them from their website which suggests others have had issues too.

Now I know this doesn't put Vaporite in very good light but I have used other products of theirs with great success and reliability. Anyway, stay tuned for a review of the micro.

Mrs.Coolz, Buildozer and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

The micro has been unwrapped and given a run. This is what I got.

http://vaporitevapes.com/product_micro.html

Cost me $249 NZ Dollars.

So far this is going ok. Need to test it for a few more days before I can give it a thorough review. I'll start a thread when I do. First impressions and observations:

1. This is a conduction vape. The bowl is a sealed oven and the top has a metal sleeve that slids into the bowl. The vapor path is not air tight from what I can tell. Perhaps this is how it was designed to allow air to mix with the vapor?

2. The bowl in large. How it will perform with small loads will be interesting. The top slids off completely to allow total access to the bowl. Cleaning looks to be a cinch.

3. The led lights that tell you if it's charging (orange) and when it's up to temp (green) seem to be a little unstable. Again further testing will uncover any quirks and durability issues. I'm not one to send something back as long as it's doing what it should even if a led light doesn't glow when it should.

4. Taste has been fine so far even with the shit regs I'm using. No silicone taste and no off gassing from what I can see. The vapor path looks well sealed from the electronics.

Its clearly a DV knock off. The Flexi Straw thing is very similar. Mine has fallen out of it's attachment already.

Mrs.Coolz and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. Angelzbl0od

Angelzbl0od New Member

Hey guys

So I have the Vaporite solo deluxe and I have the whip with a screw on end that has chamber where you can put your material. The chamber on this whip is quite large, maybe 1/2 gram pack.

I was looking for a way to vape a small amount of bud though either the same whip or possibly by purchasing a different one with a smaller pack.

any suggestions?

19. max

max This space available Staff Member

There may be something with a smaller bowl that would fit. I don't know. I would contact Vapeworld and Gotvape. They sell the brand and may know of a smaller wand you can use.

What you can do with your current whip/wand is turn the vape upside down or on its side, if herb falling out of the wand is your concern. Your hits won't have the same punch, with a large air path and small amount of bud, but the effects will be there.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  20. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Max, with the screw on end whips the herb is contained within the two pieces of whip so none will fall out.

Angel, you could try making the bowl part smaller by fashioning some screens to keep the herb in the centre of the bowl. I've found the bud on the outside of the bowl gets a lot less heat than the centre.

21. Mrs.Coolz

Mrs.Coolz Retail Extraordinaire Retailer

That's what I've been told by all of the people who have bought one; I was thoroughly disappointed with the outcome. I'll hold out hope for a good (and affordable) vape pen. Thanks for your opinion. Glad to hear your micro turned out well, though.

vaporcloud and RUDE BOY like this.
  22. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Yes the micro is ok. Evenly cooks the contents of the bowl but it doesn't hit hard enough to be my daily deliver. And the bowl is pretty big so I only use it when necessary. Kinda reminds me of my PD. Slow draw and flavoursome hits but nothing lung splitting. Actually the flavour from the micro is outstanding. Doesn't seem to get the abv taste at all. Quite impressive in that department.

23. Grim Chiclets

Grim Chiclets Well-Known Member

My Mini Digit is a beast, I always underestimate it for some reason..

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors